AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires

Dbol Chemical name?

I've always thought the chemical name for Dbol is methandrostenolone but on British Dragon's website their "Methanabol" chemical name is listed as Methandienone.

It is methandrostenolone . They're both the same thing.

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    that's their product name, like british dispensary calls their ANABOL. But yes it's methandrostenolone .

Well I'm confused because the product name is Methanabol but the actual "chemical name" is listed as Methandienone and the chemical abstract name is 17beta-Hydroxy-17alpha-methylandrosta-1,4-dien-3-one

Dunno if thats the same as dbol or not.

needle is offline Senior Member
    I think different companies thro out different chemical names! Obviously there all dbol tho! Pet Pharma has a weird one too.

Chemical names shouldn't change though... thats the scientific aspect of it. For example, Tamoxifen citrate is nolvadex ... they can call it whatever they want but the chemical name is still tamoxifen citrate, it has to do with the structure of it.

Maybe its cuz BD is based in europe and they spell things differently over there? Chemical names might differ as well.

Maybe a mod could move this over to the Lab for me? Might get a little more traffic from the intended audience.

arxg is offline Junior Member
    i think the usp (united states pharmaceutical guide) spells it as methandrostenolone but the BP (british pharma guide) spells it as methandieone , all the d-bols i have seen originate from europe (naps,bionabol ,etc) all say methandieone must be the same thing different spelling

Thread Information