Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    brabus55 is offline New Member

check out what jose canseco says in his book

ive always been a huge fan of his,so thats why i bought the books, anyways im almost done with the book,just thought it was intresting what he said,and what are your guys thoughts about it

"But the average baseball player shouldnt really be ashamed of his steroid use . Because the people who really abuse the steroids arent baseball players at all. Its the bodybuilders,football players and contenders in worlds-strongest man competitions who pushed things too far and given steroids a bad name. They're the ones who apparently believe that more is always better- when actually more is usually too much."

while i typed that out,my dam hands are shaking from clen ..haha

meso-rx is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brabus55
    ive always been a huge fan of his,so thats why i bought the books, anyways im almost done with the book,just thought it was intresting what he said,and what are your guys thoughts about it

"But the average baseball player shouldnt really be ashamed of his steroid use . Because the people who really abuse the steroids arent baseball players at all. Its the bodybuilders,football players and contenders in worlds-strongest man competitions who pushed things too far and given steroids a bad name. They're the ones who apparently believe that more is always better- when actually more is usually too much."

while i typed that out,my dam hands are shaking from clen..haha
    Well, one thing is for sure - bodybuilders will always be the scapegoats.

How many pro baseball players have been arrested for AAS?

How many pro bodybuilders have been arrested/indicted for AAS?

Enough said.

maxex is offline Member
    F*ck Jose!

meso-rx is offline Respected Member
    I have to confess that I purchased this book from amazon earlier this week. I'm not sure that I like supporting someone who is ratting other AAS users and trying to deflect attention to AAS by bodybuilders. The entire AAS in baseball scandal will have consequences for us all and it's good to know current events surrounding AAS.

There will be at least two more books on "AAS in baseball" published between now and baseball's opening day. At least one of the authors has contacted me to get "our side" of the story. I've hooked him up with people like Rick Collins, Bill Llewellyn and Author L Rea. So hopefully, it more fair and balanced than other books and news stories in the media.

BEEF is offline Associate Member
    what a punk! he had to make that money.

Stackertoo is offline Member
    Jose the Hoser. I think that HR that bounced off his head may have done more harm than we realize...

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    On the News today one reporter Quoted Jose saying " I wasnt the only one that was playing Baseball while HIGH on steroids "

Isnt the lamest thing you ever heard an admited steroid user say???

Nutz56 is offline Banned
    yeah, i used to love jose. but, it's one thing to admit to juicing for urself... but honestly, sell out all ur teammates and "friends" to make some money? what a pussy

Stackertoo is offline Member
    That is retarded. WOOOOOO!!! I'm high on the steeee-rods.

Quote Originally Posted by Anhydro78
    On the News today one reporter Quoted Jose saying " I wasnt the only one that was playing Baseball while HIGH on steroids "

Isnt the lamest thing you ever heard an admited steroid user say???

honestly in reading 3/4 of the book already,theres not much talk about roids all that much or what everyone thought the book was going to be about,he is a smart man,tricked alot of people and now hes cashing in

frankthetank41778 is offline Junior Member
    ive been a fan since him and big mac where the "bash brothers". no more. never should some one rat out that many people,or any for that reason. just like in the drug game, a beotch gets caught with a misdormenor and gets scared starts ratting everyone out. its a bad cycle and i think he should get rolled. jmho. no one likes a taddle tale.

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    Jose is a loon.

he also claimed that steriods will be proven to increase your life span in future years

joevette is offline Banned
    Come on guys, lets be realistic. No other athlete uses the ammount of drugs that bodybuilders and perhaps powerlifters/strong men do. Not just AAS and HGH but also slin, cutting agents like clen , T3, DNP , a wide variety of peptides and prostaglandins, as well as all the ancillaries. Not to mention the pain medications that many probodybuilders have to abuse just to go on. For most proffessional athletes there is no need to take half as many drugs as probodybuilders do. Keep in mind I'm talking about the big boys not just recreational bodybuilders like us.

joevette is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jantzen4k
    Jose is a loon.

he also claimed that steriods will be proven to increase your life span in future years
    Steroids do increase your life span, it's called hormone replacement therapy.

LoggedOut is offline Junior Member
    Does Canseco name any aas by name or is it just a general " i took steroids " type thing.... if not what do you suppose he and mcgwire were using?

redmeat is offline Senior Member
    It had to come out sooner or later. The public is extremely naive and it will only take something like this to make them realize the truth. Whether or not they're better off knowing the truth is another debate.

twiztidjuggalo74 is offline Associate Member
    yea but how many professional athlestes are addicted to vicodin and cortizone shots and the big one COCAINE

hawkeye1877 is offline Associate Member
    it is the baseball players who give steroids a bad name, cause they area always bringing it out and saying only the psycho players do it, and are saying how these guys are ruining their bodies, when in most cases its the coke and the other **** they do combined with the juice.

