joevette is offline Banned

Boy my face is red

No literally, my face has become more red while on cycle. My mom has rosatia(sp?) so a little redness is genetic, but generally off cycle my face will only be red certain times. Like when I get out of the shower, or and drinking or working out.

Does anyone know what causes this and what could be done to prevent or lessen it?

XxElitexX is offline Senior Member
    thats interesting....bump

Diesel is offline Anabolic Member
    What's your cycle look like?

It could simply be your blood pressure. (which can be dangerous if it gets to high)

sexysrb is offline New Member
    ive never seen that ! whats ur gear?

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I'd second Diesel's post on BP......

tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    ya it sounds like ur bp is really high, ur running a lot of diff shlt arent u?

ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    I'm the same way bp is always high while on gear. It sucks. I monitor it but ya know what can you do I have some very mild bp meds but they aren't doing much for me either.

Yeah, I was thinking it could be bp. I have a bp monitor, but I need a bigger cuff for it. With the smaller cuff I'm in the safe range, but I don't know if that means anything. This week I've started taking 1g of Hawthorne Berry extract everyday, and I'm upping my water intake. Salt intake is always low, pretty much just what's in my frozen chicken and canned tuna. I should probably just go to cvs and have the bp tested while I'm waiting for the bigger cuff to arrive.

Cycle looks like this:
    1.4g Test prop
    700mg Tren ace
    500mg EQ
    40mcg IGF-1 LR3, 10ius slin pwo, 3mg PGF2-A 5x per day
    1.25mg Femera
    20mg Nolva

This is really the only side I'm getting from the cycle. I'm not experiencing any night sweats, acne, hair loss, rage, etc.

shrunkennutz116 is offline Associate Member
    it seems like the same thing happens to me at times towards the last 3-4 weeks of a 10 week cycle. i think by me drinking more water helps a little bit but im not sure if thats what its from. sometimes its somewhat red sometimes its not. i usualy only notice it at work maybe its just from the stress at work.

ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    I'm currently on tren a 75mg ed
    test e 750mg ew
    and eq 600mg ew about 5 weeks in and
    my blood pressure 1 minute ago was 126/72 which is extremely low for me??

Jinotropin is offline Banned
    its just flush more red blood cells everyone gets it unless your black

Jinotropin is offline Banned
    it will go away

Diesel is offline Anabolic Member
    You could be just flush but I would get the bp checked right away.

Your bp is not something to toy with.

GetinBig is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah bro check out your BP.

Thanks for the input bros. I'll get the bp checked, but say it's normal what else would cause a red face? It's somewhat red all the time, like even when I first wake up.

Quote Originally Posted by joevette
    Yeah, I was thinking it could be bp. I have a bp monitor, but I need a bigger cuff for it. With the smaller cuff I'm in the safe range, but I don't know if that means anything. This week I've started taking 1g of Hawthorne Berry extract everyday, and I'm upping my water intake.
    This is really the only side I'm getting from the cycle. I'm not experiencing any night sweats, acne, hair loss, rage, etc.

The small cuff and a normal reading is a plus...a smaller cuff will generally read high on a large arm..( i just had to order a larger cuff myself)..I'm using hawthorne berry, garlic, and Coenzyme Q-10 in addition to my script bp med....seems to be helping......
    On the other hand, didn't you just have a birthday yesterday??? Maybe you're on your way to being old......
    Last edited by almostgone; 02-12-2005 at 09:26 PM.

Crap....what about niacin intake???? Is it the same as usual?.....

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone
    The small cuff and a normal reading is a plus...a smaller cuff will generally read high on a large arm..( i just had to order a larger cuff myself)..I'm using hawthorne berry, garlic, and Coenzyme Q-10 in addition to my script bp med....seems to be helping......
    On the other hand, didn't you just have a birthday yesterday??? Maybe you're on your way to being old......
    Yeah, I figured a small cuff should lead to a higher bp. What kinds of foods have niacin, I haven't changed my diet any?

