Thread: gyno,Q,

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist

gyno,Q,

I was just told by a customer, that soy protein is good at combating (wait for it) gyno after or during a cycle, sounds funny to me any on any one no this.

Powrlftr is offline Associate Member
    I was always told that soy products contained phytoestrogens, I would think that would make your chances of gyno worse.

big daddy k de is offline Senior Member
    I thought the same thing bro but i read a book called (Macrobolic Nutrition by:Gerard Dente a former pro bodybuilder and owner of MHP and Kevin j Hopkins) It cleard up my questions on the subject
    "The view that soy will increas estrogen levels in men is very inaccurate.in fact, it is my belief and the belief of many scientists that soy actually lowers estrogen activity in men. The view that estrogen stems from the isoflovone found in soy. These compounds havechemicalstructuers similar to estrogen, and becouse of this similar chemical structure, they bind to and block estrogen recepter cells. By blocking the estrogen cell receptors, the estrogen circulating in the blood will not have any estrogenic effects and is inactive. These isoflavons work similarly to the popular antiestrogen drug nolvadex used by bodybuilders"

soo2bhuge is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by big daddy k de
    I thought the same thing bro but i read a book called (Macrobolic Nutrition by:Gerard Dente a former pro bodybuilder and owner of MHP and Kevin j Hopkins) It cleard up my questions on the subject
    "The view that soy will increas estrogen levels in men is very inaccurate.in fact, it is my belief and the belief of many scientists that soy actually lowers estrogen activity in men. The view that estrogen stems from the isoflovone found in soy. These compounds havechemicalstructuers similar to estrogen, and becouse of this similar chemical structure, they bind to and block estrogen recepter cells. By blocking the estrogen cell receptors, the estrogen circulating in the blood will not have any estrogenic effects and is inactive. These isoflavons work similarly to the popular antiestrogen drug nolvadex used by bodybuilders"
    good post bro!

Thread Information