Quote Originally Posted by LoggedOut
    Does Canseco name any aas by name or is it just a general " i took steroids" type thing.... if not what do you suppose he and mcgwire were using?

ya he names deca ,winstrol ,test,anavar and a few others..o ya..GH alot too..he just says what most guys take and what he started out taking at first..deca..other than that..doesnt really go in depth what does what or anything,i thought there would be more guys hed rat out on,but it was all the guys we all heard on the news..he suspects a few others like miguel tajeda(which i personally think he did use steroids )

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jantzen4k
    Jose is a loon.

This is true to a certain extent a theraputic dose of hormones while aging slows the "decay" a little bit. Why do you think a good portion of aging women and men turning 40 are taking testosterone ,nandrolone , Estrogen. Estrodiol. HGH therapy will dramatically hault the aging process.

The reason people start to die is because their secretion glands dramaticly decline secretion as the person gets older.

If one was to take a very low dose ( 200-250mg) none stop for HRT alone with a 1iu of HGH e/d they would look young for a very long time

male or female hormones and HGH is what they say is gonna bethe fountain of youth

hobbitlifter is offline Junior Member
    JOSE' can kiss my A**. He is just trying to get himself out of trouble for using them in my opinion. He is blaming everyone else b/c he didn't have as much success and Barry Bonds or Mark McGwire together. He's just jealous.

ya he names deca,winstrol,test,anavar and a few others..o ya..GH alot too..he just says what most guys take and what he started out taking at first..deca..other than that..doesnt really go in depth what does what or anything,i thought there would be more guys hed rat out on,but it was all the guys we all heard on the news..he suspects a few others like miguel tajeda(which i personally think he did use steroids)
    Miguel Tajeda is the man. Why do you think he used?

1819 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by redmeat
    It had to come out sooner or later. The public is extremely naive and it will only take something like this to make them realize the truth. Whether or not they're better off knowing the truth is another debate.
    i agree, this is just somethin for the media to feast on. if a couple of big name athletes would just come out and say "yea we all use, whats the big deal? next question." it would all be over. i made a living as an athlete and no one cared if i had to take cortisone or lidocaine or anything else to make sure i was there for their pleasure. god forbid i was on "steroids " oh hell no. and as far as the public knowing the truth. if more of them could go to sites like this and do a little research for themselves maybe they would realize that we are talking about enhancing our performance and bettering ourselves. in many cases not out of vanity but neccessety. spelled that wrong, anyway, the same people pointing the finger are the same ones whos wives have fake tits, sit in the sun with no sunsreen, smoke 3 packs a day and pop pills to go to sleep. thats all fine i guess. oh and by the way if there so mad at guys like mcguire for juicing, how bout they give back the ball that they paid a million bucks for. i mean why would you want something that came from a tainted athlete? sorry guys just venting.

rager is offline Member
    [QUOTE=brabus55]honestly in reading 3/4 of the book already,theres not much talk about roids all that much or what everyone thought the book was going to be about,he is a smart man,tricked alot of people and now hes cashing in[/QUOTE

I know... I wantd to hear more dirt on names, cycles... the good ****.

BIGGEST J is offline Associate Member

while i typed that out,my dam hands are shaking from clen..haha

different goals,different needs......

BDTR is offline Retired
    He's an idiot, plain and simple. He sure is capitalizing on this whole situation though and adding to the mayhem, lets hope he gets his by a bus.

i think tejada is on roids just cuz look how big he got in a year,his rookie season,he was skinny as hell,than 4 months later come spring training,freakin ripped,i still dont think steroids is considered cheating in baseball..heres what i think,i think there are at least 5-10 guys on a team using steroids,i dont think it makes everyone as effective as canseco or bonds was,no way i could go into detail,but im sure you get what im saying,not everyone benefits the way those guys did and ya i also thought there was gonna more dirt on players and what cycles and all that,but none of that,two thumbs up for canseco for making all that $$$$..

