Thread: Young'un

Rukkus is offline Junior Member

Young'un

I just want to say that i have been reading the messages on this board for a long time now. I feel that i have gained a lot of information from this site and i am glad to be a part of it. I am only 17 but i really do feel like i have the experiance of a somone that is 23. i am 5'11'' 175 pounds 11% B/F i owe alot of my sucess to you guys and i cant wait to learn more and grow more.
    Thanks guys. do you know any 17 year old that can bench 305??

SolidRock is offline Junior Member
    no. but I know a 16 year old that can bench 345, keep tryin bro.

jssmc is offline Associate Member
    Football player I know from the gym benched 405 twice. I was fucking amazed. Pretty damn good. He was 16 at the time.

Iwan2bsolid2 is offline Senior Member
    345? Damn young bastards! Welcome Rukkus!

quess i will have to keep trying!!

Mike Guest
    That's cold - 305 is something to be proud of brother - good for you

welcome back to the board

Yeah bro,
    Thats real good. What have you taken. Hopefully its all natural man. You are still young. When I was 17, I broke the bench record at my school with 335. I was natural. Your almost there bro. Lift hard and good luck.
    Jssmc

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    welcome young iron brother.......................enjoy...............

peace bb79

Cynical is offline Associate Member
    Your 17 weigh 175 and bench 305, damn man good job, how the hell is that possible haha, im 170 and bench around 245 and i thought i was doin okay for my weight, i need to work harder i guess

big_guy is offline Associate Member
    405 twice?? bet he weighed alot more than 175.

but a friend of mine is 5'5 170 (solid as rock, and probly 7% bf) bench presses 305.

im kinda like cynical. haha ... im 160 and bench 235. but i guess that's why i like workin my legs better.. lol..

Yeah,
    He was 6'1 or so and about 230. He was all juiced up. Started at 15. He is a good guy. Just had his priortities in the wrong place. I was natural and was 6'4 200 and benched the 335. Just good genes I guess. Actually, I power cleaned 280 and squated 455. While everyone was partying and taking drugs, I was lifting. I give this kid a lot of credit. Bet he works his ass off.
    Jssmc

Update on the Bench press boys.
    I hit 325 today. i only did it once and i was really hyped up on red bull sports drink plus i was pissed that someone lifted more than me! anyways i wouldnt mind posting some pics of myself so i could get some imput for future improvement.
    Keep your eyes peeled for my post.

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    my soph year in college i clean and jerked 375 twice and power snatched 295. since we're comparing accomplishments, i fgured i'd through mine in

Hey dane,
    I was in high school brother and all natural. Good job but I'd match you man. How much you bench back then.
    Jssmc

BullDogg20 is offline Member
    not to flam anyone here or disrepect anyone here at all

But i hoenestl find it a little hard to belive that any 16 year old can bench 350 or even an insane 400 lbs.
    i was reading on a sight that teens power lifting at the national level at 170 lbs approx are doing like 280 lbs and this is 18 to 20 year olds or somthing like that.

i have trained with alot of strong guys in thelast few years. and i only new one guy at 17 that could press 315 lbs naturaly
    he was also 260 lbs foot ball player

when i was 17 i was benching about 240 but not consistetly, now at almost 21 i bench 350 lbs for 1 rep

i dont know! this is just a little to much for me to belive that any 16 year old or 17 year old can come any where close the 350 barrier let along the 400 big boy era.

anyways no disrepect intended

BullDogg20

hey bulldog. see there is a BIG differene between compitition lifts and what most everybody else does. At meets like that, the lifter must go down slow, and make a complete stop of the bar on the chest, and hold it there until the judge says he can lift it. usually this time period is only about once second.. and also, there is strict rules about other body parts moving, the only thing that can move is your arms.. u can't turn your head, arch back, wiggle legs.. nothing!..

oh, and since we are comparing accomplishments, im 160 pounds and squat 405.

oh, and since we are comparing accomplishments, im 160 pounds and squat 405. [/B][/QUOTE]

>>ASS TO FLOOR?

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Im 900lbs and can bench 30lbs for 20,000reps beat that!!

