cpa5oh is offline New Member

Quality of HRT clinic gear

I'm not asking about any HRT clinic in particular and I'm not asking for a source...I hope I'm not breaking any rules with this post.

About a month ago I spent about $200 to have blood work done with one of these online clinics that advertises in all of the magazines. Two days later I was told my testosterone was low and I could place an order. That low test reading is legit because my family doc told me I'm "low-normal."

But I'm wondering...these HRT clinics' products look like they come in an unmarked multi-use vial. Every product has "compounded" next to the name, which indicates to me that they are actually making these products themselves. They say on their site that they are a registered pharmacy...

Does anybody know what the quality of the products that these HRT clinics sell is like? As good as what you get when you buy non-UG lab products?

I got kinda spooked reading about abcesses and such on this board...that's the last thing I need...

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    ok.... this is very, very fishy. The online pharms are only allowed to provide real FDA approved medicine, Upjohn, etc. This is obviously not what you're getting.

pm me.
    Last edited by Dude-Man; 02-15-2005 at 12:05 PM.

I'm not sure what you mean by "fishy"...my post is fishy or the HRT clinic is fishy?

If I've broken a rule by all means delete this thread...I'm just asking what the quality of these clinics' gear in general is.

the clinic is almost definitely not legitimate. Pm me the details.

PM sent. Thank You.

znak is offline Senior Member
    I don't know what HRT clinic you are using, but I get my test from a HRT out of Florida. The stuff is compounded. Completely legit. The lab is labeled on the bottle.

You could PM me for a second opinion.

BigJohnE is offline Junior Member
    As long as it's a legit compounding pharmacy in the US, you're fine. All this means is that the pharmacy compounds the drugs themselves rather than getting them straight from the manufacturer already compounded. US pharmacies that do this are periodically audited by the FDA to make sure their practices are safe and labelling is correct.

I have used compounded products out of FL and AL with no issues.

Znack...PM sent.

BigJohn...thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by BigJohnE
    As long as it's a legit compounding pharmacy in the US, you're fine. All this means is that the pharmacy compounds the drugs themselves rather than getting them straight from the manufacturer already compounded. US pharmacies that do this are periodically audited by the FDA to make sure their practices are safe and labelling is correct.

I have used compounded products out of FL and AL with no issues.
    I did some research into this. Compounding pharmacies are governed by state legislature and essentially slip unnoticed through the FDA's fingers. Each state's indiviual health board is responsible for auditing these facilities, and in the states where the compounding pharms reside that supply for PowerMedica, (fl, al, co, tn) they are almost completely unregulated, so the quality could be great.. but it also could be ****e. These drugs are not technically approved by the fda but are given what is called "enforcative leniency" To be quite frank, with the fda restructure that's going on i don't know how much longer this will be in the border between legal and illegal.

compounding is usually used to get around allergies to fillers, to suspened something in a liquid instead of a pill, or semantics of this nature. Compounding pharmacies are not liscenced to supply their own generic versions of existing products, or products that aren't fda approved.

on the bright side, you can always just get human grade from these companies instead of going for the "compounded" products.
    Last edited by Dude-Man; 02-15-2005 at 01:52 PM.

Thanks for the heads up...the only thing this HRT place has that is a brand name is deca ...and it is $630 for 25ml (200mg/ml.)

So basically buying from these guys could be either legit or like ordering form someone who makes the **** in their house...life sucks.

No One Knows is offline Senior Member
    $630 for 25 ml of 200mg/ml deca ? Hahahahahahahaha!!!!

Yeah...seems pretty obvious to me that they don't intend to actually sell any of that, but to steer people towards their "compounded" stuff.

No One Knows is offline Senior Member
    Do yourself a favor and click the Oasis Rejuvanation banner.

I've read good things about them...

I looked at that site but it kinda looks like one of those "compounding" sites as well.

I filled out the information form so I guess someone will be in touch with me.

Thanks

Stackertoo is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by znak
    I don't know what HRT clinic you are using, but I get my test from a HRT out of Florida. The stuff is compounded. Completely legit. The lab is labeled on the bottle.

You could PM me for a second opinion.
    Yep.
    Labeled and good to go. For me anyway.

Power medica was raided today by the Dea. Looks like things happend a lot faster than i thought.
    Last edited by Dude-Man; 02-16-2005 at 12:15 AM.

Thread Information