Letrozole research proves it will reverse gyno

Hooker found this additional information:

J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2001 Dec;79(1-5):27-34. Aromatase overexpression transgenic mice model: cell type specific expression and use of letrozole to abrogate mammary hyperplasia without affecting normal physiology.

Mandava U, Kirma N, Tekmal RR.

Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Emory University, 4217 Woodruff Memorial Building, 1639 Pierce Drive, Atlanta, GA 30322-4710, USA.

Our recent studies have shown thatoverexpression of aromatase results in increased tissue estrogenic activity and induction of hyperplastic and dysplastic lesions in female mammary glands and gynecomastia and testicular cancer in male aromatase transgenic mice. Both aromatase mRNA and protein are overexpressed in transgenic mammary glands and its expression is not limited to epithelial cells. However, it is more in epithelial than in stromal cells.Our results also indicate aromatase overexpression-induced changes in mammary glands can be abrogated [destroyed] with very low concentrations of the aromatase inhibitor, letrozole. Low concentration of letrozole had no effect on normal physiology as indicated by no significant change in the circulating levels of estradiol and follicle stimulating hormone as well as no change in estrogen responsive genes such as the progesterone receptor and lactoferrin in the uterine tissue. These observations indicate that the expression of aromatase in both epithelial and stromal cells can influence the complex interactions of biochemical pathways leading to mammary carcinogenesis and that the aromatase inhibitor, letrozole can be used as chemopreventive agents without affecting normal physiology.
    Last edited by RUI-Products; 02-21-2005 at 04:00 PM.

fitnessguy is offline Anabolic Member
    great post. i know there has been contraversy about this...

hawkeye1877 is offline Associate Member
    nice post

dirtdawg is offline Anabolic Member
    the test subjects were mice, here's one on humans (men)

Prevention and management of bicalutamide-induced gynecomastia and breast pain: randomized endocrinologic and clinical studies with tamoxifen and anastrozole.

Saltzstein D, Sieber P, Morris T, Gallo J.

1Urology San Antonio Research PA, Pasteur Medical Plaza, San Antonio, Texas, USA.

A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled multicenter trial involving 107 men receiving bicalutamide ('Casodex') 150 mg/day therapy following radical therapy for prostate cancer assessed tamoxifen ('Nolvadex ') 20 mg/day and anastrozole ('Arimidex ') 1 mg/day for the prophylaxis and treatment of gynecomastia/breast pain. Tamoxifen, but not anastrozole, significantly reduced the incidence of gynecomastia/breast pain when used prophylactically and therapeutically. Serum testosterone levels increased with tamoxifen relative to placebo but prostate-specific antigen levels declined in all treatment groups. Further studies are needed to define the optimum tamoxifen dose and to assess any impact on cancer control. The use of tamoxifen in this setting remains to be investigated.Prostate Cancer and Prostatic Diseases advance online publication, 1 February 2005; doi:10.1038/sj.pcan.4500782.

This is a study (the same one?) by those same people, in another Journal, which might be worded better to show that Letro actually stops/destroys the changes in breast tissue caused by aromatase.

Endocr Relat Cancer. 1999 Jun;6(2):307-14.

Aromatase overexpression and breast hyperplasia, an in vivo model--continued overexpression of aromatase is sufficient to maintain hyperplasia without circulating estrogens, and aromatase inhibitors abrogate these preneoplastic changes in mammary glands.
    Tekmal RR, Kirma N, Gill K, Fowler K.

Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322-4710, USA.

To test directly the role of breast-tissue estrogen in initiation of breast cancer, we have developed the aromatase-transgenic mouse model and demonstrated for the first time that increased mammary estrogens resulting from the overexpression of aromatase in mammary glands lead to the induction of various preneoplastic and neoplastic changes that are similar to early breast cancer. Continued overexpression of aromatase that leads to increased breast-tissue estrogen contributes to a number of epigenetic changes in mammary tissue such as alteration in the regulation of genes involved in apoptosis, activation of genes involved in cell cycle and cell proliferation, and activation of a number of growth factors. Our current studies show aromatase overexpression is sufficient to induce and maintain early preneoplastic and neoplastic changes in female mice without circulating ovarian estrogen. Preneoplastic and neoplastic changes induced in mammary glands as a result of aromatase overexpression can be completely abrogated [destroyed] with the administration of the aromatase inhibitor, letrozole. Consistent with complete reduction in hyperplasia, we have also seen downregulation of estrogen receptor and a decrease in cell proliferation markers, suggesting aromatase-induced hyperplasia can be treated with aromatase inhibitors. Our studies demonstrate that aromatase overexpression alone, without circulating estrogen, is responsible for the induction of breast hyperplasia and these changes can be abrogated using aromatase inhibitors.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdawg
    the test subjects were mice, here's one on humans (men)
    Ummm that one isn't about Letro....

Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    Ummm that one isn't about Letro....
    i know, its purpose was to show prevention gyno, so i put it in, just showing different studies

OH....well, anyhoo....

Yeah, I found those Letro Studies...I know they aren't perfect, but I feel that the abundance of evidence we have available to us supports Lion's claim that Letro will reverse (abrogate/destroy) gyno.

OH....well, anyhoo....

Yeah, I found those Letro Studies...I know they aren't perfect, but I feel that the abundance of evidence we have available to us supports Lion's claim that Letro will reverse (abrogate/destroy) gyno.

i havent resesarched letro that much, so both were good reads,my point is that if bro's cant get letro, there are other options,here's another, not on letro, but l dex

Safety and efficacy of anastrozole for the treatment of pubertal gynecomastia : a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial.

Plourde PV, Reiter EO, Jou HC, Desrochers PE, Rubin SD, Bercu BB, Diamond FB Jr, Backeljauw PF.

AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals LP, Chesapeake 2B-126, 1800 Concord Pike, P.O. Box 15437, Wilmington, Delaware 19850-5437, USA. [email protected]

Pubertal gynecomastia is thought to result from transient imbalances between estrogen and androgen concentrations. Anastrozole (ARIMIDEX ), a potent and selective aromatase inhibitor, decreases estrogen and increases testosterone concentrations in pubertal boys. The safety and efficacy of anastrozole for the treatment of pubertal gynecomastia were evaluated. In a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of 80 boys, aged 11-18 yr, with pubertal gynecomastia that had not reduced over a 3-month interval, subjects received either anastrozole (1 mg) or placebo once daily for 6 months. A response was defined as a 50% or greater reduction in the calculated volume of both breasts combined using ultrasonography measurements. A comparison of response rates was performed using logistic regression analysis. Secondary end points included changes in serum hormone concentrations. The percentage of patients with a response was 38.5% for the anastrozole group and 31.4% for the placebo group (odds ratio, 1.513; 95% confidence interval, 0.496-4.844; P = 0.47). At 6 months, the median percent change in the testosterone/estradiol ratio was 166% for the anastrozole group and 39% for the placebo group. Anastrozole treatment was well tolerated. In patients with pubertal gynecomastia, no significant difference in the percentage of patients with a 50% or greater reduction in total breast volume, as calculated from ultrasonography measurements, was demonstrated between the anastrozole and placebo groups.

I suspect that anyone on this board who can get Nolvadex , Arimidex , etc...can get Letro....

I assume we all buy it from the AR-R store (LION) right?

Also...letro is a better buy, IMO...you need less than you do of any other ancillary compound.

I suspect that anyone on this board who can get Nolvadex , Arimidex , etc...can get Letro....

I assume we all buy it from the AR-R store (LION) right?

Also...letro is a better buy, IMO...you need less than you do of any other ancillary compound.
    i have never ran letro, so i couldnt say what i like better, but i have had success with arimidex and nolva

Try letro...1-2 squirts/day is all you need....it's alot cheaper than the other compounds available, when you look at it like that.

Try letro...1-2 squirts/day is all you need....it's alot cheaper than the other compounds available, when you look at it like that.
    i'll look into it, but i have decent supply of l dex and nolva, hooked up a good 2 for 1 sale awhile back

peaker is offline Senior Member
    running 1.25mg EOD hopefully it will reverse whatever i have while i am on

fitnessguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peaker
    running 1.25mg EOD hopefully it will reverse whatever i have while i am on
    I was wondering if you were gonna respond
    Bump

peaker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fitnessguy
    I was wondering if you were gonna respond
    Bump
    all over this thread like a pitbull on a poodle..

