Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hed
    Hed is offline Senior Member

7th week of Test, gains plateaued

Ive put on 18lbs and im holding steady. I dont know what it is. Im still eating like ive been eating, only thing ive really changed is I may not be getting enough sleep.

I dont know if my body got used to my food routine or what, maybe throw in more meat instead of dairy (in terms of protein), but im stuck.

What gives?

DARKSEID is offline Senior Member
    For more gains you need to consistantly increase your diet

No One Knows is offline Senior Member
    You are 18 lbs heavier...Try eating more.

Also make sure you're getting about 8 hours of quality sleep.

Also, how long have you been training with the same routine? Switching it up could help get over the plateau.

Gluck..

Hed
    Hmmm, all the research i did before the cycle didnt mention that lol. Guess i wasnt looking hard enough at on-cycle diet.

Crap.

Well, i gotta start eatin more then. I know that in the past like 4 days i havent been eating my best. instead of like 2 steaks id eat like 30 pb&j crackers if i was hungry, just to switch it up. guess that was a mistake.

I also went off creatine for about a week, cause i ran out, so i prolly dropped some water weight.

I think mainly i need to get my diet back in check and my sleep better.

saluu is offline Banned
    take glutamine if your not getting enough sleep and remember up the dose maybe your body is getting used to 250 mg of test or 500 bump it up to 700 and than watch yourself put on more mass. Remember your body gets accustomed to dosage amounts . It like having sex everyday with same girl for 365 days sooner or later you get bored. Do something out of the ordinary throw in another compound or up the dosage and you will see more results bro. peace out im not a roid monkey

Rob
    Rob is offline Canadian Legend
    eat more...your gaining cals went up since your body increased in weight, so the amount of cals your currently consuming is just a maintaince amount

eat eat eat

Hed
    Quote Originally Posted by No One Knows

Also, how long have you been training with the same routine? Switching it up could help get over the plateau.

Gluck..

Just switched my routine 2 weeks ago, all new exercises. Never had a routine that tore me up like this, im in love with it. IM gonna switch again in 2 weeks. And i noticed gains immediately with the new routine, so its not the routine.

Good work..

Now just eat like theres no tomorrow.

Peace

NU-ROYDER is offline Junior Member
    just out of curiosity, how much should one expect to have gained after 7 wks of test enan....i know it will vary from person to person...just want an idea

Hed
    Quote Originally Posted by saluu
    take glutamine if your not getting enough sleep and remember up the dose maybe your body is getting used to 250 mg of test or 500 bump it up to 700 and than watch yourself put on more mass. Remember your body gets accustomed to dosage amounts . It like having sex everyday with same girl for 365 days sooner or later you get bored. Do something out of the ordinary throw in another compound or up the dosage and you will see more results bro. peace out im not a roid monkey

The whole point of a first cycle is to keep the amount the same. 500mg a week of test. No kidding upping the dose would make me gain, but it would also bring about more sides and be more unsafe.

Upping my dose is something im not even remotely considering.

After the responses, im reworking my diet.

Thanks guys.

BTW, I always notice that at around week 7 or 8 the gains come alot slower...

Good luck..

tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    it all comes down to diet bro. how many cals u bringing in daily?

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    That's a bad idea up your dose..wtf? Anytime something goes as not expected every Joe Blow gives advice "just up your dose". They know sh*t. Your diet and training is what is important and besides what is wrong with 18lbs in 7 weeks? Suspect you are holding some water and its normal to have your gains come slower but the slower gains are better anyways. The analogy of your body getting accustomed like sex is ridiculus at best.

Hed
    Quote Originally Posted by tycin
    it all comes down to diet bro. how many cals u bringing in daily?

Daily, im lookin at anywhere from 3800-4500. It fluxuates because im not only eating my own food but food from college too. I eat good food that they offer (tuna, chicken, pasta, etc), but sometimes i cant get just what i want.

Ive slacked off slightly when it comes to home diet though, so ill have to get that back in line, alter it slightly, and go from there.

Thanks everyone.