Welcome to the board bro and thats a good bench for your stats keep it up your doing well

Billy

no ass not to floor. but it was by compitition standards.. which are, the top of the leg at the hip must become level with or below the top of the knee... it's a legit compitition squat. =) =)

Originally posted by BullDogg20
    not to flam anyone here or disrepect anyone here at all

But i hoenestl find it a little hard to belive that any 16 year old can bench 350 or even an insane 400 lbs.
    i was reading on a sight that teens power lifting at the national level at 170 lbs approx are doing like 280 lbs and this is 18 to 20 year olds or somthing like that.

i have trained with alot of strong guys in thelast few years. and i only new one guy at 17 that could press 315 lbs naturaly
    he was also 260 lbs foot ball player

when i was 17 i was benching about 240 but not consistetly, now at almost 21 i bench 350 lbs for 1 rep

i dont know! this is just a little to much for me to belive that any 16 year old or 17 year old can come any where close the 350 barrier let along the 400 big boy era.

anyways no disrepect intended

BullDogg20

None Taken. Lots of people are blown away to see young people acheive high lifts even when they dont weight so much. And no i did not win on a national level but i did on a provincial level. twice actually and in two provinces.
    first time i was sixteen and i was 160 and i benched 245. the next year i was 180 and i benched 295. I is a lot different to do it a the gym and in a competition. as Big_Guy said you canot move anything but your hand and the judge tells you when to lift you must stop the bar on your chest pause for about 2 seconds and then lift again.

In my town where football and sports are life, lifting is huge too. My buddy was 18 and natural. He is only 5'9 and about 180. He lifted 375. I benched 265 pounds at a lifting competetiton for football when I was 15 years old. naturally went from 185 to 265 in that one year. At out big rival school, it was not uncommon for guys to be over 300 as juniors and seniors.(17-18) Anyway, if you have the dedication and the genes, then many things are possible naturally. Oh yeah, I now bench just over 400 for one rep. I just squatted 500 10 times at the gym the other day and can power clean 300+. I only have one cycle under my belt. Im now 6'4, 249lbs. Almost to 250! Yeah baby! And i'm pretty fucking cut.
    Jssmc

Mike Guest
    Remember guys - it is NOT about numbers alone - it's proportion to weight - and yes it is possible - when I was 16-17 years old I benched 355lbs.....not the best bench - but I was only 165-170lbs - so weight proportionally it was a very good acheivement - I mean for those of you 220+ - picture benching over twice your weight....

So I think the number in relation to your WEIGHT is more important than the number itself

damn you guys!! how the hell do you do that? i havent tried in awhile but i've never been able to bench 315, and I have a massive chest, 315 is my goal. i never use the flat bench though, i always use dumbells. i gotta see if i can get up 315 you guys are pissen me off with your 355's and 400's...WTF? damn bastards j/k.

Agreed Mike,
    I have respect for the guys lighter than me. Hey, by the way. Put on some muscle you lightweights! LOL. JK-keep up the work fellas!
    Jssmc

BullDogg20 is offline Member
    hahah

man i thought i was doing good at 350 at 178 lbs.
    damn you guys should be proud of such high accomplishmenst

damn, damn, damn!

Bulldogg20, 178> 350? FAHQ! I'm pushing 190lbs back up from 165 this summa I'm going to push up 315 x3 next chest day. WTF are you guys eatin?> STEEL?

_SOLID

like mike said, pure numbers don't mean shit. it's about the percentages.. at my old high school we had zones that we could get into. they involved the three maine lifts we did (bench, squat, and power clean). if the max of all three of the lifts added together were higher than a certain percentage then u reached that zone. the zones looked like this.

white zone - 4.5 times body weight
    red zone - 5.5 times body weight
    black zone - 6 times body weight

i personally reached the red zone.. =) yay... and only one person ever at our school reached the black zone..

to give an example on figureing the zone. i'll use myself when i was in school.

bench - 205 clean - 225 squat 385
    i weighed 145 or 146 can't remember.
    so 205+225+385=815 divided by body weight (146) = 5.582

peace.

Thread Information