S R H is offline Associate Member

DoggCrapp Training!

I Just started DC training and i cant believe how ridiculously badass it is. However, i have a few questions but i have no idea who to ask because i dont know anyone who does it. If any of you train DC style or know alot about it, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEEE PM me. I know this is the wrong forum for it but there are only like half the people that post in workout questions than they do here, so i figured more people would see it here. Thanks guys. please be sure to hit me up.

thanx
    -sRh

Consistency is offline Extraordinarily Exorbitant
    heres 5 pages to read through about it

Dogcrapp Training manual

n8or is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by S R H
    I Just started DC training and i cant believe how ridiculously badass it is. However, i have a few questions but i have no idea who to ask because i dont know anyone who does it. If any of you train DC style or know alot about it, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEEE PM me. I know this is the wrong forum for it but there are only like half the people that post in workout questions than they do here, so i figured more people would see it here. Thanks guys. please be sure to hit me up.

thanx
    -sRh

u started it but u dont know how to work it?? wut were ur questions??

u from scripps ranch or what ?? wuts srh stand for??

littleguns is offline Associate Member
    i guess n80r lives in mira mesa =x

JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    check out intensemuscle.com, that's where he hangs out.

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by Consistency
    heres 5 pages to read through about it

Dogcrapp Training manual

link explains it all.

best of luck

ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    hmmm training forum???????????

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Quote Originally Posted by JdJuicer
    check out intensemuscle.com, that's where he hangs out.
    exactly, you can even pm him there and there are also a lot of knowledgable dc'rs there too.

Swellin Guest
    If you post your question here, we will try and answer it to the best of our abilities. In doing so, we might answer the same questions somebody else has. This way, your thread helpsw others and not just yourself.

Go ahead and post your question.

GetinBig is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah bro there should be no reason to go somewhere else. Post it up on..

Quote Originally Posted by littleguns
    i guess n80r lives in mira mesa =x
    actuallt i did last year, so thats why i was wondering.. so can i get an answer ...

Ok here are a few of the questions i had regarding DC...
    1) Do you hold the "static hold" at the contracted part of the lift or extended? (ie. at the top of the preacher curl or bottom, or top of the pull-up or the bottom)

2) If you do too light of a weight for a warmup it doesnt even feel like a warmup, but when i do the right amount of weight for the warm up i sometimes get a pump. Is this bad? Sometimes it kind of feels like im actually doing a set, but a really weak one, and i get a bit fatigued so i dono if its affecting my " One work set". What do you guys think?

3) If you are lifting ultra heavy and you are doing side laterals, how the HELL do you hold a 30 sec static hold after your 13-15 RP reps? I just dont get it, i could barely hold it for 3 on side laterals and a few others.

4)If a spotter helped you one time and you feel as thought you couldnt go up weight the next time, is it ok to drop your weight a little to make it the right weight? Aka i did 70 lb BB preacher curls but i think this dude spotted me and i wouldnt have been able to complete the set myself. ( it was a tad too heavy). Is it ok if i drop the weight next time just a bit so i dont need a spot?

Thats all i can think of for now i dont remember the other key questions i had right now. but yeah thx guys!

/bump maybe move it to workout q's

Swellin Guest
    1) The static hold is performed at the contraction. For instance, a static hold on chest is performed 6-8 inches off the chest.

2) It takes me several sets to properly warm up large groups and only a couple to warm up smaller groups. Do whatever it takes to get the blood flowing in the proper muscle. The warm up should be just that...a warm up, not a work set. So you should not be struggling during your warm up.

3) Side laterals don't make sense to me in the DC workout as they are more of an isolation movement. I would do something that allowed me to use more weight. However, you must realize that certain lifts do not lend themselves to statics. Almost everything with DB's makes it tough to do a static.

4)If you were only a rep or two out of the rep range because of what the spotter did, I would stay at that weight. The next time you perform this lift, you should be in the proper rep range by simply gaining strength. I would leave it and just go ballz out trying to get it in the range next time.

Aight cool thx bro but um... instead of side laterals what should i do.... along with laterals i do smith machine behind the neck press and lying rear delt raises.

And about the warmups... what should it feel like? like VERY VERYYYYY easy or just not like as hard as you can go... i dono how light to start with or how heavy i can go without it counting as a "work set"

Quote Originally Posted by Swellin
    1) The static hold is performed at the contraction. For instance, a static hold on chest is performed 6-8 inches off the chest.