Hed
    Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder
    That's a bad idea up your dose..wtf? Anytime something goes as not expected every Joe Blow gives advice "just up your dose". They know sh*t. Your diet and training is what is important and besides what is wrong with 18lbs in 7 weeks? Suspect you are holding some water and its normal to have your gains come slower but the slower gains are better anyways. The analogy of your body getting accustomed like sex is ridiculus at best.

This advice given by saluu................watching him talk is like watching a dog poop: you seen it once, and already your sick of it.

joeben22 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hed
    This advice given by saluu................watching him talk is like watching a dog poop: you seen it once, and already your sick of it.
    LMAO

Juice08 is offline Junior Member

Abolutely. What a douschebag!

DrugsrGood is offline Associate Member
    [QUOTE=Hed]Daily, im lookin at anywhere from 3800-4500.[QUOTE]
    If it were me, I'd eat waaaay more. I think I remember you saying youre an ecto. I am too, and continued seeing decent gains at the end of a 6 month cycle.... I eat 8,000-10,000cals. I know its time to eat...when I'm done eating.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Listen I have done 1 gram of testosterone /week with 500 mg deca /wk and didnt workout as hard as I am now and gained much less then now that my testerone only cycle is staying on 500 mg. Yes I actually LOWERED my weekly dose a lot from my last cycle as well as no stack, just straight testosterone and I am growing significantly better now due to improvements in my workout schedule, diet, and how I workout.

I think doing testosterone only is all anyone needs, testosterone doesnt guarantee gains, it just improves your ability and healing time. Thats not to say that you cant grow like crazy on testosterone. Make it a longer cycle and you can do all kinds of growing and its highly keepable. Actually the longer the cycle the more keepable the gains are. Recoveries from a 6 month 500 mg a week cycle is in my experience easier then a 2 month cycle on tren or deca.

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrugsrGood
    If it were me, I'd eat waaaay more. I think I remember you saying youre an ecto. I am too, and continued seeing decent gains at the end of a 6 month cycle.... I eat 8,000-10,000cals. I know its time to eat...when I'm done eating.
    DrugsrGood,

8,000-10,000 calories per day, aye? I'm not going to flame, you. But, I will say that it gets on my nerves when people appear to be exaggerating for no reason. Are you counting your calories or are you guessing?

Now that I've calmed down...
    Would you write out a sample of your 10,000 calories per day menu along with your current body weight, waist size and bodyfat percentage?

It's highly unlikely that you've been eating that many calories without becoming a ball of fat.
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 02-28-2005 at 11:31 PM.

Ive put on 18lbs and im holding steady. I dont know what it is. Im still eating like ive been eating, only thing ive really changed is I may not be getting enough sleep.

I dont know if my body got used to my food routine or what, maybe throw in more meat instead of dairy (in terms of protein), but im stuck.

What gives?
    As you grow, you need to eat more. There are three things that MUST be done correctly in order to continue to grow:
    1. Diet
    2. Rest
    3. Workout intensity

If you aren't resting well (as you mentioned), then that's one of the main reasons you're not growing. If you havent adjusted your calories for the additional LEAN BODY MASS (lean muscle, NOT fat), then you will not grow.

Start resting correctly, and bump up your calories slightly--perhaps about 200-500 calories per day over what you're currently eating. You should also adjust your protein intake to compensate for the gained weight.

Gee umm... carbs/protein=4cals per gram, fat=9???? Believe it or not, you arent the only person out there that knos anything bout this stuff. I could give half a f**k if you believe me dude...to be honest with you. No exaggeration at all, I am an ecto...as stated above, and Literally never stop eating. Have up to 8 meals per day and 1-2 2,000 cal shakes... thanks for asking.
    Last edited by DrugsrGood; 02-28-2005 at 11:58 PM.

I could give half a f**k if you believe me dude...to be honest with you. No exaggeration at all, I am an ecto...as stated above, and Literally never stop eating. Have up to 8 meals per day and 1-2 2,000 cal shakes... thanks for asking.
    No, I don't believe you...not because I think your lying, but because I think you exaggerated your calories without ever having seriously counted them.

