Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Beefkake31 is offline Member

Dangers of Steroids

I'm just copying and pasting this from another forum from Jcp2 a mod at another forum.

"This is copy and pasted from Massmuscleinc.com, it is a post by masswithclass, I just think you all should read, remember their are a lot of factors that go into something like this, but it seems kidney disease has been creeping up on some bodybuilders as of late.

Alot of you people know me, but for those who don't i'm a 2 time state middleweight Pa State champion in the NPC. I also took it to the next level 2 times competing at Nationals for the allmighty PRO card. I recently was diagnosed with Renal Kidney Failure, that means basically my kidney are shutting down. I need dialysis 3 times a week for 4 hours a session to stay alive. Kidney problems do not run in my family, nobody in my family has ever had a kidney related issue.
    You have to realize there are consiquenses to your actions with AAS, do not think that you are invinsible.
    I was recently prepping for the state championships, i figured this is my year for the overall state title Mr Pennsyvania and it was balls to the wall. About 6 weeks out i started throwing up every day sometimes 2 times a day, my ankles were holding water and my skin was turning very pale and i was so fatigued but i pushed on anyway thinking i was being a pussy. Finally it got so bad i could harly breathe and was truely afraid that something very serious was wrong. I went to the doctor for bloodwork, he sent it out stat the next thing i know he called me and wanted me in the hospital NOW. I went to intensive care where they gave me 4 units of blood and blood pressure meds, turns out my kidney's where shutting of and have been doing so for some time now. I went from prepping for a state title to having a doctor sitting in front of me telling me "you need a transplant". If i would have had bloodwork and payed attention to it i would more than likey not been in this grim position. Nobody talks about the bad side of steroids on these boards, so i just wanted you to know what you are getting into. I don't mean to lecture, i was asked to write this piece to make people realize there is a bad side about steroids that most people are in denial about.
    Thank you for listening and hopefully i can help some of you from being in the same position as me some day.

I am a non drinker, non smoker, i have had a very strict diet since 1996 always lean. I have to say that i have also taken the ephedrine, caffeine, aspirin stack since 1991 nonstop, and nsaids for joint and muscle pain. Once again this is not in my genes and i am only 37. We all know anadrol , d-bol, winny, halo, and tren are harsh substances, but the quest for size blinds us to the negative aspects of these drugs. I'm not saying don't do them, that is a personal choice but at least be careful.

I never juiced like some of these people on the boards. **** was hard to come by where i live so cycles were very basic with average doses. I never did 1 gram of test a week, d-bol would be 50mg a day tops, and anadrol would be 150 mg a day for a maximum of a week during a cycle. The thing is that i never really came off since 1996. Figured i'd never turn pro if i took time off."

Stackertoo is offline Member
    [QUOTE= The thing is that i never really came off since 1996. Figured i'd never turn pro if i took time off."[/QUOTE]
    'Nuff said.

Beefkake31 is offline Member
    [QUOTE=Stackertoo]
    Quote Originally Posted by The thing is that i never really came off since 1996. Figured i'd never turn pro if i took time off."[/QUOTE
    'Nuff said.
    I know, I just copied and pasted this from a mod, figured it would be informational to read.

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    he was on a eca stack for 14 years WTF that alone would do you in

Stackertoo is offline Member
    Not knocking the post, bro. If this guy blasted juice for 9 years straight, there are others foolish enough to do the same. You can never have too much info

RUballs0514 is offline Associate Member
    makes you worry about some of the cycles that you see people tryin to do right off the bat.

Hed
    Hed is offline Senior Member
    Makes me curious to see some of the bloodwork of our guys on here (i.e. bdtr, and the other extremely heavy juicers).

But still, 9 years on, you gotta expect something like that.

