BigBoi83 is offline Associate Member

acctane kicking my ass!

ok im posting this for advice and also as a word of caution for people thinking of using accutane. Three months ago i started accutane due to severe cyctic acne pos6t cycle. about 6 weeks in i began to get joint pain in my inner upper chest. this pain moved to my shoulder blades upper back lower back and at time became unbarable. The dermatolagist told me that this happens sometimes but as bad as im telling him although in studies in happens in small percentage of users. Its been 1 months since i stopped accutane and i have still not gone back to work, i have still not returned to the gym and am yet to go a day with out taking at least 6 doses of tylonol three. I no longer can sleep for more than 3 hours with out having to get up and take a hot shower because of the joint pain. Any advice as what may aliviate this pain is appreciated.

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBoi83
    ok im posting this for advice and also as a word of caution for people thinking of using accutane. Three months ago i started accutane due to severe cyctic acne pos6t cycle. about 6 weeks in i began to get joint pain in my inner upper chest. this pain moved to my shoulder blades upper back lower back and at time became unbarable. The dermatolagist told me that this happens sometimes but as bad as im telling him although in studies in happens in small percentage of users. Its been 1 months since i stopped accutane and i have still not gone back to work, i have still not returned to the gym and am yet to go a day with out taking at least 6 doses of tylonol three. I no longer can sleep for more than 3 hours with out having to get up and take a hot shower because of the joint pain. Any advice as what may aliviate this pain is appreciated.

Wow bro.....are you sure that is from the accutane? Are you on anything else? I was on accutane a few years ago and I never experienced anything like that, just really dry & sensitive skin.

BIGp4 is offline Associate Member
    Ive never heard of any of these sides from accutane

sooner45 is offline Member
    Me neither bro, took it in high school and had none of those, just dry skin, burn easy, etc. In the words of Brian Fellows......"Thats Craaazy!!"

GetPumped is offline Senior Member
    Man bro sorry to hear that. I took accutane a while back but never had those kinds of sides, just dry skin mostly. I must say though that it worked fukkin AWESOME! Not one blemish was on my back or shoulders and I MEAN NOT ONE!

Only thing I would recommend is going to another doc and telling him your situtation and maybe he can prescribe you something for the joint pain or just get on some deca J/K

Quote Originally Posted by GetPumped
    Man bro sorry to hear that. I took accutane a while back but never had those kinds of sides, just dry skin mostly. I must say though that it worked fukkin AWESOME! Not one blemish was on my back or shoulders and I MEAN NOT ONE!

Only thing I would recommend is going to another doc and telling him your situtation and maybe he can prescribe you something for the joint pain or just get on some deca J/K
    yeah iwas thinking about the deca but i cant work out and im worried the deca will cause more acne. i think im f***ed
    im going back to the doc tommorrow ill post what he says tomorow. Im really starting to worry that this may be a permanent side. its getting me really depressed.

oh yeah this was on only 40mg per day, and although i was only on accutane for 2 months have significantly less acne on my back although im left with tons of scars

Zennie is offline Junior Member
    Just go with 100-200mg of deca per week. I really doubt if you'd get any extra acne from that dosage. I get acne from test, dbols, but tried 400mg deca before by itself with winny and no problems with acne. Besides, I think the joint pain is more serious than the acne problem you have. Try taking lots of Fish oil and Flax seed oil, together with glucosamine sulfate and Chrondroitin sulfate, and MSM.....can't do any harm. Hope you get well.

phwSSJ is offline Banned
    even 50mg/deca a week can help alot. Acutane has been known to cause death in 1% of the people that have used it. It is hard on the liver and the joints, it pretty much dries you out.

If you want something that really really works better than anything else, better than deca get some ADEQUAN! Take it with some joint supplements and I bet the next day after your first injection you will be feeling much better, I did!

Unless you know a vet really well or have an old ass dog or horses, or have a friend with an old ass dog that wont mind you using his dog, then it is pretty hard to find the stuff. Maybe your hookup can get some for you. Or if you go to mexico I immagine you will find some at the vets, I know they race horses down there, or at least in monterey and saltillo they do.
    Stay away from stuff like clen , and cafeen, and anything that dehydrates you!

