Fuller is offline Associate Member

going to the dentist should i tell?

I went to the dentist the other day and did not tell him that i was on cycle. Now i need to get my wisdom teeth yanked, as they are hurting me badly. I am getting them pulled next month and will still be cycle. Should i tell him? Will the drugs that they put me on indanger my health while i am on?
    Thanks guys...... Fuller

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    I could understand telling your doctor if you were having surgury or something but I don't see any reason why your dentist would need to know. You can tell him just to be safe though if you want.

Stackertoo is offline Member
    No way. Unless it caused your teeth to grow too.
    Tell as few people as possible.

intensity101 is offline New Member
    I personally would tell the Dentist.Someone once told me that is can effect the amount of anesthetic you need.I had some work done one time while on a cycle and i could feel the pain and had to tell them to stop.After two more injections in my gums i could still feel the pain!

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    I'm a dentist. He couldn't care less, just ask him to check your BP before starting. If he asks why, just say "It's been a little elevated lately, just curious."

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    anaestesia has no effect what so ever on hormones. Other than the blood pressure I can see no problem or the meds he will put you on but painkillers and antibiotics dont messwith gear either

worldtraveln is offline Associate Member
    You could always tell him you are on HRT if you really feel the need to disclose.

Juddman is offline Anabolic Member
    Definitely tell the dentist. That was one of the main questions I was asked when I had mine pulled. They obviously ask for a reason, prob something to do with BP as was already mentioned.

Jessyjack10 is offline Associate Member
    Any problem I would see is if you';re taking something that thins out the blood, like Deca . Might increase the bleeding.

Yeah, do get your bp to make sure it ain't too high

1-Cent is offline Anabolic Member
    What would he change? Don't get put right out just get nitrous, thats what I did and it made it seem like it was over in 10 minutes flat when really it was more like an hour and a half at least, and I couldn't care less what they were doing. Seems like less risk to me, you aren't going to bleed to death either way, and if you just get nitrous then they'll adjust it for you if you feel anything...

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    nope anaestesia has nothing to do with hormones at all.

Only thing could be increased bleeding but that will clot up just fine.
    And increased blood pressure which wont be too serious anyway.

jbol is offline Senior Member
    i had my wisdom teeth removed and am glad its only a once in a lifetime thing.OOOUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHH!

spideyone is offline New Member
    Have him try to keep your teeth in whole pieces. I did and sold them for thirty dollars on ebay. no joke.

jbol is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spideyone
    Have him try to keep your teeth in whole pieces. I did and sold them for thirty dollars on ebay. no joke.
    why would somebody want your teeth?

BDTR is offline Retired
    I guess there's a market for everything...

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    AAS reduces clotting factors in the blood so you may bleed a little more that you normally would.

ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    Yeah I just had a deep clean on my teeth, and they fuked my gum up somehow on a molar and it bled all day. I didn't think anything of it but when I went to sleep at my girlfriends apartment I woke up at 2:30 to drink some protein and take a leak and there was blood all over the pillow and a little pool where I was laying. I am just adding proof to what big k.l.g. is saying that it meses with clotting. Not only that I supplement with vit. k and it still bled all night and day.

Jessyjack10 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChefJ
    Yeah I just had a deep clean on my teeth, and they fuked my gum up somehow on a molar and it bled all day. I didn't think anything of it but when I went to sleep at my girlfriends apartment I woke up at 2:30 to drink some protein and take a leak and there was blood all over the pillow and a little pool where I was laying. I am just adding proof to what big k.l.g. is saying that it meses with clotting. Not only that I supplement with vit. k and it still bled all night and day.
    That's really reassuring if we get in a car crash ! lol

If you would have left that last part out, it might have been funny. You DID NOT sell your teeth on eBay for a few reasons.

1.You're not famous and no one would give you 1 penny.
    2.eBay rules don't allow it.

Thank you, please drive through.

superchump is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SMYL_GR8
    If you would have left that last part out, it might have been funny. You DID NOT sell your teeth on eBay for a few reasons.

1.You're not famous and no one would give you 1 penny.
    2.eBay rules don't allow it.

Thank you, please drive through.

haha busted

O.fO.shO is offline Member

Yea , some physco killer bought them.....and i bet your tooth is found next to his current victims dead body .

smegs is offline Member
    pospost that sugery bro...i'm sure you can wait it off..

airborne0329 is offline New Member
    This is a good question, what about being on clen with it's elevated blood pressure? Will it be effected with the nitro?

Gotta get mine out too...not looking foward to it.

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    Your dentist isn't gonna know anything about juice...It's just gonna confuse him or he;s gonna give you a long lecture about how evil they are...

bigbodyjosh is offline Member
    "Hello doc, i'm ready to get my teeth pulled but i just wanted to let you know i'm taking AS ok?"
    "**** juicers..."

littlemac is offline New Member
    Even if you do tell him, who cares, everything is condfidential due to all those patient-doctor privacy laws, if he is a good dentist he will respect that confidentiality and do the right thing, if he doesn't you can sue the **** out of him!

hawkeye1877 is offline Associate Member
    tell him, he can't say a thing to anyone doctor paitiend confidentiality, also if you are going under anestesia it is a must

carbs-rule is offline Associate Member
    I had mine out with a local, no nitrous or anything. I swear, it was f'ing awesome. They break your teeth apart in your mouth while you are awake and you don't feel a thing. When they shoot your mouth full of novacaine, it is an unbelievable rush. I would do it again if I could.

hobbitlifter is offline Junior Member
    When you get your wisdom teeth out you won't be able to do anything lifting the first day unless you are an over acheiver. I got mine out not to long ago and I was in my bed for 3 days with no solid foods. It sucks b/c of the pain but the medication is awesome. I wouldn't plan on lifting for about 4 to 5 days

J*U*icEd is offline Anabolic Member
    dont' tell nobody nothin!! just my 2 cents!

I hate to say this, but most dentists don't sh!t about the human body from the neck down when it comes to drug interactions. Oral Surgeons are a different story, but telling a general dentist is a waste of time.

D-END is offline Anabolic Member
    I JUST got my wisdom teeth out yesterday. I talked to the surgen about steroid use during surgery and he said that it can cause horrible problems and extend the healing process. Also the clotting problems caused by aas can also cause a "dry socket", this is when you don't get a blood clot in the space where the tooth was and so it doesn't heal properly and creates a hole in your mouth because no new tissue will grow their.... and you will have to endure another surgery.

rimz is offline Junior Member
    Don't say that. I had one of mine pulled a few days ago because it cracked and he said I shouldn't get dry socket but you have me worried now. I have to get my other 2 cut out sometime but I am going to put it off until after I am done with PCT.

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SMYL_GR8
    I hate to say this, but most dentists don't sh!t about the human body from the neck down when it comes to drug interactions. Oral Surgeons are a different story, but telling a general dentist is a waste of time.
    agreed.

if it's an oral surgeon, you might mention it -- just so he has an idea about the possibility of delayed clotting time. most gen dentists won't know jack...only reason i would know is from personal study. dental school attempts to prepare some people (at least mine does) to have a good knowledge of the body, but most students just get by with a minimum of knowledge and forget it all afterwards -- it's all "drill and fill" for some.

there's always the exception, but overall I absolutely agree wth smyl...

njguy_2000us is offline New Member

No Need....

I was mid cycle and had to go in for an emergency root canal. The only diff. that being on juice made was when he shot me with novacaine. Since my blood pressure was a bit high as soon as he stuck me the blood squirted out of my mouth a bit. It was kinda funny, told him I must be white coat hypertensive...

Thread Information