Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Police Call

TheGreatOne is offline Associate Member

Police Call

If you missed my thread, give it a read then help me out

http://67.18.108.244//showthread.php?t=148510

I just got a call from a detictive threatning me to come and arrest me for harrassment. I mean this guy has no proof about anything, no basis, nothing and threatning me. I refused to talk to him at first but then he's like if you don't talk to me I'll come and arrest right now. He's like I know where you live and I'll come right now. Can he do that? I told him to speak to my lawyer and he said no I am not gonna I wanna talk to you. Anyone knows if they can do that and what can I do about it because frankly I don't like it.. Thanks bros..

seanw is offline Banned
    Harrasment of who ? Your Girlfriend ?. Sounds like a setup to me, How do you know it really was a cop and not just a friend of your GF. Think about it, search warrants dont get handed out like candy, there has to be a very good reason to issue a search warrant and a few pics of your GF aint one of them IMO. I would call his bluff and tell him you will meet him at the station. Id he says OK then go and meet him with a lawyer.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    call his suppervisor, get him to come over with him..

file a harassment complaint with internal affairs..

warning.. from experience.. mess with him.. and you mess with all of his friends in blue..

it wouldn't be hard for them to stop you for a traffic violation, get you out of the car, and drop some white powder substance on your seat..

get the picture.??
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

THA GONZ is offline Associate Member
    Bro no detective would call and say that. If it was really a detective he wouldn't call and ask where you live, and refuse to talk to your lawyer. It was obviously some one that your ex-girl had call you to scare you. Even if she went to the police they wouldn't get a search warrant and come to your house over some pictures that your disgrunteled ex-girl claims exist. Don't sweat it. Its hard to get a search warrant, they won't waste their time on it. At most they would come to your house in uniform and ask a few questions. there has been no law broken here. If you start posting the pics or sell them online you could get in some trouble though.

spidernbutterfly is offline Associate Member
    who were u supposedly harrassing? in most states harrassment is only a misdemeanor, and u can't be arrested for them unless the POLICe witness it happen. he could file charges against you, but that would take weeks for either a summons or a warrant. sounds to me like ur GF wanted to stir the pot.

hmm I see.. I know he's a cop because I called the station and asked for his badge number so I know he's not bluffing but all I wanna know is can he arrest me over nothing which sounds crazy to me. If he calls again, should I just hang up or what to say?

Red Monster is offline Associate Member
    you dont want cops calling you or knowing your name for anything, but first you need to verify if thats even a real cop. If it isn't, tell him to F off and stop harassing you. If it is a cop, tell him you have nothing to say... dont meet him and think you'll talk your way out of it... just let it blow over.

Hed
    Hed is offline Senior Member
    Dude! Thats total BS. Clean your house, then friggin go down to the station if he calls and talk to someone in person, pref. a superior.

This whole case stinks of BS. Not from your side of the story, but that detective prolly knows the girl man, cause a detective will NOT call you.

If he's calling you then he has nothing on you. If he did he would be at your door to arrest you, but again there has been no laws that I know of broken here. Did you admit that you have the pics to him, if not deny it and tell him if he keeps calling you will contact your lawyer. Thats harrasment. If he is a cop he is very unprofessional!

If it is a real cop I wouldn't talk to him about anything without a lawyer present, cops have a funny way of talking you in to circles and confusing you, next thing you know you confessed to something you didn't do. remember even if your arrested you have the right to remain silent. So you don't have to talk to him about anything.

Red Monster is offline Associate Member
    on the other hand you should probably give the chick the photos back... if she really is claiming you violated her privacy to the cops, you dont want some gung ho jack boot thug to make you have to register as a sex offender by pulling some strings...

gixxer600 is offline Member
    If he really is a cop, like you said, why not get legal advice? I mean it wouldn't hurt right? Like spywizard said, if they do want to get you, they will regardless. But first, if there was (or is) any mention of the pics, deny it. Its your word against hers. I really don't see anything come out of this. Basically I wouldn't worry about it. As for the $800, small claims court would be your best bet. YOU DONT HAVE TO GIVE HIM ANY INFO OVER THE PHONE IF YOU DON'T WANT TO!! Just remember that! Good luck bro, and keep us updated!

dude, that whole thing sounds like 1 big civil matter. he must know ur girl, cuz most cops don't even funk w/ civil matters. again, there r only a handfull of misdemeanors cops can arrest for w/o witnessing it, and harrassment is not one of them. If a dick is calling you then a report might already be on file and charges mayhave been filed. call ur local pros office and ask if any criminal charges have been filed against u.