Good luck buddy.

hobbitlifter is offline Junior Member
    I took accutane and never got problems like that. What else are you putting in your body man?

phwSSJ is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbitlifter
    I took accutane and never got problems like that. What else are you putting in your body man?

Everyone reacts differntly,
    you should know that!

However, if he did take something while on acutane it most definitly would make the situation worse.

I took acutane and I barely peeled, it cleared me up really good, I have seen some people whose face is a s red as a cherry and some looks like their skind is drying up and flacking off right before your eyes....everyone is different

Just because none of you have had these symptoms does not mean it has not happened before!

GET SOME ADEQUAN DUDE ....or better yet see a another doctor and ask him whats up you might need to see like three or four to make sure at least two are consistent!
    Last edited by phwSSJ; 02-16-2005 at 01:07 AM.

ace ventura is offline Member
    If you have used accutane but still not heard of this sides you didn't pay attention when the doc was talking to you, or you got it by your own.

I used accutane 5-6 year ago and I think I got some joint pain. Actually I don't remember if it was that noticable or if I just used it as an excuse to avoid gym classes (because of acne). I think I felt weaker in my joints and I still do. I FEAL like I have to be carefull but I also feal more smooth when I get enough omega 3.

I get pain in my right knee and in my lower back somethimes. Don't know if it's because I used accutane but who knows..

Worming up is important!

when to the doc today. he told me that he has never scene neone yet this much pain from accutane. The doc said exactly what phwssj said, that everyone reacts differntly to drugs and i just happen to be one of the people in the very low percentages that is being effected this way. To answear ace ventura there are many sides to accutane that are not even listed in the accutane print out and although u except the risks when u take it no one can tell u for sure how ur gonna react once u start taking it.

Whats the highest dose of deca that ill beable to take without shutting me down??

SwoleDave is offline Associate Member
    i know that flack seed oil and fish oil helps with my joint problems, but mine arent near as bad as yours

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleDave
    i know that flack seed oil and fish oil helps with my joint problems, but mine arent near as bad as yours
    im willing to try nething at this point. i have to get back at it, not just the gym my my regular life

phwSSJ is offline Banned
    deca is prescribed for osteoperosis and other illnesses at about 25-50 mg every two weeks, you should be ok with that kind of dosage. If I were you I would definitly try to get some adequan.
    That is the best thing out there and if there is anything wrong with your joints it will fix it. When you buy the adequan get about 5 vials. Each vial should be 5ml w/100mg/ml
    For a 200lb person take 120mg every four days! Also take glucosamine/condroitin/msm (joint boost) with it. Helps alot!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoi83
    To answear ace ventura there are many sides to accutane that are not even listed in the accutane print out and although u except the risks when u take it no one can tell u for sure how ur gonna react once u start taking it.
    Oh, in my contry you even get a document that you must read and sign. It's very strict here..

What other sides can you get that's not listed?

heres something i found posted by one of the bros on this site.
    ( AVAGO)

Accutane Adverse Side Effects & Dangers

Under Federal Law, the manufacturer of a drug is required to revise its label to include a warning as soon as there is reasonable evidence of an association of a serious hazard with a drug.

Pursuant to FDA Rules and Regulation, the reporting of Adverse Side Effects is on a voluntary basis. In other words, the doctor, hospital, or other medical person or facility are not required by law to report an adverse side effect from a drug. The FDA reported that perhaps only one in one hundred side effects ever get reported. One could only imagine about how many serious Adverse Side Effects there are from taking Accutane, that have never been reported to anyone!

Abnormal menses

Abnormal wound healing (delayed healing or exuberant granulation tissue with crusting

Acne fulminans

Abdominal pain

Aggression

Agranulocytosis

Allergic Reactions

Allergic vasculitis often with purpura (bruises & red patches)

Alopecia

Alternations in blood sugar levels

Anaphylactic reactions

Anemia

Arthralgia

Arthritis

Back pain (severe in some cases, especially in children)

Birth defects

Bleeding & inflammation of the gums

Bone abnormalities

Bone fracture

Bronchospasms

Bruising

Calcification of coronary, pulmonary & mesenteric arteries

Calcification of ligaments & tendons

Cardiovascular injuries

Cheilitis (dry lips)

