BIGSNOR is offline Associate Member

Re-using old syringe with new needle

Hey, i just ****ed up and ordered a whole box of needles only, and no syringes. Can I use an old syringe and just change the needles? or do you think the old gear with crust up inside of the syringe and do somethin bad? lemme know what u think.

dive_kid is offline Anabolic Member
    I would never reuse anything. good way to get an infection.
    they are cheap, just order more. you can never have to many

fitnessguy is offline Anabolic Member
    it's more sterile to use different ones but i know many that use the same barrel.
    winni and other water based compounds will "crust up" i do believe

well i only have one left, and im doin ED prop shots and Test e and eq shots on monday, thursday, can i use this one until i get some new ones in?

Quote Originally Posted by BIGSNOR
    well i only have one left, and im doin ED prop shots and Test e and eq shots on monday, thursday, can i use this one until i get some new ones in?
    yeah it should be fine. order some tonight and they should be there in 2-3 days from ***

iin my opinion it is a roll of the dice. ya might be ok or not, but an infection is something you dont want. I got one and wound up in the er getting about
    6oz of rotten s--t sucked out of my leg.

Quote Originally Posted by dive_kid
    iin my opinion it is a roll of the dice. ya might be ok or not, but an infection is something you dont want. I got one and wound up in the er getting about
    OUCH!!

CARNIVORE is offline Associate Member
    Is it worth $10 bucks bro?

Juice Lee is offline Junior Member
    I must confess...i re-uses needles and syringes all the time i only change the inject needle after it starts getting dull and hurts during injection.( usually around the 5th or 6th time). After each use i always just put some rubbing alchohol in the syringe and shake it around then squirt it out..then reuse it again....ive never got an infection. I do this because i think its just a waste to throw needles and syringes away after using them only once or twice. The rubbing alchohol will make it all sterile.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice Lee
    The rubbing alchohol will make it all sterile.
    from what I know alchohol is not enough. the only way to make something
    sterile is with long exposure to extreme heat. for instance, a friend of mine owns a body peircing shop. they use syringe needles to peirce with. he cuts the plastic end off and grinds it down, then it goes in to an ultrasonic cleaner to shake off all the loose parts. then in to a sterial package and in to a pressure cooker for about 2 hours. I never reused a needel or syringe and am very clean and I still got a very bad infection that required a lot of work and meds to fix. is anyones health worth the 10cents?

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Nuts

I must confess...i re-uses needles and syringes all the time i only change the inject needle after it starts getting dull and hurts during injection.( usually around the 5th or 6th time). After each use i always just put some rubbing alchohol in the syringe and shake it around then squirt it out..then reuse it again....ive never got an infection. I do this because i think its just a waste to throw needles and syringes away after using them only once or twice. The rubbing alchohol will make it all sterile.

newbrew is offline Senior Member
    Just wash the barrel. Throw it in some super hot water to sterilize it. Maybe use a sterile solution if you have any. Dont see why that would be a problem.

I dont think this is 'ideal', but under the correct circumstances I personally believe its 'ok'. It is somewhat a roll of the dice, but if you are at least making an attempt to sterilize it.....

Still have to agree with the cost of a pin, they are super super cheap to warrant not doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by newbrew
    Just wash the barrel. Throw it in some super hot water to sterilize it. Maybe use a sterile solution if you have any. Dont see why that would be a problem.
    why not just buy some freakin new ones? it's not gold we're buying, they're CHEAP, DISPOSABLE needles!

magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    loll this advice is pretty much asinine... NEWBIES DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS ADVICE.. just buy some new ones... alcohol does not sterilize from what i gather mearly washes aways dirt the only way to sterile is to wash and area with iodine (i think, you know the brown one they rub on you when drawing blood) and i don;t think this works on needles... baking is no good either so don;t even get the idea to do that... at about 25 cents a piece it's totally worth it to buy some new ones

p0werlift is offline Banned

crackhead

thewallop is offline Associate Member
    i dont understand why the hell people would wanna re-use that **** , syringes and pins are so **** cheap , i buy em from the farmacy here in canada 100 pinds and needles with 102 swabs for 20 $ , u cant beat that , an infection would cost u more then 20 $ so why not jsut buy the new stuff and toss it after used once , comon now

Muscleone is offline Associate Member

pins

Bump...

I would never reuse anything. good way to get an infection.
    they are cheap, just order more. you can never have to many

Quote Originally Posted by fitnessguy
    why not just buy some freakin new ones? it's not gold we're buying, they're CHEAP, DISPOSABLE needles!
    I think he is speaking of being in a rut where he doesnt have the option of using a new syringe at this exact moment

Quote Originally Posted by newbrew
    I think he is speaking of being in a rut where he doesnt have the option of using a new syringe at this exact moment
    i was reffering to newbrew
    hence i quoted him
    oh this is you. i was reffering to you but you posted right after i did saying you don't condone this or something. it just sounded like you were saying it was ok to wash and reuse. i would hate for others new to the game to think it was ok. ya know?
    Last edited by fitnessguy; 02-17-2005 at 08:47 PM.