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    If he is calling your house it is either a bluff(cop trying to resolve a situation), not a cop, or it is personal. If it is personal, like he is banging your x, he might try and be like most cops and think he is the law. Well, he is not the law and if he calls ask him exactly what basis he has for harrasment. Call a lawyer tomorrow and just see if you can talk to one on the phone... this does two things: saves you a bill, and if you do get arrested or a cop comes over you have an actual lawyer you can reference. Cops are always overstepping their bounds, and half the time get away with it. Sell them pictures. Tell them you do not have them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by THA GONZ
    If it is a real cop I wouldn't talk to him about anything without a lawyer present, cops have a funny way of talking you in to circles and confusing you, next thing you know you confessed to something you didn't do. remember even if your arrested you have the right to remain silent. So you don't have to talk to him about anything.
    I disagree, most cops cannot talk circles or confuse anyone with half a brain. They lie, they make stuff up, put there spin (swayed perception) on anything they want. I do, however, agree that you do not have to talk to them at all.

so what do you guys think I should do if he ever calls again? I mean can I just hang up on him or is that trouble? and if he says he's gonna come arrest me should I say go ahead or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    I disagree, most cops cannot talk circles or confuse anyone with half a brain. They lie, they make stuff up, put there spin (swayed perception) on anything they want. I do, however, agree that you do not have to talk to them at all.
    The only reason I said they could talk people in circles is because it happens alot because people don't know their rights then get very nervous when talking to them. I would avoid talking to them if I was him he seems very nervous and unsure about the situation.

like spywizard said, dont be a dick cuz u'll be a marked man by alll his bros. just tell him u have nothing to say. if he says he's coming over let him. he cant come in w/o a warrant or u invite him.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatOne
    so what do you guys think I should do if he ever calls again? I mean can I just hang up on him or is that trouble? and if he says he's gonna come arrest me should I say go ahead or what?
    Your lawyer will tell you what to say and what not to say. He will make a phone call to the prosecutors office and then the heat is off, if it was ever really on. Fvck that b!tch, sell those pictures, you will have the site so you could always go back and see them (burn originals after that) then go to kinkos and print the website out on 500 copies and paste them all over town.
    You might want to pay a couple of kids you do not know 5 bucks and tell them get them placed on all cars and in the hands of people and you will give them 10 bucks more each but then just take off and never pay them. lol

If I were you if he called me again and you know for sure its a real cop go and file a complaint at his precinct for harrasment. That way if in the long run he does try to set you up some how there will be a record of problems between you two.
    Personally if it were me I would tell him that unless he's gonna come arrest me to stop calling then file a complaint.
    Like it was said before you really cant be arrested for harrasment unless there is a witness.
    I would watch what you say to your ex-girl about the pics too, she could obiously tape a convo where you admit to having them and it can be used against you. Just deny everything.

Quote Originally Posted by spidernbutterfly
    like spywizard said, dont be a dick cuz u'll be a marked man by alll his bros. just tell him u have nothing to say. if he says he's coming over let him. he cant come in w/o a warrant or u invite him.
    Yeah, cops work that way... Don't they???

yep
    deny, deny, deny!
    Admit Nothing, Deny Everything & Make Counter Accusations!

toolman is offline Banned
    Give her the pictures, forget the money. Figure it as an expensive lesson. It will cost you more than $800 in inconvenience of cleaning the house, let alone legal fees if you piss the guy off. Despite what all these armchair lawyers are telling you, the police can make your life miserable especially if you are engaging in illegal activity such as AAS use. Your giurlfriend can swear out a warrant that she saw gear in your room and bingo, they can search.

