zyklonb86d is offline New Member

How High Is Really High Bloodwork

I Just Finished A 6-week 75mg/day D-bol 400 Week Deca 500 Week Sust And Had To Get Bloodwork Done For My Job .
    Ast Reference Range 2-50 U/l Mine Was 95 H
    Alt " " 2-60 U/l Mine 82h
    Creatinine Ref Range .5-1.4mg/dl Mine 1.6 H
    I Expected High Liver Values (ast,alt) Are These Numbers Typical Of D-bol 75/mg/day X 6weeks. Also Creatinine (kidneys) Are A Little Out Of Range . Any Info Would Be Appreciated

thebrakes is offline Associate Member
    creatinine is elevated for most people whose protein intake is high. my mom on atkins has high creatinine.

those liver values are high but that's alot of dbol . 6 weeks @ 75mg is considerably more than i would do. did you use liver protectants while on? how long ago did you finish the cycle? and what PCT did you use? nolva is hepatoxic (mildly) but i'm not sure about clomid. if you just came off a couple days ago i wouldnt be concerned. if it's been weeks, then perhaps.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I will give you a quick run down of liver test and referance ranges. Doctors generally look at SGPT (ALT) results with referance ranges 2-60. SGOT (AST) reference ranges 10-41. GGT (liver specific and most important for BB) ref range 5-65. Other test include Creatine Kinase (when elevated can show signs of heart and brain damage-by fractioning the creatine Kinase in the lab you can find which tissue is causing the damage but this can be due to muscle trauma as well) Ref Range 55-170. It is important to understand that all these levels can be elevated due to tissue damage or muscle trauma (generally GGT is not making it an important indicator) which is quite common in people who lift weights. Also understand that just because values are high doesn't necessarily mean damage has occurred. Here is a study worth reading.

J Am Osteopath Assoc 2001 Jul;101(7):391-4

Evaluation of aminotransferase elevations in a bodybuilder using anabolic steroids : hepatitis or rhabdomyolysis?

Pertusi R, Dickerman RD, McConathy WJ.

Department of Medicine, University of North Texas Health Science Center, 3500 Camp Bowie Blvd, Fort Worth, TX 76107-2699, USA.

The use of anabolic steroids among competitive athletes, particularly bodybuilders, is widespread. Numerous reports have noted "hepatic" dysfunction secondary to anabolic steroid use based on elevated serum aminotransferase levels. The authors' objective was to assess whether primary care physicians accurately distinguish between anabolic steroid -induced hepatotoxicity and serum aminotransferase elevations that are secondary to acute rhabdomyolysis resulting from intense resistance training. Surveys were sent to physicians listed as practicing family medicine or sports medicine in the yellow pages of seven metropolitan areas. Physicians were asked to provide a differential diagnosis for a 28-year-old, anabolic steroid-using male bodybuilder with an abnormal serum chemistry profile. The blood chemistries showed elevated aspartate aminotransferase (AST), alanine aminotransferase (ALT), and creatine kinase (CK) levels, and normal gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT) levels. In the physician survey (n = 84 responses), 56% failed to mention muscle damage or muscle disease as a potential diagnosis, despite the markedly elevated CK level of the patient. Sixty-three percent indicated liver disease as their primary diagnosis despite normal GGT levels. Prior reports of anabolic steroid-induced hepatotoxicity that were based on aminotransferase elevations may have overstated the role of anabolic steroids. Correspondingly, the medical community may have been led to emphasize anabolic steroid-induced hepatotoxicity and disregard muscle damage when interpreting elevated aminotransferase levels. Therefore, when evaluating enzyme elevations in patients who use anabolic steroids, physicians should consider the CK and GGT levels as essential elements in distinguishing muscle damage from liver damage

Thread Information