Thread: hematoma

zx7racing is offline Senior Member

Exclamation hematoma

has anyone ever had or know of anyone who has developed an abscess or hematoma from injecting? if so what did they do about it?
    if it is absolutly necessary for med attention, would it be a believable story to tell the doc it came from a severe blow to the area???
    please help me out if you have any info on the matter- a fellow member has me freaking out

darmadoc is offline Member
    The body will usually absorb most hematomata over time. The major concern is that it will get infected. If you develop increasing redness, pain, or fever, you should get it drained. As to the question of whether a blow could have caused it-it depends where it is, I suppose.

its been there circa 2-3 months since my last cycle.on the outter sweep of my thigh- its slightly smaller than a golf ball (oblonge shaped) it has not gotten any larger/nor smaller. i have had no signs of infection, no pain, redness, warm to touch, fever, nothing. its just a lump on my leg- but i am begining to get seriously worried about it!!! a fellow member on the board is having serious problems with his- and its making me very very paranoid-

That's an awful long time for a hematoma. What were u shooting, and what does it look like, was it bruised, discolored or is it just something you can feel?

thats what i thought- originally i thought it was just oil having a hard time dispersing, but the longer it stayed the more worried ive become.
    i was running test/deca 3 1/2cc. there were absolutly no problems from the shot that i could tell. i'm increadibly anal when it comes to putting a needle anywhere near my body- so needless to say, i am cautious. no bruisin, discoloring, or unusual soreness.
    and its more or less the same now- simply a lump that i can see and feel with my hands.?????
    and darmadoc- i sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your knowlege on the matter!!!

sorry, now that i think of it- toward the end of my cycle, maybe a month before the end..i did have just the slightest bruise after a shot there. so slight that i hardly took notice..

If there was bruising, there was probably some bleeding deep in the muscle. As long as it is behaving the way you describe, I'd leave it alone. It is probably going to subside over time.

thank you for the opinion. i'm going to stay the course and see how it acts. though i'm planning on my next cycle in another few months- if its not gone by then, i'll have to think of a story to tell the doc.
    thanks again,
    peace
    zx

Quote Originally Posted by darmadoc
    If there was bruising, there was probably some bleeding deep in the muscle. As long as it is behaving the way you describe, I'd leave it alone. It is probably going to subside over time.

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

what?!

ok this is exactly what i'm going through after the course of multiple blood tests, mri, bone scans, x rays, cryotheraphy, ems treatments, etc have been performed. i'm having surgery thurs morning to have it aspirated and if it can not all be removed the remained part of the hemotoma has to be cut out as ovbviously it is encapsulized.
    can i ask what kind of doctor you are DARMADOC?
    as this hemotoma, which by the way is 12cm x 5cm resting on my vastus lateralis and the intermedius (exactly where i had done injections and formed the lump) has been devloping for 2 months without my notice will not get "better in time".
    he needs an mri immediately IMO. this is not something you just hope goes away because it's obviously encapsulized as a protection IMO, which indicates to me that it must be drained or cut out. if it were a clot, thinners could be prescribed possibly.
    it may not be from the injection , but all a hematoma is is a collection of blood in a pocket so it could also be caused by some forceful contusion.
    darmadoc, i think this is the worst advice i have seen in awhile because there is no immediate cautionary procedures being taken besides your, "wait and see" tactic.
    get this **** checked out. if it is an abcess that oil can be rotten in your leg and if it were to break you are looking at bacteria all throughout your bloodstream. anyone correct me if i am wrong here....
    whether a clot, a hematoma, or an abcess every one of these situations has a cure, but only if you seek help.
    i have read all my own bloodwork before my doctor went over it with me. i reviewed my mri before he saw it. i took every steps to ensure i had a plan of attack and had a doctor that vailidated or discounted my beliefs in what procedures should be done. i went to two surgeons, the last being about 2 hours ago now. don't **** with your health.
    everyone wants to be a tough guy in their tank top when they are on gear, but now you see who is prepared to deal with the consequences of their use when the **** goes down. man enough to do drugs be man enough to take care of your health if for nothing more than the people who care about you.

I'm the kind of doctor that knows an awful lot more than you, my friend.

1. Virtually ALL hematomas go away in time unless they are infected.

2. Infected hematomas cause increasing pain, fever, redness.

3. Infected hematomas don't burst sending bacteria " all throughout your body"

4. His symptoms are not compatable with a deep venous thrombosis, the only thing that would be treated with blood thinners.

5. I only advised the wait and see attitude when it was clear it was not causing any of the aforementioned symptoms.

I am sure racing can find some doctor willing to do a few thousnd dollars worth of tests
    on him, but there is nothing here that screams urgency to me. You have been getting yours worked up for a while, and seem well enough to insult people giving their opinions on this board.

I am sorry to be so harsh, but your tone is not one that invites a civil response. I guarantee you that I see more infections in a week than you and your doctors see in a month, but I will be happy to keep my opinions to my self in the future, if that is what is felt to be in the best interests of the membership.

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

i don't want to have a nig pissing contest here, but

I'm the kind of doctor that knows an awful lot more than you, my friend.

1. Virtually ALL hematomas go away in time unless they are infected.

2. Infected hematomas cause increasing pain, fever, redness.

3. Infected hematomas don't burst sending bacteria " all throughout your body"

4. His symptoms are not compatable with a deep venous thrombosis, the only thing that would be treated with blood thinners.

5. I only advised the wait and see attitude when it was clear it was not causing any of the aforementioned symptoms.

I am sure racing can find some doctor willing to do a few thousnd dollars worth of tests
    on him, but there is nothing here that screams urgency to me. You have been getting yours worked up for a while, and seem well enough to insult people giving their opinions on this board.

I am sorry to be so harsh, but your tone is not one that invites a civil response. I guarantee you that I see more infections in a week than you and your doctors see in a month, but I will be happy to keep my opinions to my self in the future, if that is what is felt to be in the best interests of the membership.
    i think what he has here is not a hematoma caused by any severe contusion. i fear that he has an abcess that has been left untreated. i'm saying that shoudl this be an abcess or if there is even the slight thought that there is one he should take the time to have an mri on this thing. if it has not dissapated by now it may not and that is where my concern for infection lies.
    i fear that oil may be "festering" in that area. i'm concerned for the guy and as far as spending $$ on tests. i've had a ton done including my upcoming surgery. we're talking copays and most likely 10% shoudl his insurance deem this reasonable. i've seen bad things happen when fear or the idea that things go away dilute the consideration sound medical attention. he has had this for some time now.

darmadoc & partyboynyc- thank you both very much for sharing what you know about hematoma, abscess, and infection.
    while i am not too seriously concerned with infection as i have no symptoms, i am worried that this is not going to get any better. the problem is that i have to go and see a military doc unless i want to fork out of my own pocket for every med expense incurred. so, i'm going to try the contusion route and see if they go for it. i dont have a regular care manager but a group of flight docs that i am able to see- none of which i know personally so i am really pressing my luck if they want to inquire more about how this happened...
    anywho- thanks again for helping me out! i'll keep you posted.
    peace
    zx

956Vette is online now AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    just curious about an update on what happened here zx7?

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    yeah... fill us in.... hope u are ok..

dtr98 is offline Member
    never had one from a shot but had one on my shin, swelled up bad and looked and felt like my leg was broken. felt hot but that was from the blood filling it up. went away in about 4-6 wks.

Thread Information