Oceans7 is offline Junior Member

Is Halotestin horrible on side effects?

My buddy dropped off some stenox the other day and told me to add it in with my cycles. According to the front of this site, this is the 3rd worst AS there is as far as side effects go. But I've been told by vets in other threads that the front of this board is old and outdated. Is the Halo bad stuff?

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    It is potentially so...

Then again...toxicity is relative..and for the most part over-rated

For years Halo was given to women as a long-term treatment for cancer.

These women were on for months.. with no yellowing of the skin (an indicator of jaundice)..so go figure

Thrower74 is offline Member
    It's toxic but no-more so than say anadrol . If kept @ a moderate dose ( 15-30mg/day ) for no more than 4 weeks you will be fine.

redmeat is offline Senior Member
    My blood pressure shoots way up on halo. The strength gains are pretty good though. Not as good as with anadrol or tren though.

RussianVodka is offline Senior Member
    I had no terrible side effects. My blood pressure was little high, but had no problems with liver or anything else.

Recommended to stay on Halo for NO more than 4 weeks and sides should not be a problem.

BDTR is offline Retired
    it's also been used to TREAT liver disease. Go figure!

The sides aren't bad, a little aggresion and the BP of course goes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    It is potentially so...

Then again...toxicity is relative..and for the most part over-rated

For years Halo was given to women as a long-term treatment for cancer.

These women were on for months.. with no yellowing of the skin (an indicator of jaundice)..so go figure

Jackson111 is offline Banned
    I think one of the keys is using certain steroids non stop. All this talk about liver and kidney this and that, I think its all a bunch of BS.

Elevated liver enzyme counts doesn't mean there is damage being done to the liver. Drinking beer is VERY toxic to the liver, but if your liver is going to give out from it, it will give out. Most people can drink like a fish and still function till the day they die. You can take high dosages of steroids long term and still function perfectly fine. Yes it does damage to your liver, but does it effect your life or your lifespan? NO.

Any steroid used to help patients with liver problems can probably be used for 6 months straight, and improve the health of your liver if anything.

Most this stuff is totally undocumented. Alchohal is supposed to be HORRIBLY TOXIC for your liver. I know guys who have been slamming a 12 pack 5 days a week for 20 years and they have had no problems. I don't know what you would equate that to as far as steroid dosages but I would say that taking 5,000 mg per week of testosterone would not be half as hard on your liver as that is.

***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    oh really...beer is toxic...this is getting funny. and your comparison is bs. 5g of test will effect your liver function, not to talk of your endocrine system, your blood pressure, your heart tec. p.p. pls don t state crude stuff like that without a proof.

kaorialfred is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Oceans7
    My buddy dropped off some stenox the other day and told me to add it in with my cycles. According to the front of this site, this is the 3rd worst AS there is as far as side effects go. But I've been told by vets in other threads that the front of this board is old and outdated. Is the Halo bad stuff?

I ran halo for an extended period of time and at a high dose. It wasn't that bad. Yet my cranberry extract might have helped the old kidney out dealing with it. I took Milk Thistle too. I ran it for 10 weeks at 50 mg, 2cc of test and enjoyed the ride last year. I am going to wait another year before I touch it again. Just to give my bod a break.

intensity101 is offline New Member
    Halo made me VERY aggressive,and no it wasnt just "In my head" It was very noticable

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kaorialfred
    I ran it for 10 weeks at 50 mg, 2cc of test and enjoyed the ride last year.
    *jaw hits floor*

are you kidding? if not, did you notice any sides (besides irritability)?

Quote Originally Posted by John Stamos' Nephew
    *jaw hits floor*

are you kidding? if not, did you notice any sides (besides irritability)?

No, no sides at all. I was also training harder to see if the old strenght increase was there. No much but hey it did make me hard as a rock. I even got complimented alot on my arms and shoulders.

fukkenshredded is offline New Member
    A little science to go along with the opinions...

The reason why Halotestin is so hard on the body (especially the liver) is because it has three chemical bonds to break down before the steroid becomes biologically active. These are: a 17-a methyl group, a 9-a fluorine, and a 11-OH group.

The chemical name for fluoxymesterone is androst-4-en-3-one, 9-fluoro11,17-dihydroxy-1,7-methyl-,(11b,7b)-. We see from the name all of the bonds -- that it has 17A methyl (17 alpha alkylated), which is toxic in and of itself, and usually the only bond ever discussed with regard to oral steroids (injectable winstrol is so alkylated).

But halo also contains 9 - alpha fluorine ( fluorine is used to protect substances from breaking down before they can be utilized by the body; sodium flouride is an example). This bond is also very toxic.

Then there is still the 11-Hydroxyl group to deal with, which must be enzymatically reduced to the corresponding 11-hydroxy derivative before becoming biologically active. This reaction is carried out by a distinct 11-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase isozyme in the liver that operates in a reductive mode.

This process alone is very toxic to both the liver and the kidneys.

Yeah, its toxic.

One study with Anadrol found decreased glutathione production in hepatocytes that stanozolol did not cause (Welder AA, et al., J Pharmacol Toxicol Methods 33(4)187-95 1995 Aug)

Stanazolol ,Oxandrolone and Dianabol all have two chemical bonds to break, but stanozolol is the harshest of these because of the hygroscopic effect it has on the organism. Dehydration is the single most dangerous state a body can be in, all else being equal, not to mention that stanozolol also increases body temp, adding that much more stress.

Halotestin os so named because it contains the halogen of flourine, the 'gen' being replaced with 'testin' for the testosterone derivativation, I believe.
    So in order:
    Halotestin, Winstrol, D-ball, Oxandrolone, for the above reasons.
    BTW, halotestin's andronergic activity is increased 10 times and anabolic activity increased 20 times over that of 17-a methyl testosterone.

FS

slacker is offline Associate Member
    ya when i was taking halo at 30mg/ed i had some serious aggression.. it was noticeable. sure could lift the weights tho.

I did get my levels tested and they were out of range. I have been waiting for them to go back down. I have some anavar left and halo scripts that have refils on them, I was going to wait, but hell. I don't want the scripts to expire on me. I just buy and store em.

Thread Information