It's a common mistake. There are a lot of people who think they are eating 4000 calories per day yet are puzzled why they aren't growing. When I get them to analyze their diet and really count calories, they find that they are eating far less (usually in the low 2,000 cal range).

10,000 calories per day is a hell of a lot to be consuming while still maintaining 8-10% bodyfat--which your profile currently indicates.

Even when people disagree with you openly, you'll do far better by not coming back at them by cussing and grandstanding. It's one of the easiest ways to be shown the exit.

Buddy, I suggest you pm me if you want me to waste my ****ing time talking to you. Truth have it, I have been researching on this site daily for bout a year, and DID respect you. You are now going to go out of your way to question whether or not.. I know how to count calories...? I am OBSESSED with getting bigger always, and do happen to know a thing or too as well...bf% is just an educated guess. Calories are a fact. You can choose to believe it or not. Nice getting acquainted with you.

EatRite is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by saluu
    It like having sex everyday with same girl for 365 days sooner or later you get bored. Do something out of the ordinary throw in another compound or

another girl???

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    sniff sniff i smell some hostility in here LOL J/K guys....
    true ur getting bigger and gianing weight but still keeping the same diet, in that case u need to relook ur diet and ajust it to ur current weight, good luck bro hope everything goes well....

Buddy, I suggest you pm me if you want me to waste my ****ing time talking to you. Truth have it, I have been researching on this site daily for bout a year, and DID respect you. You are now going to go out of your way to question whether or not.. I know how to count calories...? I am OBSESSED with getting bigger always, and do happen to know a thing or too as well...bf% is just an educated guess. Calories are a fact. You can choose to believe it or not. Nice getting acquainted with you.
    I'm not going to fight you on your attitude, bro. If you clash with someone less patient than I, then you'll be tossed out. Simple fact.

No one questioned your knowledge. But, I doubt that you're eating 10,000 calories per day while maintaining 8-10% bodyfat.

Gee umm... carbs/protein=4cals per gram, fat=9???? Believe it or not, you arent the only person out there that knos anything bout this stuff. I could give half a f**k if you believe me dude...to be honest with you. No exaggeration at all, I am an ecto...as stated above, and Literally never stop eating. Have up to 8 meals per day and 1-2 2,000 cal shakes... thanks for asking.
    Hmmm I think we got a hyjack going on... the conversation completely turned away from Hed's question by an insult and disrespect and this directed towards one of the most highly respected VETs around. And the man is on TRT and has been studying diet and exercise for longer then this kid has been alive.

I hope of the other MODs dont come and see this or someone is going to get banned.

Look bro, I'm not trying to pick a fight with you, like i said in my post, I have respected your opinion more than 99% of dudes on this site. You are obviously very knowledgeable on all topics... but I do find it very offensive for you to basically drop the topic of the thread, just to flame me...over something you know absolutely nothing of(my food intake). I am sorry eating 8,000+cals seems unlikely to you, but this is my whole life... I am not some ignorant kid eating a few fat/sodium packed microwave meals here and there, and assuming I am hitting 8,000 cal mark. Also, whe in doubt, I will have up to two 2,000 calorie shakes.

VERY SORRY FOR JACKING THREAD!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    Hmmm I think we got a hyjack going on... the conversation completely turned away from Hed's question by an insult and disrespect and this directed towards one of the most highly respected VETs around. And the man is on TRT and has been studying diet and exercise for longer then this kid has been alive.

I hope of the other MODs dont come and see this or someone is going to get banned.
    Thanks, bro.

What gives?
    To get the thread back on track...
    As I mentioned in my post to you, you should consider increasing your calories and getting more rest (since you mentioned that you're currently not geting much rest). Check my other post to you (in this thread) for further info.