Forget right or wrong, take the path of least resistance on this one and punt.

Moosepellet is offline Member
    Plead the fifth, don't tell him ****. Its as simple as that, I could have possible f**ked myself the other day. I got into a accident a couple of weeks ago, and had been driving a little intoxicated. Some dumb ass Asian dude hit his breaks, because he missed his turn and my forward momentum tapped his bumper. No dents, scratches, nothing. He told the police that I was drunk and they gave me the field test, passed one of them, then he had me walk in a straight line foot to foot. Sorry buddy, but I couldn't walk a straight line sobber, much less slightly intoxicated. My point being don't tell a cop anything it just makes matter worse. If he comes over and gives you **** file a police report against him. By the way what the hell did you do to have the cop messing with you to begin with?

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    Burn the pictures, write off the $800 as a loss...You wont have them to worry about anymore, AND your girl will still think they exist and for the rest of her life the b**** will have to worry that you'll make copies and show everyone she knows at some point, that sucks for her. Definately do not piss off the cops, I'm a marked man in my town, and its not fun.

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    first after reading your posts.

Your gf is a dumbass, she cannot get a search warrant for what, getting pictures of her?
    Now who owns the pic? YOU,thats your pic, do copy of the pics and send them to me

seriously, she building you a setup, you a student go see the student lawyer, and ask him to help you out and send her a nice lawyer letter, stipulating you want your money, bring her to court, will she claim the pics in front of a judge "sorry your honor, I was a slut that night and I want the pics of my tiny pussy" HELL NO.

Show her, who's has the big stick, tired of ****ing BS like that ****ing sluts thinking they own the world.

OH YEAH, you might send the pics to her parents as well too

Quote Originally Posted by 3Vandoo
    Daddys little girl, LOL!!!!!!

p0werlift is offline Banned
    this sounds fishy to me, why on earth would the law call you? i mean, to be totally honest, if never heard of the DEA/FBI/even POLICE giving anyone a phone call. if they have busniss with you, you will definitly know the second a unmarked car is parked on your property, or you get a visit at work. a phone call just seems 'un proffesional'. next time you speak to him, ask him who his supervisor is, stuff about his job, why he's calling you. deny everything ofcourse, but try and make convo talkin about his job, do some sort of investigating yourself.

it seems to me like you need to break the nose of her new boyfriend, but then again, if she had a MAN as a new boyfriend, he wouldnt call you like a little punk telling you he's gunna arrest you for PICTURES.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Vandoo
    This is classy. I should have thought of it first

guns626 is offline Associate Member
    Screw this, if you really want this situation resolved, if the cop calls, in a very civil tone, ask him his supervisors name. Tell him that you want to get this situation resolved but you are not sure that this is not just another one of your gf stunts. You do not have to get worked up. I mean use common sense bro, how high on the food chain do you think having someones pictures are? If the guy is a cop, then clean your house and go down to the police station and see what is required of you to get this behind you. This is the way a non-guilty, responsible adult would handle it and the kicker, with you appearing so rational, this will only further make your gf look like a fool. This will benifit you in case she has told them other things about your personal life. This, in my opinion is the best way to handle it. Good Luck and keep us posted

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Tell the cop that his scare tactics are not working, and to pound sand up his ass.

What a joke!

snowman is offline Senior Member
    hmm I see.. I know he's a cop because I called the station and asked for his badge number so I know he's not bluffing but all I wanna know is can he arrest me over nothing which sounds crazy to me. If he calls again, should I just hang up or what to say?
    How do you know, you were talking with the a cop ? i can call you , and give you the badge # of my friend, and i'm not a cop.... did you see this cop, or did he just call ? If he was to arrest you , he would by now.... if this was a real complaint he would have been knocking at you door to talk with you instead of calling.... who ever is calling, is just trying to scare you... if she realy wants the pictures, she would have to take you to small claims court, and she would have to prove, that she never give you the pictures, and you stole them.... if it was a gift to bad for her... actualy since she owes you money, i would do the same thing " i will give you the pictures, once i have my money".

