Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    killagorilla187 is offline Associate Member

planet fitness:worst gym ever, dont even think of signing up

I only chose this gym because of the low price, $10 month.

But they are prejidice towards strong individuals, muscle heads, steroid users.

They only have 80lb dbs because they dont want big guys scaring others.

They have a policy about dropping dbs and gruning, signs all over the place, right in front of the db rack.

Today i was doing shoulder presses with the 80s and i brought them down to my waist and dropp them controlled.

The guy who owns the place confronts me and tells me i cant do that. Im so pissed, he was like your going to break my dbs. wtf!
    sorry if this is the wrong section but ppl have to know not to go here.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    pussies

Ammar is offline Senior Member
    What city is this gym in?

well i go to one around new haven area in connecticut.

but planet fitness is all over the country i think.

http://planetfitness.com/

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    pussies
    Yupp

josh8416 is offline Associate Member
    ya i would find another gym. i go to 24 hour fitness and i like the gym, doesnt matter if u drop db's and they have 150s

GetPumped is offline Senior Member
    Yah bro 24 hour fitness gym's are amazing. I went to one in Texas and it was three stories tall and had EVERYTHING you could think of.

Odin is offline Member
    The only way around that junk is buy them Olimpic style dumbell handles, and slip 25's on each side. 3 25's on each side comes out to 161 pounds dumbell's but you'll need spotters as they are a b*tch to kick up to your chest.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    There's a World Gym here that's like that.

Don't grunt...

WTF?!

Find another gym bro...if you can afford it

Hugh-Hefner's-Son is offline Associate Member

lol

I go to planet fitness as well. I am near the same area as you. Their policies suck. They have a rule that if you dont rerack your weights or drop dumbells, your membership gets revoked. So, their is this wieght cleanup boy that follows me around to see if I rerack the weights.

I filled today and yelled at him, freaking gimp !

nate3422 is offline Member
    ha ha what a bunch of fags

jaffry20 is offline Member
    hahahah agreed, fukin pussy gyms, that's just a disgrace to the word body building, gyms like that should be SHUT THE FUK DOWN. Can't grunt, I fukin grunt as loud as I want and drop as much weight as I want, they gotta problem id be glad to discuss it. 10 bucks definetly find a new gym, but before you do, fukin piss them off, go in there drop all the heaviest weights around, grunt as loud as you can, just piss them off.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh-Hefner's-Son
    I go to planet fitness as well. I am near the same area as you. Their policies suck. They have a rule that if you dont rerack your weights or drop dumbells, your membership gets revoked. So, their is this wieght cleanup boy that follows me around to see if I rerack the weights.

haaha

ya theres always these attendents looking around the gym and seeing what im doing.
    I go to the one in orange.

Hugh-Hefner's-Son is offline Associate Member

lol

I just want to be like , you biotch, pick up weights and clean the gym, stop following me around bell boy. I wish this guy would come at me, lol, he thinks he is big cause he works at the gym. I'd break his arm in two seconds...

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    Dont sign up to a fitness spa and you wont have any more problems.

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by killagorilla187
    I only chose this gym because of the low price, $10 month.

But they are prejidice towards strong individuals, muscle heads, steroid users.

They only have 80lb dbs because they dont want big guys scaring others.

They have a policy about dropping dbs and gruning, signs all over the place, right in front of the db rack.

Today i was doing shoulder presses with the 80s and i brought them down to my waist and dropp them controlled.

The guy who owns the place confronts me and tells me i cant do that. Im so pissed, he was like your going to break my dbs. wtf!
    sorry if this is the wrong section but ppl have to know not to go here.

THATS GAY!

Quote Originally Posted by jaffry20
    hahahah agreed, fukin pussy gyms, that's just a disgrace to the word body building, gyms like that should be SHUT THE FUK DOWN. Can't grunt, I fukin grunt as loud as I want and drop as much weight as I want, they gotta problem id be glad to discuss it. 10 bucks definetly find a new gym, but before you do, fukin piss them off, go in there drop all the heaviest weights around, grunt as loud as you can, just piss them off.

hahhhahha

one day i was trying to push 275 over my head standing up, im 6'5, I almost got it up but couldnt get it, so i just dropped it behind my head. It made the loudest noise. I picked it up real fast and starting doing shrugs.

the whole staff and owner came out looking to see what happened.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    you're going to break my dumbells
    I almost fell out of my chair laughing at that one.

insanepump621 is offline Member
    Yo i go to the one in hamden or branford... around that area and they have 100 dbs and they have a lunk alarm they call it if someone grunts or sumthin it goes off yet to see it happen thou... but gym has a couple big dudes in and you should try the one in hamden its not as bad as the one you go to it is cheap and i can tan whenever i want which is always nice. Branford isnt bad too but most of the ppl there spend more time looking in the mirror then lifting weights

tantan350 is offline Junior Member
    Haha, Planet Fitness looks small and ghey...well the one in Union, NJ at least. On the flip side it's in a shopping plaza with a Costco (protein/steaks/salmon in bulk) and a strip club next door called Shooters 22. I'm a NY Sports Clubs guy myself. The TV/radio in front of EVERY cardio machine is great!! Kinda pricey though. Normal rates are $70'ish but my friend who's was a personal trainer there got me a VIP Gold membership (friends and family deal) for $48, month to month no commitment. Peace all...
    Last edited by tantan350; 01-26-2005 at 10:39 PM.

