newbrew is offline Senior Member

at 14% BF..would you cut or bulk?

Started talking to a buddy about my using and he is pretty interested. Built pretty similar to myself, but a couple points higher on the BF scale. He is pretty hell bent on using, but not sure if he should use a steroid to help cut, or bulk up, then cut naturally.

What would you suggest? He is ultimately interested at being around 180 LEAN. I suggest to him a similar cycle that I am currently running...low dose of Test and finish with Winstrol ...but I have no advice for his diet and/or workout plan.

5'11, 180 pounds, and 14% BF.

cobra1414 is offline Junior Member
    depends if you care about being fat. cause if you bulk at 14% you're only going to get fatter.

some ppl don't give a **** and just wanna be bigger, which is fine.

fitnessguy is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't like getting over 10% bf no matter what i'm doing...
    If he is interested in being lean then i would say slim up a little bit, then start. JMO

joevette is offline Banned
    He should cut first. I know this from experience. I once started bulking at about 12% bf and finished at about 17%, but I was left with some stretch marks. If I had started at a lower bf% it wouldn't have put such a strain on my skin.

Quote Originally Posted by fitnessguy
    I don't like getting over 10% bf no matter what i'm doing...
    If he is interested in being lean then i would say slim up a little bit, then start. JMO
    What would you think about cutting while on? I honestly tried to tell him to wait a bit and just slim up a bit, but he's pretty set. He isnt overweight by any means, just has a very slight gut...more or less pretty solid otherwise.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    If it were me, I would bulk leanly...........

Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    If it were me, I would bulk leanly...........
    Thats actually what I am doing. Eating around 3500 calories, high protein - good foods. Dont want or plan on packing 30 pounds...doing it slowly.

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    Defanatley cut first I was in the same boat as joevette I cycled at 14% and went up to 16% nasty stretch marks indeed. Plus I am finding longer to cut now that I have the extra fat.

Its pretty easy to drop 1% bf in a week at that weight loose 2 pounds ew for a month or 2 and cycle once youve hit 10% at least. You will be much more pleased with the results afterwards!!!

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by newbrew
    What would you think about cutting while on? I honestly tried to tell him to wait a bit and just slim up a bit, but he's pretty set. He isnt overweight by any means, just has a very slight gut...more or less pretty solid otherwise.

The problem with cutting during the cycle is you cant really gain all that much LBM with the kind of diet used for cutting. Only reason to use AAS during cutting is to retain all of your LBM while shedding BF because ultimatley you will loose some.

So if He does a cutting cycle dont expect to put on much if any LBM.

fitnessguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by newbrew
    I plan on running a lean mass/cutting cycle in the middle of March. I'm about 8% bf now, hopefully gonna start it at around 7% and end up around....who knows. I've been 205lbs b4 and didn't like the look i had. I like having abs all year round. As for your friend, if he is set in his ways then you can't change that but my advice would be for him to get around 10-12% b4 he starts. It will be easier for him to be lean in the long run. JMO

Thread Information