Thread: Liver Damage

DoubleL is offline Junior Member

Liver Damage

Hey all. We all hear about how stuff such as winny, dbol , and even m1t are harsh as hell on our livers. How much of a difference are these effects when compared to someone drinkin' heavily? What would it take for there to be a real problem? Obviously, it would be different from case to case. Would running m1t for 3 months straight really drop your liver out your @ss? Would runnin' dbol for 10 weeks at 30 or 40 mg kill ya? How much will milk thistle, ALA, or liv52 really do to help ya? And no I'm not doin' these examples mentioned. I have heard from random people that a night of college binge drinking can be just as bad if not worse than a cycle of juice. These sources obviously weren't doctors. My curiousity brings me to the experts. What do you all think?

Well no one can really say which is worse, but look at it this way-When on a cycle you're putting stress on your liver everyday right. Most ppl don't drink heavily everyday of the week, so it's hard to compare. IMO drinking everyday for a month would be worse than a month of dbol , winny, m1t, etc.

You'd be suprised as to how many of my college friends drink heavily every day of the week. But ya, I see your point. Anyone have any medical input or evidence to compare juice and booze?

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    I personally wouldnt recomend someone take 50mg of D-bol for 10 weeks. I also wouldnt recomend binge drinking either. They are both harsh on your liver.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    here's the evidence for and against each.

We've all heard anecdotal stories where someone's taken too much dbol for too long and developed jaundice.

We've all heard anecdotal and maybe even personal stories where someone has drank too much for too long and developed cirrhosis.

The solution is quite simply moderation.

What exactly is jaundice?

Well, obviously they aren't good for your liver. But define harsh. It seems like everyone says its "harsh" on the liver, but has anyone pushed the norm? Gone beyond the recommended dosages/cycle time? I don't know if I recommend any of the examples I gave either but i'm sure people have pushed the envolope. What happened to them? Does it matter if you've used in the past or if you are a first time user?

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YounG_SluG11
    What exactly is jaundice?
    Jaundice is direct evidence of decreased liver function. Your skin/eyes/fingernails get a yellowish tint, indicating that your liver isn't processing dead blood cells as well as it should.

Ahhh, thanks bro.

Titan1 is offline Member
    its so exaggerated that 17aa is bad for liver

BDTR is offline Retired
    I've willfully pushed the limit on orals past anyone i know of, I'm still alive but my blood work wasn't very healthy stacking dbol at 100mg and anadrol at 200mg for 10 weeks. I was doing it to prove a point, taking more than 4 weeks of abombs is not going to cause your liver to rot out of your body. The liver is rather resilient, having the ability to heal itself up to a certain percentage of damage. Why do you think alcoholics live so long drinking EVERYDAY all day? Look at aids patient studies, weak, diseased people are giving HIGH doses of anadrol, their LBM increases while remaining fairly sedentary, yet their liver values barely dip into the dangerous levels. Var has been used to actually treat liver disease and I've heard of halo being given to small children with problems.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleL
    Well, obviously they aren't good for your liver. But define harsh. It seems like everyone says its "harsh" on the liver, but has anyone pushed the norm? Gone beyond the recommended dosages/cycle time? I don't know if I recommend any of the examples I gave either but i'm sure people have pushed the envolope. What happened to them? Does it matter if you've used in the past or if you are a first time user?

creepS is offline Banned
    id say drinking. eventho ppl use roids daily/weekly they can control it but drinking problem is something individual cant control,even if he/she wanted to.
    both thigs have bad sides,but with roids u get BIG and with alcohol ppl kill themselves

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I think people always miss the point of these warnings. I am sure there are people out there who can stay on orals year round for decades and be fine. There are also those who may run into problems with relatively short cycles. There is no one answer. We try to educate what most of us feel is a relatively safe amount for the average person to see little or no ill side effects. As you take more and get more bloodwork done you will be able to decide for yourself what you can and cannot do.

widowmaker2 is offline Senior Member
    good thread guys ..very impressed

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    during grad school, i would go out and drink large amounts of red bull and vodka at least six nights a week, after I graduated (3 years) I had some blood work done when I started a job and my AST levels in my liver were 171!! The other enzymes were fine, except for AST. Thats like 6 times above normal. I had blood work redone six months later since I was only occassionally having a drink, and they were back in the normal range

OldSchoolLifter is offline Junior Member
    Bdtr.... When you did that were you useing any liver protectants like Milk Thistle or ALA's?

From years of doing the juice with no knowldge and high mg oral cycles that I can't be at 100% in that area so now I don't chance it and take them whenever I put my liver in jeopardy from a cycle to going out and haveing a drink or two.

Wow. I started a thread that is "good". Thanks for the info guys. A few more questions......do you just get an appointment with your physician for bloodwork? And off of old school.....how necessary are the liver protectants?

BDTR is offline Retired
    I use milk thistle and ALA even when im not on orals.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolLifter
    Bdtr.... When you did that were you useing any liver protectants like Milk Thistle or ALA's?

From years of doing the juice with no knowldge and high mg oral cycles that I can't be at 100% in that area so now I don't chance it and take them whenever I put my liver in jeopardy from a cycle to going out and haveing a drink or two.

1-Cent is offline Anabolic Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    I've willfully pushed the limit on orals past anyone i know of, I'm still alive but my blood work wasn't very healthy stacking dbol at 100mg and anadrol at 200mg for 10 weeks. I was doing it to prove a point, taking more than 4 weeks of abombs is not going to cause your liver to rot out of your body. The liver is rather resilient, having the ability to heal itself up to a certain percentage of damage. Why do you think alcoholics live so long drinking EVERYDAY all day? Look at aids patient studies, weak, diseased people are giving HIGH doses of anadrol, their LBM increases while remaining fairly sedentary, yet their liver values barely dip into the dangerous levels. Var has been used to actually treat liver disease and I've heard of halo being given to small children with problems.
    Why is it almost everytime I read a post written by you my next cycle gets bigger

crowmobe is offline Junior Member
    iv drank 6 days a week for 3 months and it was at least a26 of whiskey a day if not more but i never did notice my liver ever hurting but agian u dont know till u go get tested. but if u watch for the signs for anything u should be alright on enything. I have had sore kidneys and it sucks u just end up quitting whatever your doing and some people do learn the really hard way after the cycle im on right now im defintaly going to get my values checked IMO

rager is offline Member
    I use milk thistle and ALA even when im not on orals.
    bro whats ALA.. late

Governor is offline Junior Member

jesus, how was your cholesterol after all that?

ALA = alpha lipioc acid

An easy way of answering questions like "what is ALA" is by simply using the search forums option. I've obtained more knowledge by simply looking for the question i have and seeing how it was answered in the past. Odds are you're going to get the same response. Hell, i've been on here for quite some time now and I haven't eclipsed 100 posts I don't think. If you just search stuff it keeps the board less cluttered and it also makes it easier for guys like me to search for specific info. Search.....try it on.
    Last edited by DoubleL; 02-14-2005 at 01:43 PM.

rager is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleL
    ALA = alpha lipioc acid

An easy way of answering questions like "what is ALA" is by simply using the search forums option. I've obtained more knowledge by simply looking for the question i have and seeing how it was answered in the past. Odds are you're going to get the same response. Hell, i've been on here for quite some time now and I haven't eclipsed 100 posts I don't think. If you just search stuff it keeps the board less cluttered and it also makes it easier for guys like me to search for specific info. Search.....try it on.
    bro dont answer the question than?

Thread Information