EatRite is offline Senior Member

i suggest you.....

cut back on the test. shots...

relax man... we're all just hangin out... no need for the hostility... bask8case knows his sh*t... and i know that 10k calories is highly unlikely... just because you are an ectomorph does not mean that your body naturally burns an extra 4k calories a day... its morel ike 300 to 400 extra calories... and if you walk 5 to 10 miles a day then it will be about 2000 extra calories... 10 k calories is far more than an exaggeration... assuming you are getting 400 g of protein, you still need 8400 cals... thats about 1500 g carbs and 260 g fat about... no way man... one serving of rice is 31 g carbs and a bagel is about 50 g carbs... that means you are eating the equivalant of 10 chix breasts, 30 bagels and almost one pound of fat a day... hard to believe man....... hard to believej.....................

Look bro, I'm not trying to pick a fight with you, like i said in my post, I have respected your opinion more than 99% of dudes on this site. You are obviously very knowledgeable on all topics... but I do find it very offensive for you to basically drop the topic of the thread, just to flame me...over something you know absolutely nothing of(my food intake). I am sorry eating 8,000+cals seems unlikely to you, but this is my whole life... I am not some ignorant kid eating a few fat/sodium packed microwave meals here and there, and assuming I am hitting 8,000 cal mark. Also, whe in doubt, I will have up to two 2,000 calorie shakes.

VERY SORRY FOR JACKING THREAD!!
    Last comment on the hyjack... I had all I could do to eat 4500-5000 calaries a day. I am ectomorph to the max and I got FAT. Of course eating clean, you cannot do the 8000 calarie mark. You can eat like Olive Garden dinners which CAN have 2800 calaries sitting on one plate, but dinners like these make anyone FAT. One thing in common about ectomorphs, they definately dont eat like FAT people... hmmm makes you think about that. Me, I think I am good to eat a Wendy's triple with a super size combo deal. My brother, he smokes me at lunch... a triple burger and two grilled chicken sandwich, 2 baked potatoes AND a biggie fry. Me... I am ectomorph but I am the pretty boy with 9% body fat, 185# all built... brother - 305#, 40% body fat, 58 inch waist... and you are eating 8000 calaries a day in microwave TV dinners????!?!?!?!

redmeat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude

I think doing testosterone only is all anyone needs, testosterone doesnt guarantee gains, it just improves your ability and healing time. Thats not to say that you cant grow like crazy on testosterone. Make it a longer cycle and you can do all kinds of growing and its highly keepable. Actually the longer the cycle the more keepable the gains are. Recoveries from a 6 month 500 mg a week cycle is in my experience easier then a 2 month cycle on tren or deca.

Not to create any more tangents but I tend to agree with this. Both about test only combined with good diet and training, and about longer cycles. I still stack sometimes but really all steroids are just derivatives of test anyway.

Good points on the testosterone , Ntpadude and redmeat.

Now help me pull this runaway train back on track and start focusing on Hed's original question about what could be causing his sudden plateau and what he can do to start growing again.

redmeat is offline Senior Member
    Seems like diet and rest are the big culprits. Try tracking your food intake on fitday.com and see how much protein and calories you're getting. Try to get 1.5-2.0 grams per lb of bodyweight.

Zennie is offline Junior Member
    Why don't you all just add admit that the fact that steroids (anyone for that matter) starts to become less and less effective after 8 weeks? Even after each cycle!Meaning if you are using a long acting test, after 4 weeks is when you really start to start and maybe week 6 you peak out in recovery abilities, then after week 8 you will gain a lot slower.

I really don't think it is so much the diet and training. Yes, that is important but I can bet you that if you started a cycle and just trained as per normal and eat normally as you would when off, you'd still gain pretty good. With or without steroids, diet and training works the same way. If you eat really well and train a lot harder while resting well, you will probably see more gains but then again that is exactly the same as when you're not on. I just accepted the fact that after 8 weeks, you just don't gain as much anymore.