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    I had a run in with a lump induced by some NPP in the nip i hadnt had surgery on...and i believe i can attest to letrozole helping to reverse and keep away the gyno. My body can handle an hrt dose through 1g of testosterone no problem, but when i started to play with nandrolone , got the feeling of no good. So, Npp was dropped asap and 1.25mg of lions letro, 200mg of b6, and 40-60mg of nolvadex ED went into place that next week and a half to two weeks. gyno hadnt shown up since. just a brief overview of one success story, and why having the proper ancillaries on hand can save you. plan ahead of time, every time.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    those studies do not say that it abbrogates gyno tissue, only that it abbrogates the symptoms of the genetic defect, so that's a bit of a misreading. The studies (with the exception of the one in pubescent boys that does not have a statistically significant variation from placebo) all relate to PREVENTION and not treatment of gyno.

We need to be careful not to make a blanket statement on this, but there definitely (vette, hooker, and others) have been anecdotal reports of AI's helping to reduce gyno.

I guess all i'm saying is that while it may work, and seems to have worked on some, don't be too disappointed if it doesn't work on you.

I sincerely hope that everyone that buys an AI for the purpose of reducing gyno has the best of luck, and the utmost success.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude-Man
    I guess all i'm saying is that while it may work, and seems to have worked on some, don't be too disappointed if it doesn't work on you.
    This is why it is so important to research and further understand one's own limitations and genetics. There is no one forumla or "magic pill" as most would love to invision. Guinea piggin', for lack of better words has to be done for your own benefit and trial and error so to speak. Sometimes you have to learn the hard way (I know i darn well have time and time again), now if i had learned more from the mistakes of others and had better prepared yrs ago, maybe i would be in a completely different place today (mind, body and soul )

I take studies done on various lab rats, placebo groups, schools in third world countries, etc with a grain of salt more or less. Personal and trusted feedback is key. You are right on, though. Dont be dissappointed if something worked for someone, then not on you. Goes back to understanding exactly what your body chemistry/homeostasis/etc is going through. Bottom line is being prepared and having a gameplan for a worse case senario should do no harm. Have your arsenal close by and know how to use it when and if the time should come.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    prevention beats the hell out of correction.

Quote Originally Posted by 956Vette
    This is why it is so important to research and further understand one's own limitations and genetics. There is no one forumla or "magic pill" as most would love to invision. Guinea piggin', for lack of better words has to be done for your own benefit and trial and error so to speak. Sometimes you have to learn the hard way (I know i darn well have time and time again), now if i had learned more from the mistakes of others and had better prepared yrs ago, maybe i would be in a completely different place today (mind, body and soul )

I take studies done on various lab rats, placebo groups, schools in third world countries, etc with a grain of salt more or less. Personal and trusted feedback is key. You are right on, though. Dont be dissappointed if something worked for someone, then not on you. Goes back to understanding exactly what your body chemistry/homeostasis/etc is going through. Bottom line is being prepared and having a gameplan for a worse case senario should do no harm. Have your arsenal close by and know how to use it when and if the time should come.

i just ran 1 g of test ew and used nolva 10 mgs ed and .25 mgs of l dex ed, and had no signs of gyno

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude-Man
    prevention beats the hell out of correction.
    Yes sir. I have been there and gone through both as a matter of fact.

i just ran 1 g of test ew and used nolva 10 mgs ed and .25 mgs of l dex ed, and had no signs of gyno
    Yup, take that experience and learn from it. Odds are you probably could have gotten away without any AI or serm combo, who knows?

Yes sir. I have been there and gone through both as a matter of fact.

Yup, take that experience and learn from it. Odds are you probably could have gotten away without any AI or serm combo, who knows?
    better safe than sorry, and it didnt effect my cycle

Blog Entries
    better safe than sorry, and it didnt effect my cycle
    It did, and it is great when you see bloodwork under several varations of medications Your blood pressure, lipid panel, cholesterol (and ratio), all probably thank you a little.

It did, and it is great when you see bloodwork under several varations of medications Your blood pressure, lipid panel, cholesterol (and ratio), all probably thank you a little.
    i meant hindering my gains

Thread Information