TommyTrainR is offline Associate Member

O/T: Barry Bonds Press Conference

I don't know how many of you watched the Barry Bonds press conference today. It aired for about 45 mins. (Started at 5:30 PM Eastern). Just wanted to start some discussion on this guy. Now, I'm not a huge baseball fan, thus I haven't "truly" followed the WHOLE Barry Bonds steroids situation. From watching his press conference, it's quite obvious that he did use steroids . He was also very unprofessional and quite stupid during his press conference. It was as if he was high. I also found it ironic that he stated that this upcoming year is going to be the hardest for him to train for because of his knee injuries. Now I know knee injuries set you back, but did anyone else find this as an excuse because he stopped juicing due to the new testing rule coming up? My little conspiracy is that he's "prepping" everyone to expect less of him. He says it's from knee injuries, but I firmly believe it's because he stopped the juice. Just my opinions. Anyone else wants to share their thoughts?

LD_18 is offline Associate Member
    no i don't see it as an excuse at all, Barry Bonds is a hellava ball player wether he juices or not. i know for a fact that returnin from knee sugr, even if just on one knee is hard. but he had it on both this off season and at his age he rehab will b harder

Quote Originally Posted by LD_18
    no i don't see it as an excuse at all, Barry Bonds is a hellava ball player wether he juices or not. i know for a fact that returnin from knee sugr, even if just on one knee is hard. but he had it on both this off season and at his age he rehab will b harder
    That's true. I just found the whole press conference to be very interesting. He is a great baseball player, but I am however not satisifed with the way he conducted himself during the press conference.

Flynman is offline Associate Member
    At least Jason Giambi had the balls to admit his steroid use . For Barry Bonds to say he was give things by his trainer and never knew what it was is total Bull****. I'm sure 1/2 the league has used AAS so in retrospect it's not like Barry was cheating. It's only cheating if nobody else is doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flynman
    It's only cheating if nobody else is doing it.
    Words of wisdom!

yea i agree, he deff. knew that he was using gear, there is no way u can get like that and not know somethin

mtown is offline Junior Member
    i love barry. hes had that attitude since he got in the league. i could care less if he juices or not, hes one hell of a ball player. it takes alot more than juicing to be good. i know from experience. i played college ball and juiced, and i know 100's of other guys who have also. here i am at the computer,not playing at the next level.

i know all that from experience as well, i played college ball for a few yrs now i am in double A ball, juice does not make the player. ceritian skills u have to b born with and develop on ur own, nothin u can take that will give them to u...atleast not yet

ld thats badass dude. good luck with ball. my good buddy just got called up last year for the first time. stick with it!

thanks, what orgainzation is he in? if u don't mind me askin

phillies

Glock-19 is offline Banned
    Barry Bonds is a dumb mental miget. If your in the public's eye and you use steroids stfu about it and dont ruin it for the rest of us who use it responsibly. Same goes for Mcguire and Giambi. It just proves you dont have to be a genius to be an athlete. I mean how dumb are these guys? Baseball should get rid of any idiot who admits or gets busted for steroid use , then mabe we all wouldnt have to pay for thier dumb mistakes....JMO
    Last edited by Glock-19; 02-22-2005 at 08:22 PM.

JoeySpyda is offline Junior Member
    I read an article today in the post saying how Giambi finds Cansecos new book delusional, then the reporter goes on to talk about Giambis track record of lying about his own as use, and questions who is the delusional one? Well isnt Giambi the first one to admit his use of as? As opposed to some real liars who make up excuses to hide the fact then go on to break some records set by some really outstanding ball players, whether said person actually used them or not is in his own integrity. Theres really no way to prove whether they actually helped him break the records or not, but if they did then they should either take away those broken records or allow it in the league. I am not against as at all, just stating my opinion.