BIGGIE_smalls is offline Associate Member
    wow, thats a pretty long effing time.. he sure didn't cycle "on or off" like your suppose to, i have aspirations to making it to the next level, and hopefully in 2006, i could do the nationals in las vegas, but i also know that you need to give your body breaks, so at least you could stay in the game.

not bashing this guy, but he effed up big time, and now he's giving us his sob stroy bout the negatives of juicing.. well, i think he's an idiot for not coming off when he should of, and prolly ran a lot of different types of AA17(orals) that shouldn't been run together... oh effin well bud...

my .2cents
    -Biggie

TheMindOfRoss is offline Banned
    I am 21 years old, 5'10, 180 lbs, 7% BF, EAGERLY awaiting my first cycle. I am a scientific person, so I have done extensive research on the plethora of anabolic /androgenic compounds that exist. I have siffed through thosands of posts, experiences, and informational materials. I have concluded that, like anything else, in moderation, one can use these remarkable compunds EFFECTIVELY and RESPONSIBLY. Remeber those hillarious old 60's commercials and advertisements that said "MARIJUANA will KILL YOU". The media always misrespresents the facts. And, sometimes NEGATES the FACTS altogether. YES, these compounds (like anything else) are dangerous if not used PROPERLY. But by being educated, mature, and diciplined, one can avoid these dangerous aspects almost entirely.
    My 2 Cents.......

Danbrooks2k is offline Member
    i have also taken the ephedrine, caffeine, aspirin stack since 1991 nonstop, what 13 years... and he stayed on cycle for almost the last 10 years... well duh... he dosent represent the majority of steroid users, not by a long shot...

he wasnt using steroids as a means to an end, sounds like he was using them as life support...

They come around these forums and post thier sad stories, because the game is over for them and they dont want to go down alone.

$hit if I stayed on for 10 years I would pretty much expect to die, I certainly wouldnt act all suprized all of a sudden when I was all ****ed up...

I am sure he was pissing blood and had alot of other symptoms years before it all came crashing down on him, he decided to ignore them.

But I really love reading posts like this, they make me not feel so bad about the dumb $hit I have done in the past... hell I am a frigging genius compared to this guy.

insanepump621 is offline Member
    i think taking ephederine caffeine and asipirin on a consistent basis is part of the problem dont blame it all on AS

Juddman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMindOfRoss
    I am 21 years old, 5'10, 180 lbs, 7% BF, EAGERLY awaiting my first cycle. I am a scientific person, so I have done extensive research on the plethora of anabolic /androgenic compounds that exist. I have siffed through thosands of posts, experiences, and informational materials. I have concluded that, like anything else, in moderation, one can use these remarkable compunds EFFECTIVELY and RESPONSIBLY. Remeber those hillarious old 60's commercials and advertisements that said "MARIJUANA will KILL YOU". The media always misrespresents the facts. And, sometimes NEGATES the FACTS altogether. YES, these compounds (like anything else) are dangerous if not used PROPERLY. But by being educated, mature, and diciplined, one can avoid these dangerous aspects almost entirely.
    My 2 Cents.......
    I agree 100%. Of course if you use every drug in the book year round youre gonna get serious adverse side effects, just like if I were to drink a case of beer everyday, take a handful of caffein pills, etc. If you over-do any drug you will probably get adverse effects. That doens't mean that you can't use alcohol, caffeine, even steroids in moderation and usually avoid those effects. In some rare cases people will have adverse reactions to minimal doses of anything, like an allergy for instance. But I would consider that the exception and not the rule.

Danbrooks2k is offline Member
    very good observation... it certainly wasnt helping his case, thats for sure... all of these roid horror stories and never one with out some kind of extenuating circumstances... like over use, other drugs, prior conditions, or just plain stupidity...

mohawkman is offline Associate Member
    this guy must be one bad mother to eaven survive a 14 year cycle!

Joey2ness is offline Member
    for us who arent going to compete or be really huge
    disease's arent a problem until your really big and muscular
    correct me if im WRONG!

moregunsthanroses is offline Associate Member
    he says he hasnt come off since 1996 thats 9 years. you must have been confused his been on ephedrine caffine aspirin stack for 14 just to clarify. i think in order to become a steroid user u must have an obbession with getting bigger and muscles. this is why some crazy mofos dont ever cycle off because they think they will just keep on getting bigger and bigger which is true but in turn you will f up your body for good

Quote Originally Posted by BIGGIE_smalls
    wow, thats a pretty long effing time.. he sure didn't cycle "on or off" like your suppose to, i have aspirations to making it to the next level, and hopefully in 2006, i could do the nationals in las vegas, but i also know that you need to give your body breaks, so at least you could stay in the game.

