user7051112 is offline New Member

Oxandrin (Anavar) Cycle

I have 180 10mg tabs. This should give me enough for 30mg a day for 8 weeks. I have been doing research on this board and others online. It seems like 25mg a day is the standard dosage, with some people going up to 40mg a day. This is my first cycle of any type.

I have read that it is suggested to incorporate test into the cycle for maximum effects.

I currently weigh 180 lbs at approx 11% - 12% BF. What do you think my end result will be at the end of the 8 week cycle in terms of weight and BF % if I take the Oxandrin straight up AND also if I incorporate test into the the cycle?

Lasty do you think I am better off at 40mg a day for 6 weeks instead?

Need advice. I have been mainly looking at the link below.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/catanavar.htm

LB55blitz is offline Devote Avril Lavigne Fan
    The average dose for anavar is more like 50mg ED, some people go up past 100mg ED.

Zennie is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LB55blitz
    The average dose for anavar is more like 50mg ED, some people go up past 100mg ED.
    I don't think that's the average. More like 30-40mg/day. If really his is oxandrin, then it should be more accurately dosed. I have a feeling that those people who use very high dosages (not all but maybe a good majority) use powders or other underground sources which may underdose their gear.

25mg of anavars from body research thailand ED worked pretty well, and I have had 3 cycles or so previously and have used a lot of AAS before. If he is using it for the first time, 30mg ED should be sufficient. He is also 180 lb, not 250lbs or above.

Back to your question, I believe with 30mg for 8 week and assuming you are eating a bit more than your maintenance calories, you should put anywhere from 5-10 lbs of lean muscle mass. If you stacked test to it, at 500mg/week, you'd probably gain anywhere from 10 lbs - 20 lbs. Basically double your gains, but maybe you may lose a bit more from the test because of water retention unless you're taking an AI and nolvadex , then the water weight shouldn't be too much of a difference. With or without test, you still must do proper PCT.

olederndirt is offline Junior Member
    I'm running 40mg QV for 8 weeks. Into 5th week right now. Nice results with little to no sides.I'm close to you in weight and size. Enjoy!

Zennie is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by olederndirt
    I'm running 40mg QV for 8 weeks. Into 5th week right now. Nice results with little to no sides.I'm close to you in weight and size. Enjoy!
    Nice results means? How much weight have you put on the the last 4 weeks? Are you only using Vars?

***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    remember: var is a steroid for quality gains, not large quantities. if u wanna bulk up and gain 20 pounds, this is the wrong steroid for u.

Hard to say exact weight gain. Noticable hardness with solid abs. I would venture to say 4 lbs. net. However, I'v got diet down and workouts strict. And yes, Var only. Pumps during workout can be a bit@@!

To clarify what I have is the legit Oxandrin...

http://www.oxandrin.com/

It is normally prescribed to AIDS / Cancer patients who are degenerating and need to keep on weight / muscle. I understand it is just the latest incarnation of Anavar , however it is supposed to be high quality as it is produced by a major US lab.

5-10 lbs of lean muscle mass with no water retention sounds good to me. I am not interested in 20 lbs gains.

Olederndirt what did you mean when you were mentioning pumps during your workout while on this?

Other than vascularity, another thing is the over pumped up muscles from hard workout. My forearms wanted to explode on chest day, to the point they hurt.Others have also noticed this. I did not notice any real effects of the var until after week 3. If you have good Var, you will not be disappointed.

thebrakes is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by olederndirt
    Hard to say exact weight gain. Noticable hardness with solid abs. I would venture to say 4 lbs. net. However, I'v got diet down and workouts strict. And yes, Var only. Pumps during workout can be a bit@@!
    trying to figure out what the advantage is to var versus, say...MOHN? similar gains, virtually no sides. thoughts?

Mealticket is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zennie

Back to your question, I believe with 30mg for 8 week and assuming you are eating a bit more than your maintenance calories, you should put anywhere from 5-10 lbs of lean muscle mass. If you stacked test to it, at 500mg/week, you'd probably gain anywhere from 10 lbs - 20 lbs. Basically double your gains, but maybe you may lose a bit more from the test because of water retention unless you're taking an AI and nolvadex, then the water weight shouldn't be too much of a difference. With or without test, you still must do proper PCT.
    First off you need wayyy more than " a bit" more than your maintenance calories. Bump that up to @ least an additional 25% of your BMR. And no ones going to be able to tell you how much Muscle you're gonna put on. He doesnt know who you are, your training history, your diet, your commitment..........thats like listen to the guy next to you at the roulette table as to which # to put your $$$ on. i'd go the last 6 weeks of your cycle w/ var and yes, use test as a base!

kaorialfred is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by user7051112
    To clarify what I have is the legit Oxandrin...

http://www.oxandrin.com/

It is normally prescribed to AIDS / Cancer patients who are degenerating and need to keep on weight / muscle. I understand it is just the latest incarnation of Anavar , however it is supposed to be high quality as it is produced by a major US lab.

5-10 lbs of lean muscle mass with no water retention sounds good to me. I am not interested in 20 lbs gains.

Olederndirt what did you mean when you were mentioning pumps during your workout while on this?

I ran it over the winter and it was the same brand.
    I'm 267 and I stayed there while on Ox. The stuff was okay but the vascularity became very noticeble after the fact. I have tried 20 to 60 mg during my trial run. I think I would go higher than that if my liver allowed it.

Didn't notice pumps but my abs were starting to come out. I like var but the period of lethargy sucked.

If its true BTG Oxandrin...30mg/ED will be plenty especially being your first cycle. BTGs are absolutely thee best var on the planet....very pure and acurately dosed. I think the var/test e would be a good solid cycle for a newbie.

Results will be dependant on your dietary and training habits. In other words....don't expect to grow without working for it.

Its almost a shame that your first var expirience will be with BTGs. You will have never cycled any other kind to compare the difference. LOL

tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    i would add some test with the var, and 50mg/day is a better dose IMO.

Sounds good. I am not expecting gains for free. I plan on eating / lifting correctly. Should I stick to the same dosage every day for the entire 8 week cycle...or should I ramp up and then down?

If I did only cycle the oxandrin could I avoid doing PCT? I have read conflicting posts / data on this.

Also, if was only cycling the oxandrin would I be better with 40MG a day for 6 weeks or 30MG a day for 8 weeks?

***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    then better 30mg for 8 weeks. no way to avoid pct...why would u anyways? ramping makes no sense...

Quote Originally Posted by ***xxx***
    then better 30mg for 8 weeks. no way to avoid pct...why would u anyways? ramping makes no sense...

I agree!!!!!

Its not a good idea to run the var alone. Stick with the same dose for the entire 8wk cycle....no sense in tapering. 30mg/ED of BTGs will be enough. Throw some test e in there at 500mg/wk and you will be very pleased.

Thread Information