jaffry20 is offline Member

Angry So far 6 Docs. REFUSED by ALL???

Alright I've now been to 6 Docs asking them to run some blood tests on me, I don't say anything about Anabolic Steroids because they wouldn't even listen to me then, they simply say I won't have any part in it. S I thought I would go in witha sheet of paper with evereything I would like checked and they won't to do it because A: Im not a Alcoholic B:im not over 40 C: say im too young and healthy to do this D: the hormone test or for people who are taking testosterone . DUH that's why I wanna get checked, fuk these docs rattle me. One of my Older buddies(40-50yrs) at the gym is gonna talk to someone to see if he ca help me out and talk with his doc to see, so hopefully I can get something. Here's what I wrote down and asked to get checked:

Cardiovascular
    -Total Cholesterol
    -LDL
    -HDL
    -Triglycerides
    -C-reactive protein
    -Homocysteine

Major Liver Functions:
    -Alkaline Phosphatase
    -GGT
    -SGOT
    -SGPT

Major Kidney Functions:
    -Creatinine
    -BUN
    -Creatinine/BUN ratio

Hormones:
    -Testosterone
    -Free Testosterone
    -IGF-1 Estradiol
    -DHEA/DHEA-s
    -Full Thyroid Panel

and PSA Test for the Prostate

XxElitexX is offline Senior Member
    Yeah that sucks....some docs will do it. I guess you will just half to keep on trying. I think you should be able to go and get a complete physical and then they would do all that blood work.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    you need to see an endocronoligist

Quote Originally Posted by XxElitexX
    Yeah that sucks....some docs will do it. I guess you will just half to keep on trying. I think you should be able to go and get a complete physical and then they would do all that blood work.

Yeah I asked MY Doc that I go regularly too if He could do a complete physical but and he said yeh but that won't do with anything you have on your list, it's more of a a don't know what he said, more "physical" I geuss haha, like no blood wokr I dunno, fuk this is bull.

Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    you need to see an endocronoligist

would endocronoligist do it for me hand down no questions asked. I see know problem why the fuk wouldn't any doc if im gonna pay, this is just stupid. Im gonna see if I can find myself a endocronoligist now thanks for the advice bro.

yes they specialize in liver , kidneys, diabetes, thyroid etc.... tell him you have been tired alot and a familt friend suggest you get a complete blood work done , you are also very curious. should be no prob

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't get it? If you want blood work done, you Dr. has to do it.... He works for you?

no he doesn't

Quote Originally Posted by buylongterm
    I don't get it? If you want blood work done, you Dr. has to do it.... He works for you?

Yeah he does work for me, but when im using an illegal substance I geuss he can refuse me. I no I no makes no fukin sense, I don't get it myself very stressfull

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jaffry20
    Yeah he does work for me, but when im using an illegal substance I geuss he can refuse me. I no I no makes no fukin sense, I don't get it myself very stressfull
    if you're asking for bloodwork, you should have no problem getting it. find a new doc.

That's what Im doing, I have to get tested before I start my cycle, will be starting as soon as my blood gets done. How is it in the US no problems getting tests done?? just walk in pay and they're done? Canada sure does suck my balls rite now that's foresure

Chookster is offline Associate Member
    are you asking for only a blood test or for a complete physical including blood work.

Quote Originally Posted by Chookster
    are you asking for only a blood test or for a complete physical including blood work.

I wrote down at the top exactly what I wanted tested. I wrote it on a piece of paper and said here, this is what I want to get checked.

Chookster is offline Associate Member
    i went in for yearly physical asked for blood test w/ all panels including test levels and cholesterol. they weighed me, touched my sack, took some blood . no problems if your doc will not help you go else where. i don't think it should matter if you want just a blood test, maybe getting a phsy. with blood work seemed more routine to my dr.

freon is offline New Member
    It sounds like the issue here is that since Health Canada is footing the bill for this, they apparently get to tell doctors what they can and can't do. Yay for socialized medicine.

I don't know if you have private clinics in Canada where you can pay cash for whatever you want (as other countries with socialized medicine, like the UK, do) but finding either a private clinic or a private blood testing lab (like Quest Diagnostics here in the US) seems like the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by freon
    It sounds like the issue here is that since Health Canada is footing the bill for this, they apparently get to tell doctors what they can and can't do. Yay for socialized medicine.

I don't know if you have private clinics in Canada where you can pay cash for whatever you want (as other countries with socialized medicine, like the UK, do) but finding either a private clinic or a private blood testing lab (like Quest Diagnostics here in the US) seems like the way to go.

I don't think we do, cause if we do, I sure as hell don't know about any clinic's, wish we did.

Angelis is offline Banned
    Really thats wierd I went into my doc one day when I decided I seriously wanted to do AAS and told him what I wanted to do and asked him to give me a blood test... he gave me a paper I went to the clinic down the street and got a blood test. Everything was pretty much normal excpet I had low-normal Thyroid and Test Levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelis
    Really thats wierd I went into my doc one day when I decided I seriously wanted to do AAS and told him what I wanted to do and asked him to give me a blood test... he gave me a paper I went to the clinic down the street and got a blood test. Everything was pretty much normal excpet I had low-normal Thyroid and Test Levels.

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT bra, I wish mine was that easy!!!

freon is offline New Member
    Google says you do: http://www.canadian-healthcare.org/page6.html

Yellow pages?

justin984 is offline Junior Member
    [Removed]
    Last edited by justin984; 06-16-2011 at 10:25 PM.

justin984 is offline Junior Member
    [Removed]
    Last edited by justin984; 06-16-2011 at 10:26 PM.

Mealticket is offline Senior Member
    I agree. I go to my doc to get my hematocrit level checked every couple months or so , especially before big races. Costs me $45.00.

LuvMuhRoids is offline Anabolic Member
    that's what I dont understand either. Technically by code of ethics regardless of there personal opinion they have to help you out. I have heard of one or two stinchy docs but 6? What state or city you live in? Im not going there...lol

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    Insurance companies give doctors alot of grief for performing what they call unnessicary procedures. A hormone panel on a young male would usually fall in that category.

Imagine if they gave everyone with knee pain an NMR

I know it sucks, but dont be mad at the doctors, esp if you werent upfront and honest with everything. You could always say you were using legal hormones from GNC.

I don't aggree, blood work is prescribed.....if you had every person ordering tests, think about how many insurance companies would fight it, this would drive up overall medical costs.

MOst docs will listen to your needs and will accomodate you, but they don't have to do anything you tell them....otherwise you wouldnt need a doctors order to get tests.

I mean you dont walk in and say i order you to prescribe me this or that, just doesnt work that way, doctors have their own discretion.

znak is offline Senior Member
    Surf the net. In the US, you will get 200 hits. I would be that will get a few even in Canada.

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    That's really odd, I have never had a problem getting blodwork done, tell them you want an all round physical.

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    If you have said nothing about aas, and each refused, my question would be are you unwilling to treat me or make sure I am healthy? If that didn't work I would ask him if it is against the law to ask for a blood test and is it against the law for you to refuse a patient. Follow that up with I have a greedy lawyer who says differently and punitive damages will rectify your thinking.

Froggy is offline Member
    What would be nice is a clinic (ie..testing facility..the lab) where you could order your own tests...for some reason it don't work that way...It's not against the law is it???

worldtraveln is offline Associate Member
    Just go in with classic signs of low test. For example lethargy, libido issues, and a feeling of depression. This should be enough for the doc to draw some blood to fiqure out what is going on. It might not give you your exact list of bloodwork but it should give you some of the basics.

Thread Information