chaos_theory is offline Junior Member

Active half life

What is the difference between half life and active half life if any?

Also I am confused about some injection times.
    I have heard that the half life of test e is about 5 days and to inject twice a week because of this. But if you inject only once a week wouldnt the peak dose be much higher. Possible example (assuming that I have the half life right and this is how it works?)

Once a week injection
    Test e 500mg monday (every 7 days)
    then 500mg next monday added to whats left of the first week which should be 200mg after 7 days so now where up to 700mg. By the end of the week it is down to 280mg b4 the next inj. The peak dose is higher than the twice a week inj but the lowest dose is also less.

Injecting twice a week (every 3.5 days)
    test e 250mg monday, then 250mg thursday added to whats left of the 1st inj which should be 162.5mg, total after 7 days is 412.5mg
    250mg monday added to whats left of thursday which is 268.125mg, total 518.125mg
    Thursday final inj 250mg added to whats left of monday 332.78125mg, total 582.78125mg. By the end of the week it is down to 378.8078125mg b4 the next inj. The doses don't fluctuate as wildly with the twice a week inj, but the peak dose is less.

I know I could be wrong about the half life of enanthate but do I have the principles right about twice a week inj versus once a week inj with a steroid that has a 5 day half life.

I know its a long post but I need some input

system admin is offline Owner
    your answer will come. Some answers are harder to find than others. Keep your post up top and you will get it.

bc

dirtdawg is offline Anabolic Member
    i think u are misunderstanding half lives, if you are on 500 mgs ew on enth,and it's active life is 14 days and half life is 7 days, it doesnt mean you have 250 mgs in your system after 7 days, it means the 500 mgs u have admininstered is half as strong, you have the same amount of mgs in u,its like if you drink 10 beers, and its half life is 2 hours, it doesnt mean in 5 hours you have 5 beers in u, it means the 10 beers are half as strong

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    For starters you don't want concentrations to fluctuate. The more unstable blood levels are the more sides one tends to experience. Also, regardless of the ester the largest concentration into the blood is (roughly) within the first twenty-four hours. By dosing twice a week with lower dosages you limit this spike.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdawg
    i think u are misunderstanding half lives, if you are on 500 mgs ew on enth,and it's active life is 14 days and half life is 7 days, it doesnt mean you have 250 mgs in your system after 7 days, it means the 500 mgs u have admininstered is half as strong, you have the same amount of mgs in u,its like if you drink 10 beers, and its half life is 2 hours, it doesnt mean in 5 hours you have 5 beers in u, it means the 10 beers are half as strong
    What is the difference between half as strong and half as many isn't that the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by chaos_theory
    What is the difference between half as strong and half as many isn't that the same thing?
    no, its different, 500 mgs at half strength and 250 mgs at full strength are totally different, the amount you administer doesnt change, it just becomes weaker, the whole purpose of injecting every 3.5 days is to keep your blood and plasma levels stable,this way, u experinece less sides

enth- active life 14 days, half life 7 days

so at day 7, you still have 500 mgs of enth in you, its half as strong, you dont have 250 mgs in you at full strength, the first 24 hours is when the compound is strongest, so enth slowly becomes weaker, and around day 3 or 4 the compound becomes less strong, so another injectiion is administered to get the level back up again, if you wait longer like 7 days, our blood levels fluctuates more,the compound is half strong at 7 days, and 3/4 strong at 4 days, its a lot easier to explain if i could make a graph for u, understand better?
    Last edited by dirtdawg; 02-25-2005 at 01:48 PM.

Thanks alot dirtdawg you have been a great help, don't mean to be a pain I just needed someone to explain fully, thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdawg
    no, its different, 500 mgs at half strength and 250 mgs at full strength are totally different, the amount you administer doesnt change, it just becomes weaker, the whole purpose of injecting every 3.5 days is to keep your blood and plasma levels stable,this way, u experinece less sides

enth- active life 14 days, half life 7 days

so at day 7, you still have 500 mgs of enth in you, its half as strong, you dont have 250 mgs in you at full strength, the first 24 hours is when the compound is strongest, so enth slowly becomes weaker, and around day 3 or 4 the compound becomes less strong, so another injectiion is administered to get the level back up again, if you wait longer like 7 days, our blood levels fluctuates more,the compound is half strong at 7 days, and 3/4 strong at 4 days, its a lot easier to explain if i could make a graph for u, understand better?
    So based on this info once I know the half life of any steroid I can split my chosen dosage into 2 and administer it half of that time again to get an even blood level.

Quote Originally Posted by chaos_theory
    Thanks alot dirtdawg you have been a great help, don't mean to be a pain I just needed someone to explain fully, thanks again.
    no worries bro, its not that easy to understand,and a lot of others here dont understand it either, ask questions bro, its the only way to learn

Thread Information