Oceans7 is offline Junior Member

Vet's & Mod's: Why don't you consider reconstructing the home page info?

Hey Bro's (and Sista's) I'm really am not trying to flame anyone (I know this is going to draw some heat), but IMO some sincere and intelligent input might be helpful to you all (I'm speaking to the Vets and Mod's).

1. Let me begin by saying THANK YOU to all you that give your sincere input on this board. This is honestly the best board I have visited, and the ONLY one I visit anymore. And the information is stellar ... it has helped me a great deal. But guys …. it is EXTREMELY hard to find solid answers sometimes! You Vets and Mod’s say READ THE THREADS, but unfortunately there is a significant bulk of inconsistent responses to questions. Who do we believe when reading thru hundreds … and I may mean THOUSANDS of threads?

2. SUGGESTION: Why don't you Vet's and Mod's with years of AS experience and some knowledge of chemistry and physiology huddle up and construct some new home page info? That would eliminate 2 of your BIGGEST problems:

a. Unqualified individuals giving out erroneous or incorrect information to the naive public, and

b. You getting frustrated and wasting your time answering the same questions over, and over, and over ...

3. WHAT: Why not assemble some new and updated pages accessible on the home page of this website (you Vets and Mods yourself have flamed Newbies on information we read on the front of this site as being outdated!!!). You might include:

a. A page on FAQ’s (the current one is pretty lean honestly)
    b. A page on Definitions
    c. An updated page on AS Profiles
    d. An updated page on AS Effectiveness
    e. A page on SERM’s
    f. A page on PCT’s
    g. A page on how stats (age, sex, size, AS experience, etc.) effect cycles.

4. If your intention is to HELP the general public (and I know it is), then you must remember that 99% of us have other obligations that prohibit us from spending hundreds of hours researching threads to assertain the TRUTH (again, there are literally thousands of thread responses out there that are in blatant conflict with each other ... so what is TRUE and what is not???).

Whitey is offline Anabolic Member
    Those are some interesting ideas, bro - I'll give it a bump.

BDTR is offline Retired
    We are in the process of reconstructing the front page as we speak, it's a very long process, researching steroids to write detailed cited profiles etc.. it will be up soon though, I assure you.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    we could've just copied Big cat's profiles like every other bb page in the world, but we wanted to be original.

GREENMACHINE is offline Are you green enough?
    Bump.

Angelis is offline Banned
    They already started writting new pages I know this for fact bcs they asked for writters a while ago. I was gonna volunteer but the subject I was good at was taken the day before I asked for the job.

Beefkake31 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Oceans7
    Hey Bro's (and Sista's) I'm really am not trying to flame anyone (I know this is going to draw some heat), but IMO some sincere and intelligent input might be helpful to you all (I'm speaking to the Vets and Mod's).

1. Let me begin by saying THANK YOU to all you that give your sincere input on this board. This is honestly the best board I have visited, and the ONLY one I visit anymore. And the information is stellar ... it has helped me a great deal. But guys …. it is EXTREMELY hard to find solid answers sometimes! You Vets and Mod’s say READ THE THREADS, but unfortunately there is a significant bulk of inconsistent responses to questions. Who do we believe when reading thru hundreds … and I may mean THOUSANDS of threads?

2. SUGGESTION: Why don't you Vet's and Mod's with years of AS experience and some knowledge of chemistry and physiology huddle up and construct some new home page info? That would eliminate 2 of your BIGGEST problems:

a. Unqualified individuals giving out erroneous or incorrect information to the naive public, and

b. You getting frustrated and wasting your time answering the same questions over, and over, and over ...

3. WHAT: Why not assemble some new and updated pages accessible on the home page of this website (you Vets and Mods yourself have flamed Newbies on information we read on the front of this site as being outdated!!!). You might include:

a. A page on FAQ’s (the current one is pretty lean honestly)
    b. A page on Definitions
    c. An updated page on AS Profiles
    d. An updated page on AS Effectiveness
    e. A page on SERM’s
    f. A page on PCT’s
    g. A page on how stats (age, sex, size, AS experience, etc.) effect cycles.

4. If your intention is to HELP the general public (and I know it is), then you must remember that 99% of us have other obligations that prohibit us from spending hundreds of hours researching threads to assertain the TRUTH (again, there are literally thousands of thread responses out there that are in blatant conflict with each other ... so what is TRUE and what is not???).
    You read my mind, and this is by far the best board on the web and nothing against the mods or the admin. I just get so many conflicting answers and when you want to research theres just waaaay too many threads and you don't know where to start and end. I would rather have a mod answer all my questions most of the time and lately I haven't gotten that. Especially with the PCT. But again, this board has already been very helpful, so thank you guys.

But I do agree and you mods already know this, that the forum is not what it used to be (even a year ago). The members are growing day by day in huge amounts and it's ridiculous how many members are on this thing now compared to a few months ago even. So this place needs a reconstruction period. My .02 cents.

Seajackal is offline Anabolic Member
    Good suggestion Ocean7, this will just effort what bdtr posted in his
    thread on Steroid Picture seccion, good idea, bro! That's gonna take
    time but I trust hose Mods and Vets can do this in the name of this
    board. Keep up the good job bros and sis!

I'm working very hard on this...and I have been doing so since Sept.-Oct. Out of the original 20-30 writers who were going to be paid for submissions, only about 10 have produced anything tangible, and about 1/2 of that has been acceptable for use.

Currently, I've produced more profiles than any of the writers, with each one representing roughly a full work day (8 hours) of research and writing.

I've also personally edited every submission from other writers, and that takes approximately 2 hours per profile.

It's slow going, but we'll get there eventually....and our profile page will be easily the best on the 'net.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkake31
    I would rather have a mod answer all my questions most of the time and lately I haven't gotten that.
    Realistically, I'd like to answer every question that everyone has...but time-wise, that just can't be done.

If I look in a thread and the answer is there, already, I'll usually not post.

Also, there's also the times when I post " Do XYZ." and the very next question is "hey...should I do XYZ?" and then I get a pm saying "Let me get this straight...do I do XYZ?"

And all of that just takes a ton of time, because I (or bdtr, or whoever) ends up answsering the same question 3x, when we could have answered 3 different questions from 3 different people.

Honestly, I really appreciated it when Dude-Man fielded that Benadryl question yesterday, because it's something I answered a million times, and about 10,000 people know the answer to it, but he took the time to post, and help out, wheras those other people just didn't feel like lending a hand, even though though they knew the answer.

The more the senior members and vets contribute, the more time mods will have to post really detailed answers and get new information out there.

ace ventura is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    I'm working very hard on this...and I have been doing so since Sept.-Oct. Out of the original 20-30 writers who were going to be paid for submissions, only about 10 have produced anything tangible, and about 1/2 of that has been acceptable for use.

Currently, I've produced more profiles than any of the writers, with each one representing roughly a full work day (8 hours) of research and writing.

I've also personally edited every submission from other writers, and that takes approximately 2 hours per profile.

It's slow going, but we'll get there eventually....and our profile page will be easily the best on the 'net.
    This is one of the few times when I get warm on the inside. I seriously think you guys do a hell of a good job. I really appreciate your work and I look forward to look into the new stuff that's coming up. I can't wait to read the profiles.

Thread Information