O.fO.shO is offline Member

BAD SHOT...advise

Ive done alot of shots before . I always shoot into my quad . Ive never had a problem before .

Well i shoot sunday morning , somtimes ill have slight pain when streching my muscle for a day or 2 , or from high BA . But this gear has been painless for the most part .

The area is all red for about a 5 inch diameter . It hurts , nothing unbearable . No bumps or lumps . Hurts to the touch , and when i move my leg .

Any thing to worry about , or should i go see a doc asap?

btw....i draw with one needle , then change needle to inject....before i incect i clean the alreadt sterile needle with an alcohol pad . And i clean the injection spot .

crane is offline Associate Member
    wow dude that sucks.

hasn't happened to me YET! but i am dreading the day.
    if it was me i would wait a day and see if it gets worse. if it starts to heal itself most likely your ok. if not tell the doc you left the window open at night and think you got bit by something.

i try never to touch the needle at all. i would just dip the needle into the bottle of alcohol. the sucky thing is i do use the same needle i draw with. i am sure i will pay for that someday.

Soup is offline Associate Member
    crane - it is fine to use the same needle just make sure you swab off the top of the vial befoire drawing, as well as your injection site.

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    You probably passed thru a vein/nerve or both. I wouldn't worry about it. That's very common with quad shots. Try taking a hot bath and massaging the injection site, and start hitting different area's for awhile..glutes/delts.

ire
    ire is offline Junior Member
    In the future, you should NOT touch or wipe the needle with anything!

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    Quote Originally Posted by ire
    I didn't catch that cuz I only read his first post. Yeah you shouldn't ever touch the needle with anything.

crane is offline Associate Member
    dam dude i thought i was the only one who hits nerves arteries and all that other crap in my quad. nice to see some else experiences the samething. i would love to do quad shots but it is just to much of a chance to take. way painful.

oh and yes i do make sure i wipe the top of the bottle everytime i draw out. i use cotton balls which kinda suck because there is a chance i can get a piece of cotton on the tip of the needle. that maybe also the cause of the inflamation to the leg. i have seen it a couple of time when i used to wipe the sterile needle down with alcohol saturated cotton ball. i would have to inspect the end of the needle before i jab. now just dip in bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by ire

Even with an alcohol pad? Its not cotton , its one of those prep pads , i bought a box of like 1,000 .

I thought i was being extra cautious . But i guess i wont do that anymore .

thx for the replys.....ill wait a few days and see how it looks .

Hed
    Hed is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by O.fO.shO
    Even with an alcohol pad? Its not cotton , its one of those prep pads , i bought a box of like 1,000 .

I thought i was being extra cautious . But i guess i wont do that anymore .

thx for the replys.....ill wait a few days and see how it looks .

Needles are 100% sterile when you open them. DONT touch them with even alcohol, no need to.

And for the record, i dont even do quad shots anymore, because 80% of the time i hit a nerve.

OneMoreSet is offline Associate Member
    yeah.. you dont ever ever wanna touch that needle... after you do its really not sterile anymore..

OMS

farrebarre is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by O.fO.shO
    btw....i draw with one needle , then change needle to inject....before i incect i clean the alreadt sterile needle with an alcohol pad . And i clean the injection spot .
    holy **** batman never touch the needle with anything, not even swabbing it with alcohol...!!!

Thread Information