freak79 is offline New Member

Why not proviron?

What's up? I've read loads of posts about anti-e drugs and which ones are best to use for gyno and water retention and Proviron is hardly ever mentioned/recommended. I'm just wondering why? From the steroid profile on AR and talking to a few people down the gym it seems like a really powerful anti-e relative to Nolva or letro...

Any particular reason why it's not recommended as much as the other anti -e?

Cheers
    Freak79

***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    it s believed that it is just blocking receptors, not inhibit aromatase itself. problem is that it is not only blocking estrogen but also test.

superchump is offline Junior Member
    listen. just use 2-3 tabs a day for a few weeks and see for yourself. proviron works to make you harder leaner however it does it who cares

ceasar250 is offline Associate Member
    Not to mention massive boners!

Schwarz is offline Member
    I've been wondering this too....so bump it!!

Any idea from the vets here??

rodge is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by ***xxx***
    it s believed that it is just blocking receptors, not inhibit aromatase itself. problem is that it is not only blocking estrogen but also test.

i thought it actually helped with keepin test longer unbound(free test) thought this was a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    Never heard that it blocks test. From what I knwo its the opposit acctualy, it releases test from shbg and enables you to use less test with the same results. Atleast thats what I have read everywhere and for me it seems to make test more effective. I love proviron, only downside to me is cost and aviability.

thats what i meant

swedes is offline Associate Member
    It make you feel hard and it makes you hard-the only reason I am not trying it is because I've read that it can be bad if you are prone to MPB

***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    nope! that s an old myth...search for those studies...proviron concurs with testo and doesn t work as an anti e...I l lwrite more when I m off work...

Placebo-controlled trial of high-dose Mesterolone treatment of idopathic male infertility; Gerris, Peeters, Comhaire, Schoonjans, Hellemans; 1991 ** The effect of Mesterolone administration to normal men on the pituitary-testicular function; Aakvag, Stromme; 1974 *** The effect of mesterolone on sperm count, on serum follicle stimulating hormone, luteinizing hormone, plasma testosterone and outcome in idiopathic oligospermic men; Varma, Patel; 1988

soo2bhuge is offline Senior Member
    bump! i want to know more about proviron as well. was gonna take it with my next cycle. i thought it's supposed to keep the water off and keep u hard? am i wrong?

BassMuscle is offline Associate Member
    I think that people don't use Proviron because of cost. It's very expensive.

I pay like $ 10.00 USD for 10 25mg tablets here in Tijuana.

BassMuscle

well, i can definitely beat that price. but is it effective?

zuke is offline Member
    i'm taking it right now, but i am on so much stuff that i can't tell ya what's doing what... definately makes mr. willy stand up tho

Quote Originally Posted by zuke
    i'm taking it right now, but i am on so much stuff that i can't tell ya what's doing what... definately makes mr. willy stand up tho
    lol. do u notice that u're holding less water???

that's good to know. cause i do get bloated and i was planning on running proviron with my next test cycle.

zuke is offline Member
    yeah, i am jumpstarting the cycle with dbol and am not getting near as much bloat

XxElitexX is offline Senior Member
    I read an article in the new MuscleMag and it has a big article on Proviron and Clomid and how Proviron is better. Might wanna check it out

zuke is offline Member
    can anyone post the article or a link to it... i hate paying for mags...

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    I've been taking Proviron at only 1/2 a 25mg tab/day in place of LDex on the second half of an 11 week 800mg/wk test cycle. I originally went the whole tab but I didn't like the way I felt on it.

Since it's essentially synthetic DHT I assume it's gonna be as hard on the prostate and hairline as DHT is, so that may be a concern. That's a great PubMed abstract on it above.

zuke is offline Member
    i don't have a hairline.... so no worries here

zuke is offline Member

Talking

well, unless you count the one below the belt

bump would like to know about it

superchump is offline Junior Member
    ive been using proviron on/off for a few months now. not sure if its the potent androgen or the anti e effect or what but i look harder on it without changing anything else. was using some test with it and dieting sorta. if you dont overeat definately youll notice positive results. i used 100mg a day at a point but 75 is probably enough

Thegr8One is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by soo2bhuge
    well, i can definitely beat that price. but is it effective?
    **** bro the cheapest i can get it for is $25 for 20 must be nice guess i'll be shoppin around more lol

Steve is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ***xxx***

Can someone tell me if this is true as i am due to take proviron with my next cycle. Ive heard that it competes with testosterone but also heard it makes it more potent. What is the deal?? I hate it when you get told two different things. I dont want to take somethin that will hinder any gains

Big Bapper is offline Member
    I belive it does not block receptors but lowers shbg giving you more free test in the blood. I started using proviron with my last cycle and will run it with every cycle from now on. It also gives me a harder look to my muscles.

Seajackal is offline Anabolic Member
    I read somewhere that it prevents aromataze and nolva stacked with it will block
    the strogen receptors this combo will keep you from geting gyno, in my case proviron
    did the work alone I was starting getting some and days I started taking proviron it
    subsided besides it kept me from getting bloat from A-50/Deca /test enan, good stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by johnsomebody
    I've been taking Proviron at only 1/2 a 25mg tab/day in place of LDex on the second half of an 11 week 800mg/wk test cycle. I originally went the whole tab but I didn't like the way I felt on it.

Since it's essentially synthetic DHT I assume it's gonna be as hard on the prostate and hairline as DHT is, so that may be a concern. That's a great PubMed abstract on it above.

Now we've sorted the issue of whether Proviron helps or hinders test levels has anyone experienced a receding hairline or prostate probelms while on Proviron?

zuke is offline Member
    i've been bald for a few years

Quote Originally Posted by zuke
    i've been bald for a few years

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    Yupp I lose hair like crasy when taking proviron

Either of you guys thought about or actually used Finesteride (sp?) to deal with this?

Thanks
    S

Thread Information