Stackertoo is offline Member
    Sorry for the hijack...At my old gym they briefly hired some old man to keep the plates racked. All he did was roam around the gym looking to **** with people. We would have racked them anyway, but we left the plates on the bar on purpose after he yelled at us like some kind of drill sergaent. I don't respond well to that approach.
    We referred to him as the "plate nazi".

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    haaha

ya theres always these attendents looking around the gym and seeing what im doing.
    I go to the one in orange.
    How weird is that bro, i go to that same gym in orange.. i also have a membership at LA fitness..
    planet fitness price is good. ****ty rules but the other people that workout there are pretty cool..

Strictly Business is offline New Member
    well i go to one around new haven area in connecticut.

but planet fitness is all over the country i think.

http://planetfitness.com/

prettty close to me u mean its in Orange CT?

Quote Originally Posted by phatmark
    How weird is that bro, i go to that same gym in orange.. i also have a membership at LA fitness..
    planet fitness price is good. ****ty rules but the other people that workout there are pretty cool..

I just joined LA and i still have a membership at Planet but im waiting for it to end. . . . I went to Planet last Sunday and they werent open ended up going to LA for a tour and joined

Quote Originally Posted by Strictly Business
    I just joined LA and i still have a membership at Planet but im waiting for it to end. . . . I went to Planet last Sunday and they werent open ended up going to LA for a tour and joined
    its a decent place, it offers alot (pool, raquet ball, basketball) for the money

when do u normaly go?

and i used to like Planet before the started all that BS when it was Worlds it was nice, and they didnt even fix the steam room whats that about

ChrisB is offline Junior Member
    I also go to planet fitness and they are a bunch of pricks. When I first stated going I was happy with the price and there was alot of tail, now it's just beat bitches and pussies... I'm switching gyms as soon as I get a letter saying I moved so I don't have to pay the cancellation fee of $250 or whatever it is.

ManzNumero1 is offline Member
    lotta ppl from Fairfield county in here, does anyone hit The Edge up

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    I got kicked out at one my very first time there. I was just trying it out as it was openfor only 1 month. I just wanted another place to go on the weekends because my gym was fantastic and pricey had no plans on leaving. I do not grunt often or evan loud when I do and after about a hour I was doing db one arm rows with I think was 80lbs. I did grunt a little then dropped the weight but not really hard. The staff came over to me & told me to leave! No warning at all and boy I was dumbfounded, never been kicked out of a gym before! That was 4 yrs ago. Strange now I moved and had to join them again because nothing else is around me. Not too bad here but cannot wait till April because I know a guy(from PF) who is opening a new Golds 12miles away!! bye bye

how long do you think the planet fitness in Orange will stay open?

insanepump621 is offline Member
    Yo why dont you guys try the one in hamden... where i go the other day we had all these bodybuilding dudes and a camera crew was there and taking pictures and what not and interviews its a little bit more serious probably then the one in orange... and you get some hotties from southern ct college

Maybe ill check it out, have been going to LA I enjoy the change up

Soup is offline Associate Member
    christ I just signed up for the one down in Stamford. i am sick of the size and the lack of weights/ kids who work the desk and think their **** don't stink, walking around and they expect you rto get out of their way. I will have to investigate the weight situation before cancelling the NYSC

awesome to hear you that you guys know what im talking about.

So who needs a workout partner!
    My friend just went back to college and im out of luck for now.

Quote Originally Posted by phatmark

hahaah i think i may of ran into you at supplement city, or it maybe was someone else. I went in there and bought a 5lber of whey the other day and asked for an application.

Do you get any discounts for working there?

9000rpm is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh-Hefner's-Son
    They have a rule that if you dont rerack your weights or drop dumbells, your membership gets revoked. So, their is this wieght cleanup boy that follows me around to see if I rerack the weights.

So are you saying that you don't put your weights up that you have used?

If so, I hate people like you. That has to be the most lazy and inconsiderate thing to do in a gym. What is so hard about putting the weight back when you are done with it? I have no problem with throwning down the weights, I do it too. But I re-rack all my weights when I'm done. And I also correct people that I see that don't re-rack their weights.

Muscle_4_Hire is offline Associate Member
    You better be careful when doing deadlifts then... better, stack it up to 400 lbs and write "**** OFF" on the back of your shirt. My gym is run by a competitive bodybuilder so theres a no nonsense approach to everything. Lift big, eat big, get big. You're better off pumpin iron in your garage bro.

hahaah i think i may of ran into you at supplement city, or it maybe was someone else. I went in there and bought a 5lber of whey the other day and asked for an application.

Do you get any discounts for working there?
    haha.. ya i remember you.. i think it was monday you came in.. lol that kinda funny...

discount is only 15%. it sucks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information