littlemac is offline New Member

Crohns and cycles...

anyone have experience, having Crohns disease and doing cycles and nutritional advice for Crohns?

ducati996 is offline Associate Member
    I know you might not want to but you really need to consult with your doc. Its really important to me to be big but life itself is priceless.

life is priceless, so love thy body...I wouldn't do anything if I knew it would absolutely kill me, but you never know when your gonna go, so life is priceless, but also unpredictable, my Doc would shoot me if I told her I was juicin-so I won't be doing that.

ducati996 is offline Associate Member
    Be careful bro. I dont know anything about the disease. I would hate to hear of something bad happening. Ask another doc. that specializes in the diesase if your not comfortable talking to yours.

OldSchoolLifter is offline Junior Member
    Well I highly doubt that your doc will go to that extreme but you have to remember that your doc is there to help you. Granted he will be against you juiceing but they will also give you descent advise and tell you the real sides you could be faceing. Donty forget that your history is confidential so no one else would really know aside from the doctor unless you mention it.

good advice, but what doctor is going to consult on using juice. I think I'll be fine since I've done cycles in the past with no harm, or really any bad side effects, I actually feel alot better when doing them, like anyone else I guess.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    GH has shown itself to be very beneficial in treating people with crohn's. you may want to talk that over with your Dr.

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude-Man
    GH has shown itself to be very beneficial in treating people with crohn's. you may want to talk that over with your Dr.
    This is right and you may get insurance to pay as this is an alternative style of treatment(especially if you have had some intestines removed). I have crohn's and I use. I was around 200lbs natural and when it hit me I dropped 50lbs. Could not eat solid food for 3 months but during that time did tpn(feeding through a pickline). I take imuran which is an immune supressor and remicade infusions, have yet to have a challenge while on gear. I do not think the doctor will approve steroids but would hgh. But you could run gear while on the hgh. Again your doctor will not approve. What are your current stats and what degree is your crohn's at right now?

Crohns is under control right now, I'm on Pentaza for maintenance, I can't seem to get over 170 pds and I'm 5'10".

LD_18 is offline Associate Member
    hey bro, i have Ulcerative colitis which is very similar to Crohn's and symptoms are the same. anyway i have just recently completed a cycle of Deca and test e and i had no problems at all, no flare ups or anything. so i'd say as long as u have in under control right now then u'd prolly b good to go

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    I have a good buddy that has Crohn's and he is skinny and goes to the bathroom all the time. I think you could get a script for both HGH & some form of aas.

Quote Originally Posted by littlemac
    Crohns is under control right now, I'm on Pentaza for maintenance, I can't seem to get over 170 pds and I'm 5'10".
    Pentasa I do believe is for mild crohns, have you had to do any prednizone or prednizolone? That **** was the only thing that worked but was on that at 40mg ed for 6 weeks and had to taper off. Then the sh!t hit the fan, they tried one remicade treatment and within another 6 weeks was in the hospital and my stomach had closed off along with some of my small intestine. Had fistulas so they could not even balloon out the strictures, they could not tell the opening from the sores. I told part of the story in this thread already but before I could eat they had to do a bypass and resectioning. Crohns is still crohns and it sucks. Eat like a bodybuilder, more often through the day. Watch what effects your by taking notes, you have to be in control. Get your diet down first, just like everyone else, get the script for the hgh, buy some juice and ancillaries, train right; Then do the sauce as you will already have it and you will have been on gh for awhile.

tallyjuice is offline Member
    look up my previous post on this. It is very informative.

If my Crohn's is under control and mild, then why would my doc put me on HGH? I'm going to try and revamp my training and eat like its my job. mesomorphyl-sounds like your disease is worse than mine right now, that sucks, what are you doing for training and diet?

Quote Originally Posted by littlemac
    If my Crohn's is under control and mild, then why would my doc put me on HGH? I'm going to try and revamp my training and eat like its my job. mesomorphyl-sounds like your disease is worse than mine right now, that sucks, what are you doing for training and diet?
    Research the subject of hgh and crohn's, that is what I did and hit him with the data. He really didn't know as much about that style of treatment until he read the case studies. Eating can cause challenges but keep a log(journal) on what you eat. It will help you catch things that does not agree(nuts, seeds, leafy veggies) and will help you watch your calorie and protein intake. It is bad, but I work through it. My doc wanted me to go on disability, could not afford that. Training and diet you could get right off this website. Although your diet may be effected some. Good luck.

tallyjuice post that link, please.

Newbnumber1 is offline New Member
    I came to this sight just looking up how steriods of any type would effect my crohns and have found it much more helpful then any other site. I know that no 2 crohns patients are the same, but what type of diet do you find work best? I cant seem to pattern anything that bothers me but i cant get rid of these fistulas. I know even slight quantites of red meat bind me up, but have yet to put a finger on the causes of my fistula inflamation.

ps. I tried to PM this to Mesomorphyl but i think because i didnt have any posts it wouldnt let me.

juicejunkie2 is offline Associate Member
    Interesting thread. I do know that Crohns and UC can be flared up due to unusual stresses so even though anti-inflamm aas like Deca may help, others may increase the stress levels (pure speculation) so one must be careful with something like this... even though I can understand the difficulty approaching a physician with this type of a question. I have never heard about HGH being beneficial but will do some research and get back to you on that one.

