cj1capp is offline Anabolic Member

valium and cortisol levels

I was reading the 2000 year book on AS and in it they say valium can reduce cortisol levels. Any one heard of this and what are your thoughts on it.

Ripped218 is offline New Member
    Yeah i also read this in several areas,IMO it makes sense since valium relaxes you and lowers stress level so it could concieveble lower cortisol levels.

james21 is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah I definately believe it can, it has many good uses for me it lowers HBP too, since I have hypertenion/anxiety.

cj1capp is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by james21
    Yeah I definately believe it can, it has many good uses for me it lowers HBP too, since I have hypertenion/anxiety.
    thanks for the reply bros

thebrakes is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by james21
    sh1t i didnt know that....got a drawer full of it and 140/88...guess i'll have to start popping 5mg before bed...but wait - since you're pretty calm when you're asleep (generally) - wouldnt its effects be reduced while sleeping?

always makes me think of spaceballs - prince valium

redmeat is offline Senior Member
    Not to hijack, but does anyone know if valium effects the metabolism?

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by redmeat
    Not to hijack, but does anyone know if valium effects the metabolism?
    Benzos significantly decrease BMR. This means it's easier to get fat, and harder to gain muscle.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...ist_uids=38696

flexin-rph is offline Member
    Valium (benzo's in general) can also cause gyno.

big4nuthin is offline Associate Member
    Is oxycodone a benzo?

Quote Originally Posted by big4nuthin
    Is oxycodone a benzo?
    Nope...narcotic analgesic. Benzodiazepines include Valium, Xanax, Ativan,
    Tranxene, etc.....

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    I read a study where it increased HGH if taken before you go to sleep

JohnnyB

Is oxycodone a benzo?
    you really, really, really shouldn't be taking oxy. It's practically heroin, only more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude-Man
    you really, really, really shouldn't be taking oxy. It's practically heroin, only more expensive.
    Agreed...I've seen little old ladies go into withdrawal even after a short course of post-op oxy.
    Last edited by flexin-rph; 02-10-2005 at 08:02 PM.

freon is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flexin-rph
    Valium (benzo's in general) can also cause gyno.
    Flexin, do you know the mechanism of action for this? A quick google finds a case report related to valium abuse, but it's on a pay journal. Does it affect estradiol levels directly or is it something else?
    Last edited by freon; 02-10-2005 at 08:23 PM.

My doctor prescribed me 5 mg oxycodone (120 tabs for $12.00) for some lower back problems I have been having. He said it would be better to use them than vicodens. Better for my liver all things considered. I just use them in the evenings when my back flares up. I have had some nasty addictions in the past. No chance of a repeat.

hardwork101 is offline Junior Member
    Benzo withdraws are horrible, right behind herion and booze. When doc's prescribe benzo it is supposed to be for only 4 month's at a time, then 4 month's off according to the pdr. Valium and Xanax are real easy to abuse, you can pop'em like M&M's. O and another thing about benzo's is that there half life is like 48 hours(Xanax)(So you feel drowsey for 2 day's). Just stay away from that garbage.

Swellin Guest
    My doctor prescribed me 5 mg oxycodone (120 tabs for $12.00) for some lower back problems I have been having. He said it would be better to use them than vicodens. Better for my liver all things considered. I just use them in the evenings when my back flares up. I have had some nasty addictions in the past. No chance of a repeat.
    The reason OC's were developed was to avoid the problem of dosing oxycodon with acetaminofen. Since the acetaminofen is so rough on the liver, they wanted to be able to control the pain without the problems associated with downing so many mg of acetaminofen. So he is exactly right about that!

However, they are very addictive. I would think that a 5mg percocet would be just as beneficial, except that it is not sustained release like you OC. That gives you more relief for a longer period of time. Be careful, or you won't be able to sleep at night without them.

Coming from someone who broke their back....I know the dangers of night time drugs and the addicitions they can cause.

vestax is offline Member
    taking oxy or any opiate on any kind of gear is very dangerous. Your heart will pound so hard you will think your having a heart attack.

Quote Originally Posted by vestax
    taking oxy or any opiate on any kind of gear is very dangerous. Your heart will pound so hard you will think your having a heart attack.
    Why do you say that? How do the two interact that result in increased heart rate? I have noticed quite the opposite. I actually mellow out when I take my oxy. Currently running 350 mgs of test wkly, 350 mgs of masteron , and 400 mgs of eq. I would be intrested in knowing the scientific rationale for your statement.

PiecinItUp is offline Member
    There a reason why your running more EQ per week than Test? Is it because your running masteron ? Just curious.

yikes!! is offline Associate Member
    man, I don't have any addictions but I love some valiums and zanni's.....yum

jgg1221 is offline Member
    one benzo, trileptal which is extremely mild, is great for supressing outbreaks of roid rage .... signifigantly calms me down when i get agressive... brings me back to normal

Quote Originally Posted by PiecinItUp
    There a reason why your running more EQ per week than Test? Is it because your running masteron? Just curious.
    you don't have to run test at a dosage higher than your other compounds. In order to support your libido, all you need is around 100 mg/week.

Quote Originally Posted by PiecinItUp
    There a reason why your running more EQ per week than Test? Is it because your running masteron? Just curious.
    No specific reason. I have alot of it and it seems to work better for me if I stay on it at 400-600 mgs a week. This is a little bit of a hardening cycle for me before I switch off to a cruise cycle of 200 mgs a week of test prop w/45 mgs a day of anavar for 6 weeks. i forgot to mention that I am also on gh @5 iu's a day and .25 arimdex, 10 mgs of nolva.

Thread Information