2) It takes me several sets to properly warm up large groups and only a couple to warm up smaller groups. Do whatever it takes to get the blood flowing in the proper muscle. The warm up should be just that...a warm up, not a work set. So you should not be struggling during your warm up.

3) Side laterals don't make sense to me in the DC workout as they are more of an isolation movement. I would do something that allowed me to use more weight. However, you must realize that certain lifts do not lend themselves to statics. Almost everything with DB's makes it tough to do a static.

4)If you were only a rep or two out of the rep range because of what the spotter did, I would stay at that weight. The next time you perform this lift, you should be in the proper rep range by simply gaining strength. I would leave it and just go ballz out trying to get it in the range next time.

Swellin Guest
    Drop the lying rear laterals. That is an isolation exercise.

In place, you can do db military, military (BNP that you are doing), front press, standing rows...any movement that allows you to use heavy weight.

As for the warm ups, let's say your bent rows work set is done with 275lbs of plate weight on the smith. You might warm up by using 90lbs for 10-12 reps, 175 lbs for 6-8 reps, 235lbs for 6-8 reps, then hit the weight.

Everybody does their warm up differently. Some do high reps, others don't. you will learn what works for your body. However, you must increase the weight and step it up to get some reps in with weight close to what you are doing for your work set. Otherwise, you just aren't ready to get under the big weight mentally...it feels so much heavier than what you just did (if you don't get closer to the weight warming up), that it screws with your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Swellin
    Drop the lying rear laterals. That is an isolation exercise.

In place, you can do db military, military (BNP that you are doing), front press, standing rows...any movement that allows you to use heavy weight.

As for the warm ups, let's say your bent rows work set is done with 275lbs of plate weight on the smith. You might warm up by using 90lbs for 10-12 reps, 175 lbs for 6-8 reps, 235lbs for 6-8 reps, then hit the weight.

Everybody does their warm up differently. Some do high reps, others don't. you will learn what works for your body. However, you must increase the weight and step it up to get some reps in with weight close to what you are doing for your work set. Otherwise, you just aren't ready to get under the big weight mentally...it feels so much heavier than what you just did (if you don't get closer to the weight warming up), that it screws with your mind.
    About the warm-ups, it makes sense what you said completely but when u do those 235 for 6-8 and your workset is 275, wouldnt you kind of feel like you are still doing a set with those 235 reps? its not THAT much less weight. I dont know i really dont get the point of a warmup. because i thought it shouldnt be stressful at all so you have all of the energy you need for your one workset.
    grrrr

are u from scripps ranch or not, ,, just currius

no bro... srh is a westcoast clothing company that sponsers alota bands, surfers, and sh*t
    www.srh.com

Btw one more question for u swellin....
    On the DC spreadsheet i have... it says to train abs with every workout... by the end of the work out im so dead i can barely move and i havent done abs... do you do this? If you do, do you just do straight sets with weight or no weight... or use RP or what. Thx

Swellin Guest
    Back to the warm up. That last warm up I made up might only take 2-4 reps on the 235. You need to get a feel for a weightclose to what you are doing so it won't screw with your head, but you don't need to be pushing yourself at that point. You will have to experiment with what works for you.

As for the abs, I don't do them every workout. I use a version of what Iron Addict posted for abs some time ago. I hit them on Monday and Friday. I do a Nautilus crunch machine first. I use a weight that I can do for 20 easy reps. Then I move to a weight that I can barely get for 10-12 reps. I take a minute or so between sets, and then I hit it again. I then go upstairs and get on the decline bench and do sit ups with a db on my chest. The position in which you hold the db makes all of the difference.

Here is my log from today:
    Naut: 120x20; 190x12;190x12
    Dec: 75x10;75x10

I had to stop going oup on the weight with the decline because my lower back pops and hurts on this exercise. I broke my lower back years ago, so I am more careful with it.

The DC folks work abs into their workouts while they are waiting on a piece of equipment. I am not really certiain the methods as I have never asked. I am training mine to be stronger abs, so it will aid in my core strength and benefit my other lifts.

Trust me, training with heavy weight on your abs will not make the gigantic like so many people think.

Thread Information