Just my opinion.

flabbywussy is offline Senior Member
    i would trot my happy @ss down to the police station and ask if anyone has called your house and if not then you know it's your ex , and in case you didn't know impersonating a cop is a pretty big offense. your ex and that guy could get in a shiatload of trouble!

moregunsthanroses is offline Associate Member
    sounds like somones trying to mess with your head, next time he threatens u talk some **** back thats what i always do. watchout thou they might be watching ur ass

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    I think this is total bull****. Here's my question. When he called, did he give you a name? I would think a cop would. Do you have caller ID? So the first thing I would do is go down to the station and see if this cop exists. 2nd, If he was threatening you, I'd file a case against him because that is not professional. I just don't see why a cop would be calling you? I would think he would try to come by and talk with you??? Whatever the case, be polite, tell him you will come down to the station and BRING A LAWYER. Call his bluff. Finally the most important thing. DO NOT GIVE HER THE PICTURES BACK. Those pics are your only leverage on getting your $$$ back. Worst case scenario, Hide the pictures and tell the cop (if that is what he is asking) that you threw them out after you guys broke up. They have NO proof you have them. She is probably very scared that those pics will end up on the internet, so she is having a friend of hers try to scare you in giving them back. YOU HAVE THE UPPER HAND, DON'T GIVE IT UP!

creepS is offline Banned
    Hi!
    well Im soon to be a lawyer so let me try and help out.
    uve said he IS a cop? well police usually dont call people threatning they will come and bust them. i hope u have your legal representative? he cant arrest you without proper warrent which has to be signed by a judge.
    i still didnt get what did you do,whats he acusing you for? harassment? what kind,where?
    if he DOES call you,tell him whatever you want cuz he cant do nothing. i still belive someone is messing with you(you should talk to the dude when u call his station and see if its the same voice).
    if these phonecalls continue,sue him

absolutebob is offline Associate Member
    first off it is also against the law to lie to a cop so if it is a real cop do not lie tell them you have them that is not illegal. they are your pictures that she gave you permission to take. also i think this supposed cop is not really a cop because if a cop is questioning you and you ask for your lawyer they have no right to ask you anymore questions untill your lawyer is present. i would call his bluff and tell him to meet you down at the station. on the way their call his superior and tell him that you think this officer is harassing you and before you got your lawyer involved you wanted to see if this could all be resolved quickly and simply. a real cop would come to your house. also does your ex know about all your gear and stuff? if she does then i probably would clean house maybe look at getting a safe deposit box at a bank. also what type of harrasment is he claiming you are doing. having naked pictues of your ex is not harrasment. if you are calling her everyday asking for your money and she tells you not to call that is considered harrasment.

It is only against the law to make a false report, you do not have to tell a cop whatever he or she wants to hear.

not right

Quote Originally Posted by absolutebob
    first off it is also against the law to lie to a cop so if it is a real cop do not lie tell them you have them that is not illegal. they are your pictures that she gave you permission to take. also i think this supposed cop is not really a cop because if a cop is questioning you and you ask for your lawyer they have no right to ask you anymore questions untill your lawyer is present. i would call his bluff and tell him to meet you down at the station. on the way their call his superior and tell him that you think this officer is harassing you and before you got your lawyer involved you wanted to see if this could all be resolved quickly and simply. a real cop would come to your house. also does your ex know about all your gear and stuff? if she does then i probably would clean house maybe look at getting a safe deposit box at a bank. also what type of harrasment is he claiming you are doing. having naked pictues of your ex is not harrasment. if you are calling her everyday asking for your money and she tells you not to call that is considered harrasment.

If you have not been arrestd or not in custody, cops don't have to stop asking ? if you ask for a lawyer. both things have to be present, custody and ?ing in order to make ?ing an interrogation. otherwise it's just a ?

Also, I agree w/ bob, don't lie, if u give to many wrong stories u end up getting caught in a lie. U either did or did not do anyhting / do or don't have the pics.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information