Thread: Need Help

BlackStang is offline Associate Member

Question Need Help

Hey guys, I am a newbie, I have been working out on and off for about 4-5 years now and havn't really gained much weight. I am 19 at 6' 145lb. Been using protein and weight gainer but havn't really seem much results. My goal is to stabalize my weight at around 160lb. I was considering doing a 8 week cycle of test/deca . My buddy has a source and when he did it he kept about 3/4 of his gains. But in the process he also got a lump under his skin, it went away with no problems, he said it was just from not sticking the needle in enough. This makes me question his source on how good the stuff is. I dont want to use steroids all the time I just need something that will help my gain and keep most of it on.

But anyways to my question. Would this be a good cycle for me or should I look into something different? Also does his source sound ok and am I just being paranoid?

Also any suggestions on a different cycle that would be best for me?

Thanks
    Last edited by BlackStang; 02-25-2005 at 05:08 PM.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Bro, you are still to young to think about a cycle. I guarantee your diet is not in check. You should be pounding food 4000+ calories a day. Even if you took steroids , unless you eat, you will NOT get big.

Eat Constantly

Thats the thing I eat constantly. Every 3 hours I feel like i'm starving. I drink a protein shake right after my work out and I try to have atleast 2 drinks of weight gainer a day which is roughly 2500 cals by itself.

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    6 feet, 145 lbs? You don't need drugs. You need food. I'm not being an asshole either, I'm serious.

If you cycle the results will be minimal because you have not learned to gain weight naturally.

Your friend is a source, it's his goal to make drugs sound good.
    Last edited by BajanBastard; 02-25-2005 at 05:12 PM.

Consistency is offline Extraordinarily Exorbitant
    is this a joke? 6ft 145 lbs? Bro you need to eat!

I eat like mad! **** matabolism

XxElitexX is offline Senior Member
    EAT....make it to 165-180 and then think about doing a cycle. JMO.

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackStang
    I am 19 at 6' 145lb.
    Also any suggestions on a different cycle that would be best for me?

try a cycle of creatine, protein shakes, food and sleep/

your too young (IMO) and waaaaay too thin.

dont juice, add more naturally.

I eat like mad! **** matabolism
    What exactly do you eat? A lot of dudes THINK they are eating but when you break it down it's not much at all.

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    Amen brother!

Please, do yourself a big favor and give yourself time to grow naturally. I guarantee you have a LOT of natural growth left in you before you reach any kind of strength and size "plateau". It's just way too soon to think about gear. I've never met anybody who started gear that early, and I know a lot of people who have, and don't regret it now.

Keep in mind that bone growth naturally precedes muscle growth. It's an ackward stage to have to go through, being tall and skinny, but it's just part of your natural growth process and nothing to be ashamed of. I was your weight at 6'5", if you can imagine that, and I didn't use gear til I was 224 (and NOT fat). I would never have believed I could have gotten that big naturallly, esp since all my progenitors are skinny, so I'm sure you can do the same thing. Just give yourself some time!

I know I am it drives me nuts. I work full-time and get roughly 8-9 hours a sleep a night on average. Stopped drinking, except for the odd time. Eat all the time, take my shakes right after every work out. I dunno what I am doing wrong but I havn't gained much weight at all. I was thinking of trying Xpand but if other supplements dont really work why would it.

NEWKILLA is offline Junior Member
    i m not far behind you in the metabolism area-BUT im 40yrs old--shiot 41 next month,i just started my first cycle--and my brotha you have to do mad reading here way before you even think about it, JUICE is just a small part of the equation, diet,workout intensity and rest are equaly if not more important, if i were you i would hit the diet and workout section of this site, post both your meal plan and work out routine--stick with that for a yr or two, i ll bet your 170 easily by 2 yrs,

just my 2 cents bro

be good

KILLLLLLAAAAAA

I know I am it drives me nuts. I work full-time and get roughly 8-9 hours a sleep a night on average. Stopped drinking, except for the odd time. Eat all the time, take my shakes right after every work out. I dunno what I am doing wrong but I havn't gained much weight at all. I was thinking of trying Xpand but if other supplements dont really work why would it.
    Bro, forget about the supplements and the weight gainer/protein drinks. You need to eat REAL food. With your metabolism, you need to eat close to 5,000 calories. If you add up what you are eating, You will be surprised your not getting enough calories.

Also, since your still in the "growing stage" of your life, you do NOT want to touch steroids at your age. Way to many side effects (ie: growth plate closure, messing with your endocrine system, etc..)

