Sauced is offline Banned

Just Had Hernia Surgery! How long to lift again?

I'm sore as a mofo. How long did you guys have to wait to lift after your surgery? I have a cycle waiting for me!

Iowa is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauced
    I'm sore as a mofo. How long did you guys have to wait to lift after your surgery? I have a cycle waiting for me!

I'm not a doctor so I can't tell you bro. Why didn't you just ask your surgeon?

Sauced is offline Banned
    I've heard mixed feedback on this. He said 2 weeks but most people have said it took them longer. Just want some feedback.

Iowa is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauced
    I've heard mixed feedback on this. He said 2 weeks but most people have said it took them longer. Just want some feedback.

Well, if it were me, I wouldn't try to lift anything until I felt 100%. However, if I felt 100% after 1 week, I would still wait until week 2. JMO

XxElitexX is offline Senior Member
    I agree with Iowa. Listen to your body...but even if you feel good after 1 week....wait the 2 weeks. Just my .02

bmwrob is offline Member
    Better safe then sorry. I'd wait.

dtr98 is offline Member
    just had surgery on 10/6 for an Inguinal hernia and a Umbilical hernia. had no pain at all, only knew about the umbilical one, doc found the other, said i had about a 2" hole but during surgery found it to be about 5". as far as lifting you're not going to feel like it as it hurts like a mofo. this is the 6th day after still some pain, get staples out on 10/14, looking at 6 wks recovery, i'll find out about lifting light

he said i could start off light after 11/18/04.
    started light for a few wks and maybe about 4wks after that was 30% from my max weight when i left off.

just take it slow and see how you feel, the last thing you want is to tear something and have he cut you open again

Thread Information