PunkRawk is offline Member

estrogen and igf-1

estrogen plays an important role in the body from what i read...it has something to do with the release of igf-1.....the question is how much estro should be blocked on a mass cycle of over 1 or 2 g's of test...blocking estro with arimidex or proviron seems block the release of igf-1.....so i am wondering if using clomid as a mild anti-e and then arimidex ever 5 days or so would be smart....there has to be a ratio to figure out how much estro we need in our bodies??

Dr.Evil is offline Retired Moderator
    thatīs a good question, but i donīt know if thereīs ever been a documented study to answer your question.

well i figured you might know this....lets look it from this angle maybe the two of us and can up with some sort of hypthosis....supposedly nolvadex can kill igf-1 production by up to 24% in people.....nolvadex is a pretty weak anti-e compared to arimidex ....arimidex stops the conversion completely right?? nolva just binds to the receptors....so my train of thought is that arimidex might kill igf-1 completely....and if it does then how are people growing off large mass cycles?? or are they not?? clomid is a synthetic e that has no estrogen like values....it binds to the receptors so that "real" estro can't....i dunno...this is all so confusing...i want the best mass i can get without hindering things due to water retention...seems like 25mg's proviron ed or eod and clomid eod during a cycle might be good and if signs of gyno pop up then hit it hard with arimidex or nolva....

PUNKRAWK

Dr.Evil is offline Retired Moderator
    but if less estrogen means less igf-1 then women should have much more igf-1 than men. the mechanism may not be estrogen mediated or estrogen receptor mediated.

wait i think i read this somewhere....progesterone and igf-1 work together in the female body....i need to go dig up some info...

TxLonghorn is offline Junior Member
    Well, I may have this mis-remembered, but arimidex won't lower igf-1 as much as nolva. In fact, I seem to recall reading that nolva could lower igf-1 levels by ~58%, clomid ~31%, and arimidex ~18%.

Letrozole , which is the next generation anti-e will actually increase igf-1 levels.

What I would like to know is the whole fina/gyno issue. Is it prolactin, igf-1, WHAT?

D00fy is offline Anabolic Member

Thread Information