Check the educational threads I think its there

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel

jgg1221 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sp9
    that doesnt say half life, it just says when to start PCT

sp9
    What are the half-lives of different esters?

Shorter chain esters have shorter half-lives, because of their lower partition coefficient. Testosterone cypionate has a half-life of 8 days5, the enanthate ester has a half-life of 4 days6, and nandrolone decanoate has a half-life of 8 days7. These figures are only approximate. The difference between these values for cypionate and enanthate probably includes difference attributable to different measuring techniques. The actual difference is probably not more than two days.

In the rat, where half-lives of anabolic steroid esters are similar to those in humans but somewhat shorter, the half-lives of the phenylpropionate, decanoate, and laurate esters are 1, 5, and 10 days respectively.3 The same trend would be expected in man.

Half-life is linearly related to log partition coefficient, which is itself linearly related to the carbon chain length, the exception being if the ester is an unusual one such as phenylpropionate. This was shown by James et al.3 for the formate through valerate esters of testosterone in the rat. The half-life of testosterone propionate was approximately 4 days, and each carbon added to or subtracted from that chain length changed half-life by about 1.5 days.

http://www.mesomorphosis.com/article...oid-esters.htm
    Last edited by sp9; 02-19-2005 at 06:49 AM.

sp9

Whitey is offline Anabolic Member
    Test Prop half life is 4.5 days. I guess I never understood why the active life would be shorter than the half life, when it's the other way around for the longer esters.

Nicky B is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=Whitey]Test Prop half life is 4.5 days. I guess I never understood why the active life would be shorter than the half life, when it's the other way around for the longer esters.[

I don't think the half-life is 4.5 days. If it was there would be reason to inject every day. I think its around 36 HOURS.

jgg1221 is offline Member
    maybe the active life is 4.5 days.... but half life HAS to be shorter than active life

reason being: because for everyhalf life half of its amount its depleted in the body, however the amount thats left can still make an effect... so after a certain number of half lifes, it would finally come to a point where so little would be remaining it couldnt make any sort of signifigant effect

so maybe it takes test prop 4.5 days to come to the point that theres so little left that no effect is made

Thread Information