Thread: Tennis Elbow

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member

Question Tennis Elbow

For those who have experineced tennis elbow, other then anti-inflamatories (sp?) what else did you take to help with recovery. The other day i could not even pick up a glass of water and i am sick of this shit. Its been a week now and i need to get back in the gym. Thanks

Can't let my thread go to the bottom.....now if someone doesn't reply i am going to make this a sticky! LOL! jk.....i know i'm just getting a little testy thats all

Luke is offline Associate Member
    do a search on 'Luke' as poster and 'tennins elbow' in the subject. I got quite a bit of replies.

Luke is offline Associate Member
    But... if you don't want to do the search, there are a few things that can be done. Cortisone (I think that's what it's called) shots prescribed by your doc. Short surgery etc... but personally, I just add 200mg/week of Deca and all my joints problems go away :-)

palme is offline Rosie Member
    I got tennis elbow in Febuary after not warming up before skullcrunshers.

Bad idea!

Anyway i couldnt work my uper body for a month, i did legs 2 times/ week and lots of cardio. Best answer i can give is take some painkillers and let it rest!! Only was to heal it.

Ott
    Ott is offline New Member
    Originally posted by Luke
    But... if you don't want to do the search, there are a few things that can be done. Cortisone (I think that's what it's called) shots prescribed by your doc. Short surgery etc... but personally, I just add 200mg/week of Deca and all my joints problems go away :-)
    Whatup... I've had this shit for like 3 years in my right elbow.... Its no fun, and usually when you get it, it comes and goes throught your life! I had a cortizone shot and seems to be helping, but it usually is short term... Try taking some glucoamine and MSM.... Flax oil has also been said to lube up the joints.... ICE ICE ICE!! Make sure you stretch your forearms real good, and ice your elbow when your done workin out....I think the ice helps me the most.......

Oh and lay off your tally-whacker for a bit!!

Ott

Thanks guys

Bell Tower is offline Junior Member
    Full Int.........Not that I don't want to help you out but I was wondering what are your symptoms of TE? I've recently found some dicomfort when I rest my right elbow on the table. The pain is localized to this spot. Is it similar to yours?

Prot is offline Banned

What works in a week?

high rep forearm work once or twice a day..Use grippers if possible but also reverse and wrist curls will work.

Try it. I tried rice, shots, and pills..this finally worked.

Originally posted by Bell Tower
    Full Int.........Not that I don't want to help you out but I was wondering what are your symptoms of TE? I've recently found some dicomfort when I rest my right elbow on the table. The pain is localized to this spot. Is it similar to yours?
    I didn't have localized pain, but bad pain all around my elbow and the surrounding area. It got so bad at times that even while on Tylenol 3's i still could not even pick up a glass of water. I do not know how to explain it but my doctor informed me that it was either tennis or golf elbow. But by putting pressure in certain spots it was confirmed that it indeed was tennis elbow. Pain on the outside and upper part of the elbow is tennis and on the inside and lower part of the elbow is golf elbow.

jbrand is offline Member
    A nagging problem like tennis elbow isn't just going to disappear with time if you are consistently putting excess stress on the elbow joint. I would foremost recommend abstaining from working out for 2-3 weeks while utilizing glucosamine or possibly localized dmso. If you refuse to take such an absence from the gym (which I would probably be recluctant to) avoid heavy curling movements and any tricep movement that irritates the elbow, you may also want to attempt reversing your grip on some lifts. I like the above advice of forearm/grip training too.

seanw is offline Banned
    Full Intensity, I know this is a very old thread. But I have what you have/had. Just been to the Doc and got anti inflamatories and muscle relaxants. The real killer is the curling movement, I did chest on Monday and had no problems, but when I started to curl today I had to stop it just hurt so much. I have had it for a while and its getting worse. When I wake up in the morning it just aches trying to get movement back inti it. I just had two weeks off for my back and I thought this would get better but it hasnt. What did you do to fix the problem ?

toolman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by seanw
    Full Intensity, I know this is a very old thread. But I have what you have/had. Just been to the Doc and got anti inflamatories and muscle relaxants. The real killer is the curling movement, I did chest on Monday and had no problems, but when I started to curl today I had to stop it just hurt so much. I have had it for a while and its getting worse. When I wake up in the morning it just aches trying to get movement back inti it. I just had two weeks off for my back and I thought this would get better but it hasnt. What did you do to fix the problem ?
    Only one thing you can do...rest it for awhile. I had been dealing with it for a year and finally quit curls for a month and started again and no problems.

seanw is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by toolman
    Only one thing you can do...rest it for awhile. I had been dealing with it for a year and finally quit curls for a month and started again and no problems.
    Did you continue to work out everything else and just drop the curls. ?

Thread Information