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    IMO u can try gear.. if it makes things worse then u quit it.. its not very likely though. IIf anythign its more likely that it has a slight positive effect. Gear being immnosuppressant and all.. U are not gonna get a ok from a doc to do this (very anti gear and pointless medication -growing muscles isnt a good cause to use drugs) but I would go ahead anyway.. the HGH is definetly interesting and it was new info for me... Good to know for future...

remarxxx is offline New Member
    A friend of mine has the disease. He has done two cycles so far and takes a lot of alcohol and recreational drugs in the weekends...and the doc says all his profiles are good and the disease is under control...

I think he's ****ing up his body but the tests in the hospital say the opposite..

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    Like I said before its more likely gear will help the situation than make it worse... but this is far from fact since havent seen any studies on that..

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm still undergoing diagnossis for crohns/colitis/ect... and I have not had any problems yet. My weight changes drastically though, but cycles have not had adverse effects.

Newbnumber1 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cfiler
    I'm still undergoing diagnossis for crohns/colitis/ect... and I have not had any problems yet. My weight changes drastically though, but cycles have not had adverse effects.
    If you dont mind me asking, what do your cycles consist of and look like?

Thanks,

NewB

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbnumber1
    If you dont mind me asking, what do your cycles consist of and look like?

Thanks,

NewB
    I stick with lower dose cycles. (Although I know I could increase the dosage)

Last 2 cycles I ran:

1: 250mgs test for 12 weeks

2: 250mgs test for 12 weeks + 30mgs dbol for 4 weeks.

I've also run Clen , and other suppliments with no problem.

ecivon is offline Member
    I have mild Crohn's and so does my oldest son who is 22. We both workout full time and found the best Crohn's control is diet, diet and more diet. It's impossible to predict an outbreak, but found it closely follows screwups in diet, or following suppression in immune systems, like following some simple ass illness. I've done 3 cycles and getting ready to start a fourth and my son is thinking of doing his first. Affecting Crohn's is the last thing on our minds, but then we have mild cases. I have a friend whose younger brother has what he calls a more severe case and he has done cycles without complaining that it complicates his Crohn's. But everyone is different.

MrTAME is offline Associate Member
    don't quote me on this at all...but I thought that I may have had crohn's before and I did a lil research many years ago. If I remember correctly AAS could actually be beneficial to crohns...don't quote me but check into it.

Pac8541 is offline Associate Member
    hey bro, i have Ulcerative colitis which is very similar to Crohn's and symptoms are the same. anyway i have just recently completed a cycle of Deca and test e and i had no problems at all, no flare ups or anything. so i'd say as long as u have in under control right now then u'd prolly b good to go
    +1. I'm in the same condition. Used prednisone for something like 5 weeks several years ago when it was really bad; couldn't eat a thing without it upsetting my stomach and shit blood for 3 months straight. Man did that suck. Creatine ate me up too, can't use more than maybe 3g every other day now without feeling something "wrong" down there. No problems whatsoever though through my last cycle and the one I'm on now. Best of luck to you, these bowel disorders are a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Newbnumber1
    I came to this sight just looking up how steriods of any type would effect my crohns and have found it much more helpful then any other site. I know that no 2 crohns patients are the same, but what type of diet do you find work best? I cant seem to pattern anything that bothers me but i cant get rid of these fistulas. I know even slight quantites of red meat bind me up, but have yet to put a finger on the causes of my fistula inflamation.

ps. I tried to PM this to Mesomorphyl but i think because i didnt have any posts it wouldnt let me.
    Diet: Protein... alot. Solid/whole food in smaller quantities and more often. I try and watch my milk cheese intake, but cannot eat certain fruits(apples because of skin, strawberrys because of seeds) or veggies(almost all but corn will kill me)... No seeds and that includes sesame seeds. No nuts, get natural peanutbutter in the healthfood store and pour some flaxseed into it for extra O m e g a s. Refined grains is my weight gain downfall cause it is high GI food and I can tolerate eating quantities of it... I have a hard time with whole grain wheat and oats at times. You must keep a log of what you eat.

Fistulas are caused by your immune response in your digestive tract. Your body is still attacking bacteria caused by food that is not even there anymore. This response can also cause inflammation, called hydrophormosis. I have found stress can bring these things on as quick as diet.

Instead of red meat you may have to drink high protein ensure on top of regular protein shakes.

Last but not least, get a good gastroenterologist... he or she can help with meds to help control the severity of crohns condition.
    Last edited by Mesomorphyl; 11-06-2006 at 09:59 AM.

Thread Information