Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    dazbo's Avatar
    dazbo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,409

    are Steroids 100% anticatabolic??

    In a post I made a while aog, someone mentioned that the steroids would stop catabolism 100%.

    I would like some more info on this please.

    I was wondering whether, while on this sus/deca stack for bulking, can I go low on cals at the end couple of weeks and really hit the cardio (And weights) in order to burn some fat while keeping muscle ??

    Thanks

    Darren

  2. #2
    BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    barbados
    Posts
    6,418
    Some steroids can bind to the catabolic glucocorticoid hormone receptors inhibiting their actions. (Toxicol Sci. 2002 Dec;70(2):202-11.15) as for the % I don't know. Nandrolone and testosterone directly burns fat as well.

  3. #3
    j martini is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    924
    Of course steroids are not 100% anti catabolic if that where the case you could get ready for a contest eating zero cals 4 hours of cardio a day and no weight training and as long as you were on steroids you would keep all your muscle.

  4. #4
    A_Pro's Avatar
    A_Pro is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    125
    With that methodology -- just starve yourself and you won't lose any muscle right?

    Cutting up at the end of a cycle is a good idea, but don't think you're muscle is nailed in place and you can throw an hour of cardio an no calories it's way and keep your mass at the same time.

    Taper the calories down, slowly -- dropping 100-200 calories a day till you are at your goal intake. Have about 35% of your calories be protien and double your water intake. Do cardio for at least 20 minutes -- twice a day if you can.

    You'll cut up real nice.

  5. #5
    dazbo's Avatar
    dazbo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,409
    Nice one. If anyone has any more info on the % that steroids stop catabolism, then great.

    Thanks so far

  6. #6
    Jtt23's Avatar
    Jtt23 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by dazbo
    Nice one. If anyone has any more info on the % that steroids stop catabolism, then great.

    Thanks so far

    It is different for everyone. I think it is safe to say that unless you are eating no protien at all, steriods will keep you in a positive nitrogen bal.

    I know of no one that has lost muscle mass while on gear, even when cutting. But that doesnt mean that it cant happen.

  7. #7
    Juice Lee's Avatar
    Juice Lee is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    121
    I've SEEN bros vitually starve themselves while on gear and not lose an ounce of muscle.

  8. #8
    1-Cent's Avatar
    1-Cent is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Canada, Eh
    Posts
    2,389
    Probably not 100% but being anticatabolic is pretty much the sole medical purpose of Anadrol and Dianabol if you want to take them at their medical doses of 300-400mg /day lol

  9. #9
    dazbo's Avatar
    dazbo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,409
    So rather than me wasting time with trying to use something like clenbuterol which has many bad reasons not to use it, I might as well just start cutting at the end of my steroid cycle to get rid of the fat Ive gained while bulking yes ??

    Why do people even bother with things like clen then if steroids are better at being anti-catabolic anyways ??? Seems like a waste of time, they might as well just extend the steroid cycle by a few weeks and cut in the last 3/4weeks or something like it?!?

    Well, thanks for the replies guys

    Darren

  10. #10
    Jtt23's Avatar
    Jtt23 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by dazbo
    So rather than me wasting time with trying to use something like clenbuterol which has many bad reasons not to use it, I might as well just start cutting at the end of my steroid cycle to get rid of the fat Ive gained while bulking yes ??

    Why do people even bother with things like clen then if steroids are better at being anti-catabolic anyways ??? Seems like a waste of time, they might as well just extend the steroid cycle by a few weeks and cut in the last 3/4weeks or something like it?!?

    Well, thanks for the replies guys

    Darren
    For the increased metabolic rate... They are looking to burn fat as well. The anti-catabolic effects of clen are just an added plus.

  11. #11
    dazbo's Avatar
    dazbo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,409
    So if, in my last 2 weeks of this cycle, if Im doing loads of cardio on a calorie deficit, would it be a good idea to take clen in the first week then eca in the second or somthing similar ?? Or, is that going to be too dangerous to do so ??

    Thanks again

  12. #12
    bor's Avatar
    bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    4,203
    no danger at all, unless you have high bp to begin with

  13. #13
    dazbo's Avatar
    dazbo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,409
    No Ive been monitoring my BP right the way through cycle and its averaged out abou 123/76 ish so far. So are we sure theres no harm in doing that then ??

    thanks

    Sorry - its just I can tonly take one persons oppinion!!

  14. #14
    Jtt23's Avatar
    Jtt23 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by dazbo
    So if, in my last 2 weeks of this cycle, if Im doing loads of cardio on a calorie deficit, would it be a good idea to take clen in the first week then eca in the second or somthing similar ?? Or, is that going to be too dangerous to do so ??

    Thanks again

    You should read this thread it will explain that the anti-catabolic effects dont kick in right away. I will also explain why switching between an ECA stack and clen is not a good idea as they work through the same pathways.

    Hookers Clen Profile

  15. #15
    dazbo's Avatar
    dazbo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,409
    Thanks for that about clen - I needed something like that and Ive gotten a lot of info from it!

    Cheers

  16. #16
    dazbo's Avatar
    dazbo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,409
    So - are we all agreed that Clen is better at fat burning than ECA ????
    Just I always thought ECA was the daddy!

  17. #17
    Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,886
    Quote Originally Posted by dazbo
    In a post I made a while aog, someone mentioned that the steroids would stop catabolism 100%.

    I would like some more info on this please.

    I was wondering whether, while on this sus/deca stack for bulking, can I go low on cals at the end couple of weeks and really hit the cardio (And weights) in order to burn some fat while keeping muscle ??

    Thanks

    Darren
    Nothing is guaranteed 100% anti-catabolic. FOr that matter what we do is do as many things to avoid catabolism rather you are on juice or not. Like before workout intake some carbs or small amounts of sugar to power your workout, do after workout protein shake, etc. Its true juice will significantly reduce catabolism and also deactivate some cortisol receptors in a similar fashion that nolvadex does with estrogen receptors but nothing is guaranteed.

    Not only that but one study showed if you didnt workout AT ALL while on testosterone and near testosterone steroids, you would likely loose some muscle and gain fat so steroids are highly dependant on weight training to add muscle.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •