devilscabanaboy19 is offline Associate Member

keeping muscle while cutting

I know it's kind of a paradox but just wanna know what you guys do to keep muscle while cutting. I have been cutting up for about 3 weeks now and have made pretty good progress but I can tell I'm losing a shit load of muscle. Comments and advice are appreciated.

D00fy is offline Anabolic Member
    eat lots of protein, 2lb of protein per bodyweight i would say,so if your 200lbs get 400lbs

also supplement with glutamine preworkout and postworkout

PunkRawk is offline Member
    any dht analogue or dirivative...kyno may work....seemed to have worked for me....fina and test also....

are you retarded??? 2lbs per bodyweight?? 2 grams maybe....but that is rather high and might not be worth it....

Originally posted by D00fy
    eat lots of protein, 2lb of protein per bodyweight i would say,so if your 200lbs get 400lbs

also supplement with glutamine preworkout and postworkout

I think that's what he meant....

I eat around anywhere from 200-230 grams of protein a day, kinda hard to down 400 grams with work and school.

i eat 300g protein a day

oops i meant 2gram of protein per bodyweight

what's your diet/training regimine there doofy?

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    i eat 300g protein a day
    Damn doof, that's alot of protein for a little guy...You will grow like hell though. Keep it up naturally bro and train hard.

Peace

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    I heard 1-1.5 g per pound of body weight is sufficient if you can't manage 2g...

CarbonCopy is offline Member
    i eat 300g protein a day

Man I need to change my diet.. I have a hard time getting 150g of protein per day..... I weigh 188lbs so I should be getting 225g of protein per day?? That is hard to do.... What do your diets look like? Feel free to pm if you'd like.

Peace,
    CC

gymnut4u is offline Member
    you need 1.5 per lb of body weight if natural , if on (as) 2 -2.5 per lb should be good , dam doofy is post happy ,j/k bro !

the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    doofy what happens to excess protein not utilised by the body ? if u r cutting down on carbs as u would be when cutting and not on an aas cycle please fill us all in?

peace

protein that isn't utilized by the body is either passed through excrement or stored as fat I believe.

yes sarcasm sorry guys what im trying to say is excessprotein not utilised will be turned to fat so i wouldnt over load on 400g per day if u r not on a cycle and even then i wouldnt go much higher you have to find whats right 2g per lb of body weight is to much im currently 3 weeks into a diet cardio ed xen ed 30mg var only cos i had to stop cycle which was fina/prop/var due to injury im taking in 240 g protein im 220 now started at 240 measurments chest arms still the same waist lost 2.5" so far so it looks like its working and not losing much muscle.

peace
    jason

nice

preach on my brothas!!

a-bombz is offline New Member
    Originally posted by CarbonCopy

Man I need to change my diet.. I have a hard time getting 150g of protein per day..... I weigh 188lbs so I should be getting 225g of protein per day?? That is hard to do.... What do your diets look like? Feel free to pm if you'd like.

Peace,
    CC
    its not as hard as you think man...heres how you could do if you dont have the opporutunity to eat often throughout the day....i make a protein shake in the morning in the blender with 2 scoops and i use like half a quart of whole milk.....the powder comes out to 46 grams of protein and the total in the milk is somethin like another 40 grams...so 2 shakes a day(one in morning and one post workout) would in theory give you 172 grams of protein,plus what you eat during the day could easily give you the 225g your looking for in your diet.and this concludes my introduction to the board.hope to be here for the long term....peace

a-bombz is offline New Member
    i forgot about the original question.........the best thing you can do to keep your muscle while cutting is to make sure your satisfying your protein/lean body weight quota and supplement hmb and glutamine...the hmb can get expensive but ive had great results with it while cutting myself....peace

excess protein during cutting gets used up as energy because you dont have enough carbohydrates ,so the body turns to fat or protein,so fat is also important in a diet becausee it controls our hormonal system and other body functions.......guys/gals u might not believe me on this but i actually put some LBM just by eating 300-400protein a day 60-70gram fat and 150of complex carbs.........but i do rest alot so that can be the fact its helping me out, and remember i was one fat mofo before that other pic so dont think it was OVER NIGHT PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i eat alot of protein cause MAN EAT STEAK!!!!!!!!!!! and its f**kin good

another thing to add half the time PROTEIN WONT TURN TO FAT,if your calories are in check,and half the time its pissed out,protein shakes u think u get all 22grams absorbed??

Just my opinion
    Last edited by D00fy; 03-28-2002 at 09:20 AM.