Yeah, I am an elderly 23, lol.

Yeah, I am an elderly 23, lol.
    Yeah, I saw it @ AM....

Some sources of niacin are:liver, meat, fish, poultry, peanuts, and enriched cereals....
    Last edited by almostgone; 02-12-2005 at 10:18 PM.

Yeah, I saw it @ AM....

Some sources of niacin are:liver, meat, fish, poultry, peanuts, and enriched cereals....
    I should be good for niacin, I eat 4 cans of tuna a day, more chicken than I can remember, and peanuts.

Didn't you just add this?:PGF2-A.....
    What is it?..(I know, I'm a dumb@ss... ).....Possible sides???....Just a thought...

I should be good for niacin, I eat 4 cans of tuna a day, more chicken than I can remember, and peanuts.
    Too much niacin can lead to flushing of the skin....

http://www.riversidecardiology.com/archive/07151999.htm

Didn't you just add this?:PGF2-A.....
    What is it?..(I know, I'm a dumb@ss... ).....Possible sides???....Just a thought...
    Yeah, I did but I've had the red face since the beginning of the cycle. PGF2-A is a prostalgland(sp?), a non-AAS growth agent (like how hgh and IGF-1 are not AAS but still grow muscle).

Yeah, I did but I've had the red face since the beginning of the cycle. PGF2-A is a prostalgland(sp?), a non-AAS growth agent (like how hgh and IGF-1 are not AAS but still grow muscle).
    Thanks, JoeV......Hey, did you ever figure out why that 1 vial of test kept crashing??? that was kinda weird....

Too much niacin can lead to flushing of the skin....

http://www.riversidecardiology.com/archive/07151999.htm
    That's interesting it says : "Remember that the use of niacin in high doses can cause serious side effects. The most common side effect from niacin is flushing of the skin. This reaction is well documented and is mediated by a substance called prostaglandin."

It says it's mediated by prostaglandin which is what PGF2-A is. I haven't noticed any change in the redness since I started the PGF2-A, though, and it's only active in your system for minutes. Maybe I'll try to eat less niacin and see what that does.

Thanks, JoeV......Hey, did you ever figure out why that 1 vial of test kept crashing??? that was kinda weird....
    No, I still don't know why it kept crashing, but I put .5% more ba in it and now it's holding fine.

That's interesting it says : "Remember that the use of niacin in high doses can cause serious side effects. The most common side effect from niacin is flushing of the skin. This reaction is well documented and is mediated by a substance called prostaglandin."

It says it's mediated by prostaglandin which is what PGF2-A is. I haven't noticed any change in the redness since I started the PGF2-A, though, and it's only active in your system for minutes. Maybe I'll try to eat less niacin and see what that does.
    Thought you'd like to see that.....it's kinda over my head, but the words looked real impressive.... ...Like to hear how it goes...Good Luck, JV....

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    No literally, my face has become more red while on cycle. My mom has rosatia(sp?) so a little redness is genetic, but generally off cycle my face will only be red certain times. Like when I get out of the shower, or and drinking or working out.

Does anyone know what causes this and what could be done to prevent or lessen it?
    Reddening or darkening of the skin is very common with gear. You also get thickening of the skin, older upper 30's and 40-somethings tend to get a younger appearance to face after a period of time with face reddening, then before too long wrinkles start to disappear. If you are staying real low dose with nolva or other anti-e's much of the face reddening is increased by increased IGF.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    Reddening or darkening of the skin is very common with gear. You also get thickening of the skin, older upper 30's and 40-somethings tend to get a younger appearance to face after a period of time with face reddening, then before too long wrinkles start to disappear. If you are staying real low dose with nolva or other anti-e's much of the face reddening is increased by increased IGF.
    That's interesting, I am on 40mcg of IGF-1 LR3 right now too. It sounds like almost everything I'm doing is contributing to a red face. If my bp is ok I guess I'll just ride it out.

Thread Information