Thread: PCT and Cardio

BiggerBri2002 is offline Senior Member

PCT and Cardio

Hey guys,

In my last week of PCT and was just wondering when it was safe to start doing cardio again. During my last cycle I dropped cardio completely to put on as much mass as possible. I was very happy with the gains, but now want to cut down some in the next few months. When is it safe for me start back doing cardio say like 3 days a week for 45mins? Should I ramp up to that or what?

Bri

***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    well, u should always include cardio due to cardiac wall thickining (dunno if this is the correct term for it). well, too late for that, but remember it for the next cycle...never cycle without cardio. u might regret it in ur later life.
    I don t see any reasons to not start cardio, as long as u keep it low intensity...

scaryfast is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ***xxx***
    well, u should always include cardio due to cardiac wall thickining (dunno if this is the correct term for it). well, too late for that, but remember it for the next cycle...never cycle without cardio. u might regret it in ur later life.
    I don t see any reasons to not start cardio, as long as u keep it low intensity...
    XXX is right, My Dr told me cardio is important during cycles, just keep your intensity low and you should start asap.

scaryfast

Wow....I never was told that about cardio by anyone...I will start ASAP this week.

Hey I woulld like to hear more about this heart thing from others...please comment!

Hey....another quick question...I asked this a million times before but anyway:

I can do cardio at three different times...which is the most beneficial:

Morning before weights
    Morning after weights
    Afternoon...several hours after I lift

The most convenient would be to get everything done in one visit to the gym..but I have been told it would be best for me to do cardio in the afternoon...hours after I hit the weights.

scaryfast is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BiggerBri2002
    Hey....another quick question...I asked this a million times before but anyway:

I can do cardio at three different times...which is the most beneficial:

Morning before weights
    Morning after weights
    Afternoon...several hours after I lift

The most convenient would be to get everything done in one visit to the gym..but I have been told it would be best for me to do cardio in the afternoon...hours after I hit the weights.
    I think it's best to do whatever is most important to you first. I am an endurance athlete so I do 3+ hrs of cardio in a given session and then hit the gym for 45-75 minutes.

For cutting, I'd recommend cardio first and If you do morning exercise you will jumpstart your metabolism and burn more total calories. Just remember to have carbohydrate present to burn during exercise. You will have more energy and burn more total calories if you are not sluggish from not havinig the proper fuel present during exercise and that feul is Carbohydrate! A common misconeption is that exercising on an empty stomach will burn more fat. NOT TRUE

Find an exercise you enjoy, skiing, cycling, skating, soccer, basketball... I find that exercising as a group activity will burn more calories and consume larger amounts of time doing healthy activity.

scaryfast

alluprbdy is offline Associate Member
    never heard anything about this cardio durring cycle thing I'd like to hear more about as well.

bigjohnr is offline Associate Member
    I lift in the AM also and have for many years. I do my weight training at 5:30 AM and then do cardio somewhere between 1:00 and 5:00 PM depending on how I feel.

Bump for more

joeben22 is offline Associate Member
    bump for more heart info also

***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    we have been discussing it a month or two ago...I dunno...I ll see if I find the thread...

Any luck on finding it?

GetinBig is offline Anabolic Member
    Start doing cardio Bri...

Im starting today!...Will do about 3 times a week for now and then increase up to 4 or 5 days at 35-45 mins. Will start low intensity now and then increase.

Thread Information