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    yep as stated 2g per lbs of bodyweight is good goal, also use some gear when cutting to help hold onto your hard earned muscle, your bound to lose a bit, but goal is not to lose any.

NightOp is offline Member
    you have to keep in mind that the body (average person) can only absorb about 30-35 grams of protein in one sitting... so drinking 45 gram shakes will result in you pissing out the excess (if its whey protein that is)...

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    F**king A...

Here was a post that had some potential, a question that I was interested in--and obviously one that devilscabanaboy19 was interested too.

However D00fy showed up and it became a stage for him to wag his toungue and spout nonsense--and for people to give him (albeit rightfully deserved) shit for beiong an ignorant fool.

Unfortunately, the question devilscabanaboy19 asked got lost in there somewhere.

For all our sakes D00fy, SHUT THE F**K UP!

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    NightOP i disaggree on the 40g at one time thing, think as your body becomes used to it, you can eat more in one sitting. Also it's better to piss out a bit extra than not have enought. I think so.

night op there is no reasearch and many threads if u do a search that contradict what u say, amounts of protein have been discussed many times and no one has ever come up with any conclusive evidence about how much it is personally i take in 50-60 sometimes and have no problems, doofy where do u get ur info?

peace

this nutritionist at the gym told me ,and a few juicers at the gym also stated that 1.5-2g per body weight is good .And i might not be 100% about protein absorption from protein shakes,but in a sense i feel u get half the amount of protein from shakes,that real food is better, J M O

also IMO protein varies per individual,cause if u lift like 3x a week 1gram protein per bw is good enough but if you train hard and 5x a week than up the protein thats how i see it, JMO

yes real food is better yes i tend to agree about protein shakes i try to get a mixture of fish, chicken breast, egg white and protein shakes per day so mixture of aminos, sometimes a steak. As for people who work in gyms cant ever say I have met one whos known anything

peace

hehe yah i agree, but i think protein/carb consumption also falls onto the individual,its % that they have to experiment with,if they feel their loosing muscle than up the protein if they feel fatigue either up the fat or carbs,,,,,,,,,IMO i guess the thread starter should experiment with his diet and see what works for him ,

i disagree with NightOp as well but it depends on different factors. Protein absorbtion can be aided by the intake of fiber (wether it be supplemented or in natural foods). Also I have heard that Whey does leave your body rather quickly so I usually down it with other foods to slow the process down. I am currently consuming around 125-150 grams of carbs a day with about 200-225g of protein, limited fat, and I also make sure I get enough fiber with every meal. Before my farts used to smell WAY bad but once I uped fiber they got better. I think fiber is way underrated as a macronutrient and should be part of everyone's diet wether they train or not.

toddy is offline Junior Member
    If cutting, at least 300 grams of protein slpit up between 6 or
    more meals. No more than 100-125 carbs, all in the first few meals
    and some post workout. You should be eating clean enough
    where we shouldn't have to talk about fat grams. Simple enough.

doofy dieting doesn't always mean carb restriction.....diet means low low calorie eatting which means a lower protein intake...or low carbs and descent protein intake...sometimes i don't understant people when they talk about dieting...kyno seems to be a pretty good aid in the diet arsenal....it seems to spare muscle mass from being catabolized while low cal(starvation) dieting...

Kid Shred is offline Member
    I hit 1-1.5 grams per bodyweight, when I'm cutting so....... usually 215 -315 grams and my protein sources are Fish,Egg whites,Chicken Breasts,Lean Grnd turkey,and Venison on occasion when I can get it.I'm a Keto-Dieter during the inseason, so my carbs are fairly low, but when i do indulge I take small portions from yams,brown rice , and sometimes Penne Pasta. This has helped me in the past preserve most of my muscle durin' dieting.Hope it helps. .02

that's pretty good advice...keto-dieter during inseason?? while on AAS?? do you ever grow??

Originally posted by Kid Shred
    I hit 1-1.5 grams per bodyweight, when I'm cutting so....... usually 215 -315 grams and my protein sources are Fish,Egg whites,Chicken Breasts,Lean Grnd turkey,and Venison on occasion when I can get it.I'm a Keto-Dieter during the inseason, so my carbs are fairly low, but when i do indulge I take small portions from yams,brown rice , and sometimes Penne Pasta. This has helped me in the past preserve most of my muscle durin' dieting.Hope it helps. .02

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    bla i was small and was chunking 250-300 grams of protein a day...with good carbs..that was good for all of 4 lbs =\..then i met my pal AAS

Thread Information