not bashing this guy, but he effed up big time, and now he's giving us his sob stroy bout the negatives of juicing.. well, i think he's an idiot for not coming off when he should of, and prolly ran a lot of different types of AA17(orals) that shouldn't been run together... oh effin well bud...

my .2cents
    -Biggie
    Oh let me bow down to you mr. smalls, do you think any of the pros come off? You sir are a deuchebag, for saying that i am giving you a sob story. Sob story my ass, i'm on dialysis 3 days a week and still hitting the gym hard as hell. What a ****tard!

newbrew is offline Senior Member
    steroids are dangerous?!!?

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    I think it is wise to consider all factors and to realize there is a real risk to this, this is not childs play. Also we are all made differently some are affected worse than others. For example I don't drink anymore but for many years I drank a fifth of vodka a day two a day on Fri., Sat and Sun. I did this for 10 years, my liver and kidneys were beat up but running pretty well and made a full recovery. This would kill or seriously injure some people.

9000rpm is offline Member
    I feel bad for the guy, but it is all his fault. He was the one making stupid decisions like staying on gear for 9 years and an ECA stack for 14 years. After I read the last paragraph, I dismissed all of his words of caution because they are totally negated by his last paragraph. I would NEVER think of staying on any gear for longer than 4 months, and I regularly take breaks from my ephedra.

But I still feel bad for the guy, even though he's dumb for doing that to himself. He has the typical addiction tendancies. If it wasn't gear, it would have been something else.

I disagree, what do you think the percentages of guys that come out with little or no effects that run mild cycles, even for that long. Every BBer on the planet would be on dialysis.

9000rpm is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    I disagree, what do you think the percentages of guys that come out with little or no effects that run mild cycles, even for that long. Every BBer on the planet would be on dialysis.
    I somewhat agree also. Some people's bodies just can't withstand that kind of treatment. Just because his family doesn't have a history of kidney problems, doesn't mean that they aren't all very succeptible to disease or other illnesses. He could have even gotten the one fragile gene that let this happen.

Many other BBers are on much heavier cycles that he was. But I have no idea how long most BBers stay on their cycles either. I hope they don't stay on for years.

alluprbdy is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by insanepump621
    i think taking ephederine caffeine and asipirin on a consistent basis is part of the problem dont blame it all on AS
    I think thats the main problem not part of it. Asprin alone every day for that long could give you problems.

ECA is alot more dangerous than most people think IMO

Big Rig is offline Associate Member
    Kinda off steroid subject but on dyalisis subjet. I know a person that has type 2 diabetes for 20+ years. she was on dyalisis for 3 years....**** near killed her. Everything was shutting down because of it. She got a transplant and she a new person!!!!

MASSWITHCLASS - I know it's gotta be hard dealing with the news but stay strong and get on the list and they will find you a kidney man.

Peace.

absolutebob is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Rig
    Kinda off steroid subject but on dyalisis subjet. I know a person that has type 2 diabetes for 20+ years. she was on dyalisis for 3 years....**** near killed her. Everything was shutting down because of it. She got a transplant and she a new person!!!!

MASSWITHCLASS - I know it's gotta be hard dealing with the news but stay strong and get on the list and they will find you a kidney man.

Peace.
    As much as it was not a smart idea in most of our opinions we should have a little more respect. From what I've heard BDTR is always on. Would you guys sit here and talk about him like this? It is very sad this has happened to you MASSWITHCLASS. I wish you the best luck. As BIG RIG said get your self on that list and just start praying man.

