LEFTY3108 is offline New Member

Do you think steroids are addicting???

Im just curious on what you guys think. Im really starting to believe they are one of the most addicting drugs out there. When i started i just wanted to put on some nice size and lean out.....now i just want to see how freaking big i can get. So my question is do you think getting "big" and taking steroids is highly addictive? I mean, will any of us ever really be happy, im already planning my next cycle. Lets here what you guys think.

fitnessguy is offline Anabolic Member
    only if you let them.

i believe they are addicting. but not like heroin\cocaine addiction. yes there is a sense of instant gratification involved but you're not likely to rob your family for money and valuables on a steroid bender.

i did dope and whatnot for years... kicked it 3 years ago. im finding steroids to be more of a driving force than a high.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    If you have an addictive personality,anything can become addictive!

I think that after taking AS you reach a mental block where u believe that you can't get any biger without them, so in that sense they are.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by fitnessguy
    only if you let them.
    Yeah... that about sums it up. By most clinical deffinitions will say AAS is not physically or physcologically addictive... it kind of depends on the person. But once physical appearance/improvement and/or competition is not as important - anyone can just stop using. IMO - they are about as addictive as any other thing in your sup closet...

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Steroids aren't physically addicting, but they can very well be psychologically addicting just as anything can.

Musa is offline Associate Member

Smile hello

Steroids are not,GETTING BIG it is.....veryyyy

fitnessguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    Steroids aren't physically addicting, but they can very well be psychologically addicting just as anything can.

well said

Da Bull, i'm gonna have to get used to the new avitar

animal-inside is offline Senior Member
    the results are psycologicaly addicting........... the drugs themselves do not have a addicting chemical effect on your body like cigs and crack...

anything can become psychologically addicting.. theres quite a few here who are addicted to working out. when they can't they go through withdrawl and show mental withdrawl (ie mood behavior) symptoms..

so theres a diff between physically/chemical addicting drugs and psychologically addicting things..

Quote Originally Posted by animal-inside
    the results are psycologicaly addicting........... the drugs themselves do not have a addicting chemical effect on your body like cigs and crack...

anything can become psychologically addicting.. theres quite a few here who are addicted to working out. when they can't they go through withdrawl and show mental withdrawl (ie mood behavior) symptoms..

so theres a diff between physically/chemical addicting drugs and psychologically addicting things..
    I think there is one clinical deffinition that puts anabolic -androgenic steroids as a physcological addiction - but the other medical publications do not... my reference is at home... maybe I can find something online...

animal-inside is offline Senior Member
    chemical and body addiction basically means your body can't function normally with out it.

So on second thought someone who uses to eearly and ****ss up there natural testosterone level could become chem/physically addicted to it.

and in another view until you full recover from your cycle you are addicted to gear.

Tryin2getHUGE is offline Senior Member
    I agree....... chemically they are NOT addicting, but phychologically from the results you achieve if you work out right and eat clean, they become VERY addictive.

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    If you have an addictive personality,anything can become addictive!
    Exactly!!

Quote Originally Posted by animal-inside
    chemical and body addiction basically means your body can't function normally with out it.

So on second thought someone who uses to eearly and ****ss up there natural testosterone level could become chem/physically addicted to it.

and in another view until you full recover from your cycle you are addicted to gear.
    Yeah - I totally agree with you here. Physical addiction is defined by symptoms of withdrawl... and any one that has suffered through a shut down HPTA without a proper PCT (withdrawl meds as they may be) knows that it can lead to very poor disposition via a hormonal imbalance in the body...

But in order to be classified as an addictive substance most clinical deffinitions must prove something like 3 out of 10 symptoms for addiction. And AAS doesn't match up... but like I said, I think I read in one medical publication where it did...

FuKiN MoNSTeR is offline Junior Member
    Steroids arent addicting, Getting huge is addicting.
    however, i do feel like when im not on anything im wasting my time , which kind of infulences me to jump back on quicker than i should

hammerhead is offline Member
    "Addictive" is not really a medical term. "Physical dependence" is one and really doesn't apply to steroids . It doesn't reinforce the mesolimbic dopamine system nor produce a physical withdrawal sickness with a distinct signature and treatment accumen ...

The term "habit forming" comes to mind. "Psychological dependence" may also apply since it refers mostly to one's own interpretation of the relationship of steroids to one's own well-being.

Why is this thread being wasted on medical nomenclature?

The point of the thread is to discuss the addictiveness of steroids. I feel that they are very addictive in the behavioral sense of the definition. They not only make you big and give you energy and a strong sex drive - they also directly reinforce the hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal axis and directly elevate your moods. We may not think of them as recreational drugs because noone is sitting around a crack house shooting enanthate waiting for the next buzz to kick in - but it does give us a 3 to 4 month buzz in a sense. I sure as hell love the way I feel when i'm on it.

When my cycles are finished I cannot wait to do another cycle because dammit - I love it!

I vote yes - very "addictive" !!!

hercules88 is offline Senior Member
    they are addicting only to weak minded people who let the drug control them

dnj
    dnj is offline New Member
    they are addicting only to weak minded people who let the drug control them

then why do them at all?

hercules88 is offline Senior Member
    cause i like to get big fast,

craneboy is offline Senior Member

Talking

no, my uncle's been doing them for 30 years and he ain't hooked

dragon cycle is offline Junior Member
    aas every cycle $1200.00
    supplements $1100.00
    gym fee's $215.00
    water $2.00
    looking like hulk priceless $0.00

dieseL atC is offline Member
    I don't believe in addiction. What some call an addiction, I call a hobby In all seriousness though, I don't think they are addicting. I think just seeing yourself change, the compliments, and just the way you feel about yourself is what drives most people to do there second cycle.

dieseL atC is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hercules88
    cause i like to get big fast,
    Haha, I couldn't have said it better myself.

Ybear is offline Junior Member
    Its all mental ya its a great feeling either getting to 17 inch arms or a six pack or getting a complament from a hot girl. Just keep in mind that its a supplement and the hours of you busting your ass and sweating in the gym is all you!!

Challenge me and I will succeed.

Hed
    Hed is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ybear
    Its all mental ya its a great feeling either getting to 17 inch arms or a six pack or getting a complament from a hot girl. Just keep in mind that its a supplement and the hours of you busting your ass and sweating in the gym is all you!!

Challenge me and I will succeed.

I challange you to read the date of threads before you go bumping them.

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    I was the same way. I tried the 1st cycle so i could attempt to accomplish what i wanted out of my body in lesser time then going natural. Now I am planning cycle after cycle. They are highly motivating if not addictive. You believe that you can do more when you are them. You tend to workout more because you know if you dont you are throwing away $$$ one shot a time. Still better addiction then coke, heroin, alcohol etc..

Thread Information