Angel of death is offline Senior Member

Anesthesia and AAS

I just saw the thread about that guy going to the dentest and I have to get an "endoscopy" later this week to see why i get bad heartburn (ive had it for a long time), I get put under anesthesia...this should be fine right? No surgery or anything.

bimp

BDTR is offline Retired
    Tell your doctor exactly what you're taking. Anesthesia can be risky, it's best if they know.

I just wanna know if anybody KNOWS there are any problems? Because if there are I can call ahead of time and just reschedule.

Aboot is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel of death
    I just wanna know if anybody KNOWS there are any problems? Because if there are I can call ahead of time and just reschedule.

There shouldn't be...but don't let a dude from a message board discourage you from asking your doctor.

I'm still gonna ask him, I just wanted to know if it was definite or not so I could possibly save myself the awkwardness of telling him I'm a steroid user and just reschedule lol.

Uconish is offline Member
    youd better tell your doc. I had surgury in nov and my anethesia doc actually asked me if i had used any anabolics in the past six months. Better be safe bro.

superchump is offline Junior Member
    if you tell him your on steroids he'll pospone it. i had surgery and was on and lied and lived. your not even supposed to take vitamins before surgery. either get off and tell the truth and then wait or lie and get on with it .

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    hormones play no part in anaestesia whatsoever at all. Ive had numerous surgeries while on roid and been put under the only problem I can see is the blood pressure problem and the blood clotting problem.Nothing too serious at al though it is always best to tell the doc.

darmadoc is offline Member
    For an endoscopy they don't usually use real anesthesia. Usually you get sedated with IV demerol and versed or something similar. The only problem I'd forsee is that your BP might be too high, and they'd reschedule. I would personally not tell, but I'd make sure my BP was normal.

GymGuy250 is offline New Member
    this is true . i am a surgical tech at a large hospital and they do not use general anesthesia for an endoscopy. most of the time its versed or some other sedative.

Thread Information