Colitis

Color vision disorder

Conjunctivitis

Corneal Opacities

Decrease in red blood cells

Decrease in serum high-density lipoprotein (HDL) levels

Decreased night vision (sometimes permanent)

Decreased Skeletal - Bone mineral density

Decreased white cell count

Delayed healing of bone fractures

Depression

Dizziness

Drowsiness

Dry mouth

Dry nose

Dry skin

Edema

Elevated CPK levels

Elevated platelet counts

Elevated sedimentation

Elevation of cholesterol

Elevation of serum triglycerides

Elevations of liver enzymes

Elevations of serum cholesterol

Emotional instability

Epistaxis

Eruptive xanthomas

Esophageal irritation

Esophageal ulceration

Esophagitis

Exacerbation of acne (acne made worse)

Eyelid inflammation

Fatal hemorrhagic pancreatitis

Fatigue

Fibrosis and inflammation of the myocardium

Flushing

Fragility of skin

Gastrointestinal symptoms (nonspecific)

Glomerulonephritis

Hair abnormalities

Headache

Hearing impairments

Hearing loss

Heart palpitations

Hepatitis

Hepatotoxicity

Hirsutism

Hyperostosis

Hyperpigmentation

Hypertriglyceridemia

Hyperuricemia

Hypopigmentation

Ileitis

Increased alkaline phosphatase, SGOT, (AST), SGPT (ALT), GGTP OR LDH

Increased risk of sunburn

Infections (including disseminated herpes simplex)

Inflammatory Bowel Disease

Insomnia

Impotence

Keratitis

Lethargy

Limb injury with physical activity

Lipids

Lupus

Lymphadenopathy

Malaise

Microscopic or gross hematuria

Muscle strain with physical activity

Nail dystrophy

Nausea

Nervousness

Neutropenia

Nonspecific urogenital findings

Optic neuritis

Osteopenia

Osteoporosis

Ovarian cysts

Painful intercourse

Pancreatitis

Papilledema

Paresthesias

Paronychia

Peeling of palms and soles

Photoallergic - photosensitizing reactions

Photophobia

Premature epiphyseal closure

Proteinuria

Pruritus

Pseudotumor Cerebri (benign intracranial hypertension)

Psychiatric disorders

Psychosis

Pyogenic granuloma

Rash (including facial erythema, seborrhea & eczema)

Rectal bleeding

Regional ileitis

Respiratory infection

Rhabdomyolysis

Seizures

Severe diarrhea

Severe neutropenia

Skeletal hyperostosis

Skeletal hyperostosis

Stroke

Suicidal ideations

Suicide

Suicide attempts

Sweating

Syncope

Systemic hypersensitivity

Tachycardia

Tendonitis

Thrombocytopenia

Tinnitus (ringing in the ears)

Transient chest pain

Urticaria

Vascular thrombotic disease

Vasculitis

Violent behaviors

Vision impairment

Visual disturbances

Voice alteration

Vomiting

Weakness

Weight loss

White cells in urine

Look man if you feel good i suggest keeping it to yourself or at leasts spare adviceing people to take a drug, you apear to know nothing about it or the concequences wat if a bro came back on this board are you going to diagnose the problem they could come back with, with a list of sides like this i very much doubt it...... is 'feeling good' a basis for reccomending a very powerful drug with many sides. There are many other possible cures/remedies to attempt untill considering accutane

XxElitexX is offline Senior Member
    I have used accutane with great results and minimum sides for years now, on and off.

Jtt23 is offline Junior Member
    I used accutane... About 2 years ago... Worked REAL well for acne.. But it got me real sick a few times... Vomiting and such... I had to stop a few months short... but it STILL worked.. I almost NEVER get acne..

definitly helped me out too although i wish i wouldnt have had the problems i did so i could have finished up the treatment

arxg is offline Junior Member
    bro i used accutane at 80 mg per day for 16 weeks, i see you are using 40but i just ignored the dermatologist advice and took 20 mg a day i got much less sides and the acne still disapeared thank fully i never get it anymore now

I remeber I had dry lips for a long time. If I forgot my vaseline when I was at school they would start to bleed. Had to use it all the time. My skin was very dry also and still is.

Thread Information