Thread: Popped knee..

Paulywalnuts446 is offline Associate Member

Popped knee..

hey guys whats up just a question today at work i popped my knee out, it felt like the knee went out then back in, it really doesnt hurt and i can walk but it is swolan and tight? any guys ever have this happen? ive been icing it for about 3 hours now and it has gone down but still tight as hell.. it seems like everything is in its place, any suggestions, really dont want to go to the doctor.
    Last edited by Paulywalnuts446; 02-18-2005 at 07:11 PM.

It's called a subluxation, and is usually from loose ligaments or tendons.

what should i do just ice it and take advil?

wonderboy_190 is offline New Member
    Does your knee pop or get stuck? If so, you're prob looking at some cartlidge or meniscus damage. The medial meniscus is more prone to injury than the MCL (Medial Collateral Ligament). Your ACL is the most common knee injury in sports related events. The ACL tears when it exceeds the maximum elasticity. This can be determined by a "pop" at the time of the injury, with immediate swelling.
    Good luck!!

Yeah...rest, ice, and advil.

yea it felt like my leg gave out then i took presure off it and it went back, it acually felt like i could hear it. lol

yea hopfully ill be good for monday for work and my gym time... Cross fingers

It's prob too late now, but you shouldn't keep the ice continously. Ice for 30 min and rest for 15 minutes. After 24 hours apply the heat. Hopefully the swelling will have subsided by then. Hopefully nothing's torn, but stressed. Also, the amount of pain and swelling doesn't indicate how bad the injury is. The ability to bear weight, move the knee through the normal range of motion, and to keep the knee stable when wiggled is more important.
    Last edited by wonderboy_190; 02-18-2005 at 07:34 PM.

yea ive been doing that and testing the knee, can stand on it by its self, have range of motion for the most part, just the swelling stoping it.

BiGMiKE70 is offline Junior Member
    Bro be carefull with that ****. if you have a slight tear in your knee and you keep poping it out your gonna **** your self up. best thing to do is get an mri and see what is going on. ice it 15min on 15min off.... good luck bro

That's what happened to me playing b-ball. It began with an over extension when I landed, I felt it come out and then I was on the floor. After a week, I was back and it happened again, but this time it went to the side. Week or two later, I was back and it happened again. I regret it to this day. I eventually underwent a 4 1/2 hour surgery repairing extensive damage to my ACL, MCL and medial meniscus. My meniscus was totally gone and had to be replaced with a strip from my patella tendon. Now I sport four screws and a weak knee. Go to the doctor.... Dont be stupid like me....

BiGMiKE70 is offline Junior Member
    yup i ****ing blew my shoulder out playin football and dident get it looked at till after my season was over and just played thru it, then i had to have my shoulder reconstructed, the following season i ****ed my knee up n got it looked at right away n avoided surgery... thats y its better to be safe then sorry later...

well i took your guys advice and went to the doctor, i sprained my knee, i got an x-ray so they really couldnt tell me if i ripped any thing, but i might of just over expanded the ligaments. so now in in this ****en velcro leg thing for like 2 weeks. i guess i can still work the upper body and chest, cause i am going to be on my second week of my cycle monday.

Want-2-b-ripped is offline New Member
    Get an MRI done, a few years ago my knee popped while doing the leg press machine. My knee was never right after that long story short my knee recently gave way while at work. It popped and a sharp stabbing pain begain x-ray showed nothing but the MRI (from what I can tell) shows a torn medial meniscus. It looks from what I can tell from this picture what I have (I'll know more wed. when the doc tells me more)

Thread Information