jeagles1 is offline Junior Member

Possible to overtrain even on juice???

I have heard many different opinion son this so I figured I would throw it out there for some feed back. Some people tell me you have to almost try and overtrain in order to get the full effects of steroids and others say you should train the same as if u weren't on the juice.

What is everyones opinion on this matter?

peump is offline Senior Member
    just train very hard and give you muscles time to rest and repair
    steroids will assist in a quicker recovery but that dosnt mean you should train
    any given body part more than twice a week
    i'll stick with once a week per with or without juice

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    Yes it is possible. Just listen to your body and get sufficient rest as peump already said.

I think it's very possible, also may depend on what drugs your running and what dosages.

Here is the workout i was considering and my cycle. PLEASE CRITIQUE!!

Cycle

Week 1-5 40 mg Dbol
    Weeks 1-10 Sust 750 mg/ week
    Weeks 1-8 Deca 400 mg/ week

Plus my antis E's and all

I'm 5'11 180 lbs. 7% BF

Looking to gain 20-25 lbs.

WORKOUT

M Chest and Bi's
    Tu Back and Tri's
    Wed. Shoulders and Legs
    Thursday OFF
    Then repeat the cycle so it's 3 on 1 off with abs EOD and little cardio b/c i am trying ot gain mass

DrugsrGood is offline Associate Member
    Your cycle looks real solid. Take it you have pct prepared...? As for workout, my preference is to work opposing muscle groups together. Chest-back..bis-tris...

BodyMechanic is offline Senior Member
    yes you will recover faster on AS but it is possible to overtrain, just by looking at your workout it looks fine but it is hard to judge because i don't know the intensity you are using and that can make all the difference in the world as for overtraining. Your cylce i think would be better if you ran the sus for 12 and the deca for 11.

Thanks guys for the advise and I am only running sust and deca 8-10 weeks b/c i want to do a third cycle htis summer is this not a good idea. i want to run another 8 weeks cycle after taking 8-10 weeks off. AM I WRONG???

Quote Originally Posted by jeagles1
    Thanks guys for the advise and I am only running sust and deca 8-10 weeks b/c i want to do a third cycle htis summer is this not a good idea. i want to run another 8 weeks cycle after taking 8-10 weeks off. AM I WRONG???
    then go 11 with the sus and 10 with the deca , the long esters need to be run longer for full benifits.

k when should i start PCT 14 days after last sust shot?

18 days after last sus.

ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    Here is the workout i was considering and my cycle. PLEASE CRITIQUE!!

Cycle

Week 1-5 40 mg Dbol
    Weeks 1-10 Sust 750 mg/ week
    Weeks 1-8 Deca 400 mg/ week

Plus my antis E's and all

I'm 5'11 180 lbs. 7% BF

Looking to gain 20-25 lbs.

WORKOUT

M Chest and Bi's
    Tu Back and Tri's
    Wed. Shoulders and Legs
    Thursday OFF
    Then repeat the cycle so it's 3 on 1 off with abs EOD and little cardio b/c i am trying ot gain mass
    How can you work shoulders and legs all on the same day???
    I break my legs up into 2 days alone and shoulders are a totally seperate day.
    Your split kinda sucks. You should not run back the day after you work bis and work tris the day after you work chest. Work on your split or you will definetly have some overtraining issues.

Knight1811 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChefJ
    How can you work shoulders and legs all on the same day???
    I break my legs up into 2 days alone and shoulders are a totally seperate day.
    Your split kinda sucks. You should not run back the day after you work bis and work tris the day after you work chest. Work on your split or you will definetly have some overtraining issues.

Just curious ChefJ, What is your split?

Knight1811

ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    Monday chest-bis
    Tuesday off
    Wednesday calves abs forearms
    Thursday shoulders
    Friday back tris
    Saturday Quads abductors adductors
    Sunday hamstrings abs forearms

flabbywussy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChefJ
    Monday chest-bis
    Tuesday off
    Wednesday calves abs forearms
    Thursday shoulders
    Friday back tris
    Saturday Quads abductors adductors
    Sunday hamstrings abs forearms

i believe when you work shoulders it's working your back and tris too(for the presses), so why run back and tris after shoulder day? or do you just do isolation movements for your shoulder day? just curious

cut260 is offline Associate Member
    I have heard many different opinion son this so I figured I would throw it out there for some feed back. Some people tell me you have to almost try and overtrain in order to get the full effects of steroids and others say you should train the same as if u weren't on the juice.

During my last comp diet Chris Aceto was handling everything for me. During the time sending him my pics etc. he asked me when I was going to stop overtraining. I was kind of surprised because I thought things were going really good and my strength was good etc. Given that he is one of the top experts in this area I took his advice and backed off a bit. I blew up even more. My quad gained 1.5 inches in just a month and my calves went up .75 inch in the same time. Cross striations came out, seperation in the biceps came out. Basically I made great changes all over.

So the short end to the long story is that no matter what you use - you will overtrain if you dont give yourself enough rest time.

Gym is for show - Rest is for grow....

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member

I find the threshold at which overtraining occurs is not at the same place it is when not on juice. You can lift heavier, and also no need to limit individual workouts to 45 minutes to 1 hour, I can safely extend this to 1.5 to 2 hours. Only time I am sore is when I walk out of gym. Shortly after soreness goes away and I am good to go at a faster pace. I feel I heal significantly faster and even though I am doing 3 times the workout on juice then I can off, I do not feel like I am overtraining.

cut260 is offline Associate Member
    That is very true but whether on or off you need recovery time. Of course the time needed is longer for when you are off cycle vs when you are on. Like ChefJ showed he works out every day but when you look at how he adjusts his routine he is giving his muscle groups time to rest. Personally I would take 2 days completely off but that is jus me.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cut260
    That is very true but whether on or off you need recovery time. Of course the time needed is longer for when you are off cycle vs when you are on. Like ChefJ showed he works out every day but when you look at how he adjusts his routine he is giving his muscle groups time to rest. Personally I would take 2 days completely off but that is jus me.
    Yea I tend to do like this:

Mondays chest and biceps
    tuesday cardio and abs
    weds legs
    thursday cardio and odd areas like neck, etc
    friday back, shoulders, triceps
    sat/sunday off except for misc yard work around house

I separate chest and back/shoulders to split weeks because on both you get the arms each time, so leg day is in between chest and back so arms have healing time.

I havent been growing the greatest as far as the scale goes, in fact for the last 6 months my weight has stayed relatively steady, however over the last 12 months my body fat percentage as gone from 23% to now 9% for an overall conversion of 30 lbs of fat to 30 lbs of solid muscle. In otherwords not all gains necessarily show on the scale. I never was a fat guy, always skinny as sin but I was on a "bulking diet" 5000 calaries a day last year and put weight on quick, but the muscle weight did not keep up with the fat gain. This is why I sometimes tell people to watch themselves carefully when trying to bulk up. Its nice to see a 20 lbs gain on a first cycle but its not guaranteed to be 100% muscle gain, in my case my first cycle gained 30 lbs and 20 of it was fat!

CARNIVORE is offline Associate Member
    You still can cause macro tramua to your muscles while on. I do work out much harder while on and try to be smart and not kill myself knowing lifting is just part of the formula and I still need sufficient rest and nutrition. Just my .02

Thread Information