I know this is not what you want to hear, but it's the smartest thing for you. Steroids are not the answer.

If I were you, I'd PM swolecat about getting on one of his programs. The $$$ is well worth it and I guarantee he will put weight on you....

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Quote Originally Posted by buylongterm
    With your metabolism, you need to eat close to 5,000 calories. If you add up what you are eating, You will be surprised your not getting enough calories.
    Agreed.

Find out how many calories you eat per day (REAL FOOD) here. Telling us "I eat all the time" doesn't work, you need to find out an exact number. www.fitday.com or http://www.ntwrks.com/~mikev/chart1.html

If you can't gain weight naturally, steroids aren't going to do anything for you except shrink your nuts. Anabolic steroids grow muscle by increasing protein synthesis so your body can make muscle tissue faster. If the protein (and other calories) aren't there to begin with, where is the muscle going to come from? Magic? You can't build a house without bricks.

Also post up your training regimen. Exercises, sets, reps, days, everything. Do you do squats and deadlifts? These 2 exercises are the best for total body growth and releasing the most natural GH and testosterone .

Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    Agreed.

Find out how many calories you eat per day (REAL FOOD) here. Telling us "I eat all the time" doesn't work, you need to find out an exact number. www.fitday.com or http://www.ntwrks.com/~mikev/chart1.html

If you can't gain weight naturally, steroids aren't going to do anything for you except shrink your nuts. Anabolic steroids grow muscle by increasing protein synthesis so your body can make muscle tissue faster. If the protein (and other calories) aren't there to begin with, where is the muscle going to come from? Magic? You can't build a house without bricks.

Also post up your training regimen. Exercises, sets, reps, days, everything. Do you do squats and deadlifts? These 2 exercises are the best for total body growth and releasing the most natural GH and testosterone.

AMEN BRO, AMEN!!!!!

Agreed.

Also post up your training regimen. Exercises, sets, reps, days, everything. Do you do squats and deadlifts? These 2 exercises are the best for total body growth and releasing the most natural GH and testosterone.
    Internal organs.

Quote Originally Posted by big k.l.g
    Internal organs.
    Please elaborate..

I want to hear whats best for me and if steroids arn't the answer then thats fine. I thought it would help me put on the weight like it made my buddies and I didn't think taking 1 cycle would results in all those side effects. I thought you had to do a couple of cycles or abuse the drug. but you guys have convinced me not to do a cycle.

I am definatly trying to eat as much as I can. I will have to sit down and figure out how much calories i am intaking a day. I guess really my only option is to keep at the hard work and eat as much as I can and slowly build myself up.

I would of been fine but once high school hit all the drinking and parting took over so basically i kept growing in height but nothing else.

Thanks for everyones help!

What can you tell me about swolecat programs?

I do not work out at the gym I have a bowflex and I designed my own program but it is all upper body at the moment because I am trying to get that back into shape. However I will be changed to the "body building" program that is included in the book. The weights will not be the same as free weights but i could post my weights up if needed

Please elaborate..
    The thread/study is on here. As you know steroids are powerful "signaling" compounds. Telling the muscle cell to add more DNA, protein, nuclei.

If sufficient protein is not provided the body catabolizes the organs to support muscle growth.

Bowflex sucks IMO... you should join a gym with free weights where you can do bench, military, squat, deadlift, etc.

Leg training is essential for overall muscle growth.

Quote Originally Posted by big k.l.g
    If sufficient protein is not provided the body catabolizes the organs to support muscle growth.
    Of course he's not going to gain much weight at all from his internal organs... Scientifically you're right but practically I don't think I'd consider it a good source of proteins.

So far with the bowflex I definatly notice a difference in strenght and some size in just a month. I went this way because I do not have enough time to go to the gym for 2 hours a day. I am definatly going to start doing leg work-outs and see how that goes

Of course he's not going to gain much weight at all from his internal organs... Scientifically you're right but practically I don't think I'd consider it a good source of proteins.
    I never said it was a good thing! I'm on your side!

Steroid Alternatives

How are these steroid alternatives such as ErgoMax, GenEdge, and Maxteron??? They say they give good gains up to 10 pounds a month. You can check them out on all sports nutrition.

Anyone know how they are?

How are these steroid alternatives such as ErgoMax, GenEdge, and Maxteron??? They say they give good gains up to 10 pounds a month. You can check them out on all sports nutrition.

Anyone know how they are?
    Garbage... put your money towards creatine/protein and food.

Consistency is offline Extraordinarily Exorbitant
    Garbage... put your money towards creatine/protein and food.
    he's right!

Thread Information