maxex is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joevette
    Come on guys, lets be realistic. No other athlete uses the ammount of drugs that bodybuilders and perhaps powerlifters/strong men do. Not just AAS and HGH but also slin, cutting agents like clen, T3, DNP, a wide variety of peptides and prostaglandins, as well as all the ancillaries. Not to mention the pain medications that many probodybuilders have to abuse just to go on. For most proffessional athletes there is no need to take half as many drugs as probodybuilders do. Keep in mind I'm talking about the big boys not just recreational bodybuilders like us.
    You thnk pro athletes dont take as many drugs as bodybuilders? They sure do, painkillers are pobably one of the most widley used substances in any pro sport, may even be more widley used than alcohol.

cpa5oh is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbitlifter
    JOSE' can kiss my A**. He is just trying to get himself out of trouble for using them in my opinion. He is blaming everyone else b/c he didn't have as much success and Barry Bonds or Mark McGwire together. He's just jealous.
    No doubt you haven't read the book...Jose isn't "blaming" anything on anyone. He's taking all of the responsibility for using steroids himself...and after the first half of the book, I'm almost under the impression that he's saying he wouldn't have been much more than a minor league ballplayer without steroids. It's almost like he's paying tribute to steroids in this book...like he's trying to get the mainstream to quit talking stupid **** about steroids. Problem is I don't hear any of that being reported...all I'm hearing about is the finger-pointing.

Right in the beginning of the book he makes it clear what his position on steroids is...he thinks everyone can benefit from their use and he doesn't regret using them at all. He (I can't remember the exact wording) calls steroid use "the future" and talks about how it can improve people's quality of life.

I don't know what I think of him, honestly, because the finger-pointing doesn't sit right, but I'll tell you I'm **** tired of hearing pro athletes get on TV and say "don't use steroids , they won't help you that much and they'll eventually kill you" when they're using themselves. And I'm tired of hearing about some poor bastard blue-collar guy getting arrested for using steroids to gain a few pounds of muscle or look better while professional athletes get "baseball suspensions" when they test positive.

evergain26 is offline Junior Member
    Jose can kiss my @$$. He's a f**kin rat who sold out all of his friends and teamates. If it wasnt for steriods he wouldnt of done s***.

evergain26 is offline Junior Member
    Cpa5oh, It is the fact that he named the names of those people that he was close to and that angers myself and many others. Just because he chose to sell himself out does not give him the justification to knark all of those others who have or have not used aas. His comments not only hurt those pointed out in his book, they also hurt every major league ball player and take away from the game itself.

littleguns is offline Associate Member
    that just goes to show that baseball players not only play the most retarded biased game, but they are also extremely stupid thinking that all the other sports abuse roids and they don't.

Hed
    Hed is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by littleguns
    that just goes to show that baseball players not only play the most retarded biased game, but they are also extremely stupid thinking that all the other sports abuse roids and they don't.

I can definately be absolutely confident in telling you that friggin baseball isnt the huge performance drug sport. Football.

Baseball players do not have to be anywhere near the size/muscle of football players, hockey players, etc. I think the sport that LEAST would be likely to have players use AAS is basketball, followed closely by baseball. He's making it seem that baseball pioneered all AAS use in sports. Sorry buddy, football's got you beat by a loooooooooooooong shot.

I respect some things he said, and dislike some things.

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    Canseco is a wife beating faggot. He sold out to make a quick buck.

Hed- your right basketball is the least likely because those guys really just need to be athletic not big. I dont find baseball to really require much athleticism. Most the guys i see today hitting home runs have no mobility but have ball crushing batspeed. like manny ramirez, he is a fat ass with gigantic arms.

Thegr8One is offline Senior Member

Thumbs down

jose Hitler what what a loser

big daddy k de is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maxex
    F*ck Jose!
    i second that

nate3422 is offline Member
    jose is a fu**en idiot

needle is offline Senior Member
    Jose is a little rat trying to make a buck after his ass got cut from the LA in spring training! IS he even playing anymore? IF I was one of those accused I would take his ass to court in heart beat!!!

moregunsthanroses is offline Associate Member
    jose is a rat and no one likes that. but at least he has the balls to tell the truth about the widespread steroid use among professional altheletes. come on guys the public deserves to hear the truth about steroids . i knew all those guys were juicin a few years back just took me 2 seconds to look at how big they are.

i think basketball players are the least likely to use roids as stated before. look at how high these guys can jump thats pretty crazy go back 20 years and there isnt anyone who can jump as high as they do now. just look at how many highlight reels there are of crazy drunks. maybe its just harder and more effictive training but you never know

j.r.w. is offline Associate Member
    Jose Canseco is an honorable, respectable man. And Mark McGuire and Barry Bonds are all natural. Was there ever any doubt about McGuire and Bonds. Anyone who has seen their rookie cards compared to now.....duh. They all need to throw Canseco a blanket party for being a snitch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information