BROTHERHOOD is offline Junior Member

If roids make you heal faster.....

Roids basically speed up the whole muscle healing process right? They make you very anabolic pretty much all the time?

So then why do I read that most people lift harder, but dont necessarily change their routine? If this makes me heal faster, then dont I want to be hitting each muscle group say, every other day, if I can? Why would I want to continue hitting each muscle only once or twice a week, the same as if im not on gear at all?

My next question is about soreness. While im lifting even harder than I had before my cycle, im hardly sore at all every day. I used to be sore while not on this stuff after most hard workouts. I kind of like it, does this mean I can hit each muscle group sooner now?

alluprbdy is offline Associate Member
    Dont hit the muscles more than 2x per week infact 2x a week is pushing it. I train like most others 1x a week you get bigger when you rest not while your lifting.

BROTHERHOOD is offline Junior Member
    Then I guess what I dont understand is..**** I have to do an example.

Lets say I do bi's on sunday right. Every Sunday I do Biceps. Well I can tell you that if I only did that once a week my bi's would feel in perfect condition every sunday. Maybe it took all the way untill friday or saturday for them to heal completely from last weeks workout though.(this is all hypothetical I have no idea how long it takes to heal). Now lets pretend im on gear(which i am). Now if I lift my bi's every sunday and only sunday, then since gear speeds everything up, maybe they will be fully healed by wednesday. But I dont lift them again untill sunday right, so that means they are recovering from the same workout in both situations and both times they are fully healed and im only working them once. So how do they get bigger while im on a cycle?

I hope you can tell what im trying to say by all that.

Sigmund Froid is offline Associate Member
    from hypertrophy-specific.com:

"In a study performed at the University of Alabama4, two groups of subjects performed the same periodized resistance training routine either once per week or three times per week. The results showed that muscle mass increases were greater in the three workout per week group, compared to the one workout per week group. In addition, the strength increases in this group were on average 40% greater! So what does this mean to you? It means the fear of overtraining, which sometimes verges on paranoia, may be preventing you from getting the most gains you can in the gym. "

They were natural, not juiced...

AND:

"In a study performed at Montclair State University5 researchers investigated the effect of a single set vs. a multiple set routine on increasing upper body strength. They had the subjects perform either one set or three sets of bench press, incline dumbbell press and flat dumbbell flies using ten reps, three times per week for 12 weeks. This kind of study has been done before but this one is particularly valuable because it involved previously "trained" subjects. This is significant because untrained subjects will usually respond positively to virtually any training routine. Just because a training strategy works for beginners doesn't mean it will work for experienced lifters. These researchers found that doing a single set of each exercise was equally effective as doing three sets of the same movements in increasing the subjects one repetition maximum (1RM) on bench press. The take home message is that you needn't do more than a single work set to achieve the same relative gains of doing multiple sets. This makes incorporating a whole body workout into your schedule much more feasible."

flabbywussy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Froid
    from hypertrophy-specific.com:

"In a study performed at the University of Alabama4, two groups of subjects performed the same periodized resistance training routine either once per week or three times per week. The results showed that muscle mass increases were greater in the three workout per week group, compared to the one workout per week group. In addition, the strength increases in this group were on average 40% greater! So what does this mean to you? It means the fear of overtraining, which sometimes verges on paranoia, may be preventing you from getting the most gains you can in the gym. "

They were natural, not juiced...

AND:

"In a study performed at Montclair State University5 researchers investigated the effect of a single set vs. a multiple set routine on increasing upper body strength. They had the subjects perform either one set or three sets of bench press, incline dumbbell press and flat dumbbell flies using ten reps, three times per week for 12 weeks. This kind of study has been done before but this one is particularly valuable because it involved previously "trained" subjects. This is significant because untrained subjects will usually respond positively to virtually any training routine. Just because a training strategy works for beginners doesn't mean it will work for experienced lifters. These researchers found that doing a single set of each exercise was equally effective as doing three sets of the same movements in increasing the subjects one repetition maximum (1RM) on bench press. The take home message is that you needn't do more than a single work set to achieve the same relative gains of doing multiple sets. This makes incorporating a whole body workout into your schedule much more feasible."
    in that last sentence above would definately not work for me,because since i go to failure on my sets i would be way too exhausted to hit every body part in one day. for example if you start out with chest doing a full body workout by the time you got to the end of your workout with the last body part you wouldn't be giving it 100% like you would from doing chest in the beginning.jmo
    Last edited by flabbywussy; 03-01-2005 at 06:01 PM.

flabbywussy is offline Senior Member
    well i guess you could switch it around and do chest last. you know rotate

ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    Why are you saying that it "makes muscles heal faster" there is much more to it then that.

arxg is offline Junior Member
    i think they help healing after operations and long periods of inactivity (atprohied leg muscles when you been in a hospital bed etc)

for training bro i think you can train longer and harder while on roids but still got to be careful about overtraining all in a balance

RUballs0514 is offline Associate Member
    i'm still partial to the once a week, focussing on certain groups, and do some sets to failure. but thats just what works for me. if you recover faster, maybe do it a few days earlier next time. just ween into it, don't jump in and hurt yourself.

Thread Information