For those that insist that it is due to training plateau and not eating enough, are you really telling me that from week 8-12 you'd be gaining as much as week 4-8 just because you ate more and trained with greater intensity? If so, you better be 300 lbs ripped to say that. Cos really, there is really so much bull in some advice saying they gained this amount of weight, and if you do this you will continue to grow, etc etc etc. If so, everyone would be 300 lb ripped to the bone freaks after a few long cycles. So assuming you start at 180 lbs, Say 10 lbs per month, with a 4 month cycle one can gain 40 lbs and lose maybe 10 lbs because they do "proper PCT". So after 1 cycle, at 210 lbs. 3 more cycles, then anyone will be 300 lbs. Get my point? Sorry to sound so skeptical but it is simply because I am not that 300 lb freak that some of you guys make it sound so simple to achieve......: ) I wish it was so easy!

One more thing, some people claim "I kept all my gains". That is total BS. I know for a fact that once I get off, even with NO water retention gains and no muscle loss, you lose the additional RBCs in your body which causes those massive pumps while on. Losing that extra RBC is at least a few lbs and more if your overall weight is above 200lbs. So, guys, please be more realistic when you write your experience because some newbie who doesn't filter out the crap would be greatly disappointed with their gains when in fact they are doing the right things.

Just my point of view, not trying to stir up anything or point fingers at anyone in particular.

Stumbo is offline Senior Member
    I agree with everything you said Zennie.

However....

He said his gains plateaued. If he would have said his gains SLOWED, then yes, that would come into play.

The first 8 weeks is when the most gains come for sure. Thats why I liked builking the first 10 weeks, then cutting the last 4. The last 4 weeks my body get use to the new weight, while the gear also preserves the muscle I gained while I drop the bf.

Great to hear that Stumbo! I was a bit over stating my point but glad someone understands where I am coming from. Yes, you're definitely right to point out plateaued vs slowed. It shouldn't plateau unless maybe you drop the dosage of AAS after the 10 week.

I am on my 3 week of my cycle now. Up by 7 lbs. Test E, Deca , Winstrol , and kick starting with Winny and prop for first 4 weeks. Will use vars about week 8, to induce a new spurt of growth and about week 11 I would start to cut for 3 weeks and when I start my PCT, I will go for maintenance level because PCT and low calories = muscle loss! I like the way you said to let the body stabilize so that you cut instead. Might as well right, since you can't get too much outta bulking!

Quote Originally Posted by Stumbo
    I agree with everything you said Zennie.

However....

He said his gains plateaued. If he would have said his gains SLOWED, then yes, that would come into play.

The first 8 weeks is when the most gains come for sure. Thats why I liked builking the first 10 weeks, then cutting the last 4. The last 4 weeks my body get use to the new weight, while the gear also preserves the muscle I gained while I drop the bf.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    [QUOTE=DrugsrGood][QUOTE=Hed]Daily, im lookin at anywhere from 3800-4500.
    Are you talking about 10kcals per day?? After the two shakes there is 6grand(k) more post your eating routine. Bro, very common to over assumme the actual amount of calories one eats in a day and more important is the type of calories that have nutritional value. If you post and realize that you are not eating 8-10k cals a day then it takes a real man just to admit they were wrong and there is nothing to be ashamed about that except showing good character...

I agree. That's like having to eat 10 fast food meals like Mc Donals meal, Taco bell meal, KFC meal. That's just pure unhealthy no matter what you eat. I doubt anyone can eat even close to that, EVEN with crap fast food. Talk about oat meal...I can't even make myself swallow more than 2 fist sized portions....Imagine having to eat like 30 portions a day. I don't even want to think about it. I get sick thinking about it. So if you really do eat 10K cals, I think you are probably about 300 lbs ripped....Care to post a pic?

And please don't get defensive....it is hard to believe what you're saying and everyone here has been quite nice in not going all out to flame you....really. Think about how others would interpret your post. If it smells like sh1t, it probably is.

Are you talking about 10kcals per day?? After the two shakes there is 6grand(k) more post your eating routine. Bro, very common to over assumme the actual amount of calories one eats in a day and more important is the type of calories that have nutritional value. If you post and realize that you are not eating 8-10k cals a day then it takes a real man just to admit they were wrong and there is nothing to be ashamed about that except showing good character...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information