FRANk THe TANk is offline Associate Member
    ya just go to any pharmacy, cvs, eckards, whatever even if u only get a handful to tide u over till ur other stuff comes in the mail

Rabduce is offline Associate Member
    bump

Quote Originally Posted by magicstick2003
    loll this advice is pretty much asinine... NEWBIES DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS ADVICE.. just buy some new ones... alcohol does not sterilize from what i gather mearly washes aways dirt the only way to sterile is to wash and area with iodine (i think, you know the brown one they rub on you when drawing blood) and i don;t think this works on needles... baking is no good either so don;t even get the idea to do that... at about 25 cents a piece it's totally worth it to buy some new ones

alcohol will not sterilize it. alcohol is an antiseptic and will destroy pathogens on the surface of what you are cleaning, preventing infection. It prevents infection that would have resulted from a dirty needle. Even your so called 'sterile vial' is not technically sterile after you stick an exposed needle into it and inject air to pressurize it before withdraw.

However, with that said, you have more or less succeeded in cleaning the outside of the needle, but what about the inside??

Even then, I dont believe alcohol kills all germs.

A safer method would be to clean it with anti-bacterial soap, or something of the likes, and then finish it off with the swab. but all this to save like 20 cents?
    Last edited by newbrew; 02-17-2005 at 08:51 PM.

I did it once and was ok. I wouldnt recommend it but I did it and ever since Ive learned to make sure I have everything I need for my cycle before I start.

Dozerd is offline Junior Member
    If you live in Cali and a few other states you cant buy pins over the counter you need a script you might try a feed and supply and say its for your horse.

Thegr8One is offline Senior Member

Exclamation dont re-use a thing

bro don't re use a thing i have been doing body piercing and worked in the tattoo business for quite a few years as with gear administration you use a needle and i have been through infectious waste classes all of wich have tought me it's cheaper to buy more pins and barrels than to pay the emerg room fee and associated possible complications

Stackertoo is offline Member
    Rather than reuse, I would skip a stick or 3 until my box arrived f/ getpinz. Most places are quick. I'd rather have a 3-day fluctuation than a nasty-ass abcess.

Hell, go to a feed store. I used to get sterile 22 guage 1" all the **** time. That'll get you by until the others arrive.
    Edit: What Dozer said.

nitro_fusion is offline Associate Member
    I think as long as its only you using the syringe it would be ok to use the barrel again if you change the needle. But better yet just go to get some new ones.
    peace bro

pyschomab is offline Associate Member
    well i have used and reused needles and tips though i will never do it agian !!!! i think replacing the needle is ok cuase i did a whole cycle like that and i was fine i did wash the syringe out with water but eh who knows its probably not that safe just get some more pins their so easy to get and take like 3 days to come!

Juice Lee is offline Junior Member
    As far as advice to nebies is concerned. I agree with you guys..JUST BUY NEW NEEDLES AND SYRINGES they are cheap and so why not. I just live in a state that you cant just go into a pharmacy an buy syringes without a prescription. Plus i live in an environment where i cant leave needles lying around and i have before (cause im careless) and drama ensued because of it. So i just get a small amount of needles and stash one in the bathroom and just clean it before and after i use it. Alchohol may not kill all the germs...but it says that it kills %98 of germs right on the bottle. But i recommend everyone to just use new ones everytime. Im just in a situation where i do what i hafta do.

mule1983 is offline Associate Member
    IMHO reusing anything i am sticking into my muscles is insane!

mule1983 is offline Associate Member
    i live in an environment where i cant leave needles lying around and i have before (cause im careless) and drama ensued because of it. So i just get a small amount of needles and stash one in the bathroom and just clean it before and after i use it. Alchohol may not kill all the germs...but it says that it kills %98 of germs right on the bottle. But i recommend everyone to just use new ones everytime. Im just in a situation where i do what i hafta do.
    wow man its not like i shoot my juice while i watch TV its in my room in a drawer with everything i need including a sharps box for the needles.

LoggedOut is offline Junior Member
    That does not sound fun... how did the er respond to your admission of aas?

well no **** i was gonna buy new needles and syringes, all i wanted to know was if i'd be alright to use this Single syringe and new needles till my new stuff came in. felt like a newb for a second. thanks for all the replies though. later

alevok Guest
    if you are stuck with that only one needle till you get some more, at least put it into boiling water to sterylise it.

Stumbo is offline Senior Member
    C'mon guys, we arnt poor crack heads on the street, we are mature educated steroid users, be smart, dont reuse.

bigcut77 is offline Associate Member
    This is the craziest thread I have ever seen!! It is like $15 bucks for a box of 100 pins and barrels. Lets see $15 or the ER fee plus the down time from the gym because you had a pound of flesh removed! Just buy a **** load and never re-use. Its like saying i do not use anti-e's because I am too lazy to order them. Its all cheap ****!!!

Thread Information