raeford25 is offline Junior Member

Question about pinning

I'm thinking about pinning my glutes next due to PIP in the quads. Seriously hard to walk without limping. And hard to work with the soreness. Is 1" ok in the glute? 23g. Test E 250. I dont know my exact bf%. I'm 6'1 215 26 yrs old. I'm a little chubby tho so wondering about the fat. BUT I suffer from a disease call no A$$attall .... So it's mostly muscle back there....

michael30 is offline Member
    I would suggest your delts before your glutes not alot of fat in that area and you should be able to get away with a 1inch needle. But it is hard to advise without seeing a pic or knowing bodyfat.

RangerDanger830 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by michael30 View Post
    I would suggest your delts before your glutes not alot of fat in that area and you should be able to get away with a 1inch needle. But it is hard to advise without seeing a pic or knowing bodyfat.
    I agree^ Even though you might not have much fat on the bum, there is still more fat there than your delts most likely so if 1in is all you have then I would go there. Plus, it is good to explore other options on your body and open up alternative places to pin. I always use a 1.5in in the glutes though.

corkshow is offline New Member
    1.5 in for glutes is the way to go if you're on the chubbier side, you'll pretty much guarantee that sucker gets in the muscle I find the pip wears off after the 2nd injection in a virgin muscle! Quads were a pain lol... You should try to alternate your inj sites though, left quad, left glute, right glute, right quad, left quad, and so on... Try warming up your test too! after you get it into your syringe cap the needle then hold it under your armpit or use a hairdryer on just the syringe to warm up the oil a bit so it goes in easier just my 2 cents! Enjoy the ride

I really dread trying the delts but it looks as though that's what I'll be trying. Thanks for the advice guys. I've been researching a few pin sites to make sure I'm in the right spot also. And I tried to go acquire some 1.5's earlier to no avail. If no luck by Thursday I'm going delts. I have a steady handed helper that's not squeamish about it so, a plus there I guess. Thanks again. I'll update on the PIP

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    No such thing as virgin muscle - it comes down to technique, local trauma, and a reaction to the oils. Delts shouldn't be a problem. Lots of places to inject

- traps
    - delts
    - pecs
    - quads
    - glutes
    - triceps
    - biceps
    - lats

Avoid calves and forearms!!!

That being said Muscle, with the PIP I had in my quads, say it was from the oil, which I was to told "HLK" (I'll call them) labs has been known to have a lil PIP. should I expect the same in my delts?
    Last edited by raeford25; 04-01-2014 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by raeford25
    Oh and another question, since technically all of my muscles are virgins to pinning, should I expect PIP everywhere? Because I don't see getting much training done if I have similar PIP in my delts..... :-/ much less moving my arm! It took me 3 days to be able to lift my foot off the floor on to the foot rest of the bar stool without me using my hands.... Both legs... Lol.
    Part of the process. Some guys get severe PIP in most places but it improves with your technique. As suggested, warming the oil may help. I'd rather you heat the bottle and NOT the syringe (especially not under the arm pit!!!!). Keep the syringe as sterile and needle as possible.

Immediately massaging the area after an injection will help disperse and absorb the oil. A warm compress (not ice!!!!) on the area will also facilitate absorption and reduce PIP.

That being said Muscle, with the PIP I had in my quads, say it was from the oil, which I was to told "HLK" (I'll call them) labs has been known to have a lil PIP. should I expect the same in my delts?
    See my post above. Here are the most common factors that contribute to PIP:

- unsteady injection technique
    - volume of gear injected
    - concentration of gear injected
    - bore size of needle
    - depth of injection
    - speed of injection
    - types of oils used

Noted sir. Thank you for the advice.

Noted sir. Thank you for the advice.
    You're welcome!

So technically I could be as steady as all get out, and be too fast, too deep, and pinning with something not quite as smooth as we prefer and have absolutely no control over that. Welcome to AAS. Gotcha. Thanks again bro.

So technically I could be as steady as all get out, and be too fast, too deep, and pinning with something not quite as smooth as we prefer and have absolutely no control over that. Welcome to AAS. Gotcha. Thanks again bro.
    Correct!