Steroids are not ever 100% safe and I don't find it necessary to bash someone because you are in denial that nothing will ever happen to you. Yes this guy may has some flaws in his past supp and AAS usage, I am sure he has thought of everything he wishes he could take back such as the forever long ECA stack, and non stop AAS usage but I won't stand to here someone bash another for the mistakes they have made. MASSwith class I am behind you bro, and I admire your strength considering you are still and the gym and at the hospital. GOOD LUCK BRO!!

absolutebob is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by the hulkster
    Steroids are not ever 100% safe and I don't find it necessary to bash someone because you are in denial that nothing will ever happen to you. Yes this guy may has some flaws in his past supp and AAS usage, I am sure he has thought of everything he wishes he could take back such as the forever long ECA stack, and non stop AAS usage but I won't stand to here someone bash another for the mistakes they have made. MASSwith class I am behind you bro, and I admire your strength considering you are still and the gym and at the hospital. GOOD LUCK BRO!!
    Like I said earlier I agree and am sort of ashamed at how some people have acted to someone else that is in the BB community. We are suppose to be bros and watch out and encourage each other. Who else can we count on Jose Conseco.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    For those of you who didn't know. MWC passed away a few days ago. God bless.

dirtyvegas is offline Senior Member
    i think the story is terrible. i too have dreams about being the best on stage.there is nothing wrong with that .and hes right about the pros never comming off..!! but being on gear that long is no good either. i dont reccommend it. and eca stack for 14 years is deffinatly not the best choice to be making. he wanted his goals to come true and ther is nothing wrong with him makin those dicisions..i dont enjoy seeing threads like this. i will never turn from them, i will always read them and try to understand from there perspective, it open my eyes..RIP hommie

robkesl is offline Senior Member
    that sucks, it makes me think about the other people, like yates and coleman, im sure yates was on a continous cycle, and just by looking at ronnie you know he doesnt take time off.

hellapimpin is offline Anabolic Member
    damn that was a sad ass reading!!! i just read the post in the other forum about him and didnt really feel it, until i just read this entire forum and seeing how people reacted and his response and then...realizing, this is the guy that just died.......in my prayers!

Big M is offline Associate Member
    I am 21 years old, 5'10, 180 lbs, 7% BF, EAGERLY awaiting my first cycle. I am a scientific person, so I have done extensive research on the plethora of anabolic/androgenic compounds that exist. I have siffed through thosands of posts, experiences, and informational materials. I have concluded that, like anything else, in moderation, one can use these remarkable compunds EFFECTIVELY and RESPONSIBLY. Remeber those hillarious old 60's commercials and advertisements that said "MARIJUANA will KILL YOU". The media always misrespresents the facts. And, sometimes NEGATES the FACTS altogether. YES, these compounds (like anything else) are dangerous if not used PROPERLY. But by being educated, mature, and diciplined, one can avoid these dangerous aspects almost entirely.

Amen to that bro, took the words right out of my mouth

Regardless of opinions...maswithclass passed away. Sad times.

Heracles74 is offline Senior Member
    What a meat head... he was on for 9 years straight?
    Even pro bodybuilder's should exude some discipline.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_Maddawg
    The guy just fvcking died. He made some mistakes and paid the ultimate price. He never had the info that we have today.

Show a little sympathy. He was a good bro.

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    One more outburst like that and you're gone... He was never
    anything but a honest good bro to everyone and if you think
    those comments are going to be put up with you're wrong...

He just past away and his family is dealing with a lose... Grow
    up already... Like he was the first or only guy to ever push the
    limits to try to acheive his goals... And you have no idea what
    pro bodybuilders really do to look that way DO YOU?

Quote Originally Posted by Money Boss Hustla
    The guy just fvcking died. He made some mistakes and paid the ultimate price. He never had the info that we have today.

Show a little sympathy. He was a good bro.
    I didn't mean any disrespect MBH... I'm sur ehe was a great guy but maybe he would be here today if he would have showed a little more discipline and cycling off every now and then... I just hope some of these young kids on here see this and learn. I hope they use it as an example of what not to do.

I didn't mean any disrespect MBH... I'm sur ehe was a great guy but maybe he would be here today if he would have showed a little more discipline and cycling off every now and then... I just hope some of these young kids on here see this and learn. I hope they use it as an example of what not to do.
    That's why he posted it. As usual he helped people learn. He never had the internet to help him back in the day. Neither did I. The information (or availability of information) from then to now has completely changed.

masswithclass was a good bro. There was a lot of people who liked him. You might be pissing some people off with the negativity. Just my .02

Well, nevertheless, I meant no disrespect.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information