TicAl is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyTrainR
    I am however not satisifed with the way he conducted himself during the press conference.
    Bro, you'd get sick of it too if that's all you ever heard.

mtown, philles have a prety good farm league, tell ur friend i said good luck it aint easy, not everyoe can appreciate what he has accomplished. i can only hope i can get that call

Quote Originally Posted by Flynman
    At least Jason Giambi had the balls to admit his steroid use. For Barry Bonds to say he was give things by his trainer and never knew what it was is total Bull****. I'm sure 1/2 the league has used AAS so in retrospect it's not like Barry was cheating. It's only cheating if nobody else is doing it.
    I agree that it's b.s. Barry "didn't know" it was steroids . "I swear your honor! I didn't know that i was drinking vodka behind the wheel, i thought it was water!"

BUT, the reason why he DID lie i can completely understand. He lied b/c he knows what kinda **** today's society places on you if you admit it. Look at how people think and feel about Giambi for admitting it. At least Bonds doesn't hafta be thought of like that. IMO it's smart what he did, i would've done the same thing.

Stackertoo is offline Member
    I think what most people take issue with is the fact that Bonds is an arrogant ass-munch. I could give two ****s if he walks up to the plate with 12 syringes hanging out of every muscle. I don't want him to be a record holder because he acts like it is owed to him. With his Balco bill $$$, maybe he has paid for it. But, the fact remains, that he is just a self-centered prick and a ****ty teammate.
    I am running out of mean crap to say. I think I will go hit my Tren

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    i HATE HATE HATE barry bonds.

i hope either:

he is banned from baseball

they dont count his BS homeruns

every pitcher walks him EVERY ATBAT. i would love that!

arrogant FAGGOT

The only thing i didn't agree with that Bonds said was when he brought up race being an issue.

No, Barry, people don't not want you to break the record cuz your black. They don't want you to break the record because your a f@cking @sshole.

yea he is a jerk-off. i got the chance to talk to him one time and just the way he always had somethin smart to say to everyone's comment and how he seemed to think he was better than everyone else just got on my nerves. i mean i understand that to play this game u GOTTA have a little cockyness to u, u gotta know ur good in order to be good, but u gotta keep those toughts in and to yourself no need to be an a$$ to people when they just wanna ask u a question

JoeySpyda is offline Junior Member
    I couldn't agree with Stackertoo and Janzten4k more. Bonds is an arrogant **** and I could careless whether Giambi, Bonds, McGuire or any of them used anything. I just think if he used he should come clean and whatever baseball decides then they decide. I have a whole new respect for Giambi now, i'd rather know thats why he sat on the bench the whole 04 season and collected X amount of million dollars then some of the other lame excuses they came up with. I dont let the media dictate my feelings on how I percieve someone. Giambi has integrity and honor, I hope he has a great season this year so he can show everyone that he is a great baseball player, if they decide to play him.

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member

A little mad are we ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jantzen4k
    i HATE HATE HATE barry bonds.

i hope either:

he is banned from baseball

they dont count his BS homeruns

every pitcher walks him EVERY ATBAT. i would love that!

arrogant FAGGOT

So you hate bonds big deal .... he is still the best hitter ever ... possibly the best player ever ... the numbers dont lie ... U think he should be banned from baseball, well then there goes the whole league. If Bonds gets banned, then so does every player that has ever juiced, Along with all the racists, alcoholics, and wife-beaters (which is about half of the Hall of Fame). His HR's arent bs. If you have ever played baseball at a high level u would know that those kind of numbers are not made in the gym... that is natural ability ... and as far as everyone walking him ... the guy walked 232 times last year ... most ever in a season ... Barry Bonds has a reason to be arrogant ... the guy is just that **** good.

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    If you got accused of juicing ... would you admit it ??? Most likely the answer is no.

And to be in that position, with today's media that blows everything out of proportion, he handles himself well. He doesnt take **** from anyone and he keeps his mouth shut. Like he said, there is a certain code in baseball. What happens in the lockerroom or clubhouse or field ... stays there.

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    Bonds is arrogant no doubt. He doesnt get along with many people. regardless still today the hardest thing to do in any sport is to hit the ball off a major league pitcher. let alone hit a home run. it takes more than steroids to that. why is nobody accusing cal ripken of using steroids?? cause he is not is big as mac, sosa, bonds etc.. maybe thats how he played 5 million consecutive games thru injury and everything else. should they take that away from him too?? is it not possible cause he didnt hit homers all day long??

Thread Information