Some tips.....

- inject slowly (slow & steady wins the race)
    - the deeper, the better (although we're not injecting into bone! Lol)
    - the smaller the bore, the better, BUT, too small will take forever to inject (I stick with 25g to inject, 18g to draw)
    - limit the volume until your technique improves
    - stick with less concentrated gear (100-250 mg/ml) until you become better at injections
    - heating the oil will help (I rarely do this)
    - a light massage after the injection in the injected area will really reduce PIP

Hang in there. You'll get better and the PIP should improve.

probuild42 is offline Member
    From my expercience Test E caused bad Pip from multiple sources (one be pharma grade). Test C nothing! I know test is test but this is my personal expercience. Never Test E again.

Quote Originally Posted by probuild42
    From my expercience Test E caused bad Pip from multiple sources (one be pharma grade). Test C nothing! I know test is test but this is my personal expercience. Never Test E again.
    Thanks for the advice. Maybe I'll try It on my next cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk
    No such thing as virgin muscle - it comes down to technique, local trauma, and a reaction to the oils. Delts shouldn't be a problem. Lots of places to inject - traps - delts - pecs - quads - glutes - triceps - biceps - lats Avoid calves and forearms!!!
    Pinned the delt last night. Next to ZERO PIP. Thanks for the advice brother!

Warrior1700 is offline Associate Member
    I warm up my Test Cyp bottle, then draw into syringe. I tried a delt pin before and got a bad PIP, wasn't a fan and seemed a bit awkward to get a good angle. I presume we are going into the side of the delt? I have been alternating quads lately, with a reach around into the glute on occasion still. It really does depend on steadiness, not moving the syringe/needle around too much and go Slow....

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior1700
    I warm up my Test Cyp bottle, then draw into syringe. I tried a delt pin before and got a bad PIP, wasn't a fan and seemed a bit awkward to get a good angle. I presume we are going into the side of the delt? I have been alternating quads lately, with a reach around into the glute on occasion still. It really does depend on steadiness, not moving the syringe/needle around too much and go Slow....
    Yes the side delt. And your right it really does require steadiness in any muscle. Because think about the ripping that needle does while it's in there. The slightest movement even. And I got called every slang name you can think for a woman's vagina while he was injecting my delt, because I made him go SLOW, but it really helped. Virgin muscles being true or not I didn't wanna just ram 2ml in there. He stabs his glute and pushes 2 1/2ml in there in abt 3 sec flat. But that works for him. I feel sorry his a$$ though. Lol. To each it's own I guess. Do whatever works for you bro. I know I found my sweet spot. And I'm happy.

against_grain is offline Junior Member
    I personally had a minor amount of PIP with test Enanthate . To describe it: I felt some soreness similar in nature to DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) from resistance training. Then after 2 injections into a particular site the PIP resolved entirely.

With Test Propionate on the other hand PIP was significantly more painful. During one cycle in the past I paired Test prop with Stanozolol /winstrol . The PIP from the combination of the previously mentioned 2 compounds would be best described as SEVERE. It was initially painful to the point that it impaired training.

Again, with the Test prop/winstrol the PIP was reduced after several injections. Halfway through the cycle PIP was no longer a problem and was reduced to a minor annoyance.

Warrior1700 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by raeford25 View Post
    Yes the side delt. And your right it really does require steadiness in any muscle. Because think about the ripping that needle does while it's in there. The slightest movement even. And I got called every slang name you can think for a woman's vagina while he was injecting my delt, because I made him go SLOW, but it really helped. Virgin muscles being true or not I didn't wanna just ram 2ml in there. He stabs his glute and pushes 2 1/2ml in there in abt 3 sec flat. But that works for him. I feel sorry his a$$ though. Lol. To each it's own I guess. Do whatever works for you bro. I know I found my sweet spot. And I'm happy.
    Roflmbo !!!

against_grain is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by raeford25 View Post
    Pinned the delt last night. Next to ZERO PIP. Thanks for the advice brother!
    I also get way LESS PIP when using a deltoid.

Thread Information