I'm trying to cut but cant lose any weight for the life of me, is gear why??

Ok, I'm in the process of dieting right now, and also running some gear to aid in my muscle retention. It seems like no matter what the f*ck I do, I have not been able to drop below 228 lbs. I've been doing cardio 4-5 days a week at 45 min. sessions, I usually burn 6-700 calories a session. I train 6 days a week right now, about an hour a training session(not counting cardio) My diet is tight, really tight. I dropped cheat days and just do cheat meals now, and when I do them it's in the morning to early afternoon so the food doesnt sit in me when I go to bed. I'm running 100mg prop ed, 75mg tren eod, frontloaded some EQ at 800 mg the first wk, now 400 mg/wk for the next 13 weeks, and I'm hitting 200 mcg clen ed. I mean, it seems like I'm making progress and getting leaner, however the weight seems to be stuck at 228 lbs ,and has been for 4 or 5 weeks now. Is it possible that even at 228 lbs on only 2800 calories a day and cardio up the as* that I'm not losing any weight because of the gear I'm on?? Or maybe I'm not eating enough, I've thought of that too, do you guys think I should try a trial week where I eat more like 3500-4000 cals a day? Maybe that may boost the metabolism. Anyways, here is a pic of me taken 4 weeks ago and another taken just this past weekend. I am 228lbs in both pics. Any thoughts? Thanks

my bad, pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I'm trying to cut but cant lose any weight for the life of me, is gear why??-shred-pic.jpg   I'm trying to cut but cant lose any weight for the life of me, is gear why??-cutting-pics-1st-series-019.jpg  

newbrew is offline Senior Member
    Are you positive your BF% isnt going down? You may be in fact losing fat and gaining muscle.

If that is the case then I dont see how you could expect to lose much weight...muscle weighs more than fat.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    are you doing your cardio in the morning on an empty stomach?

post up your diet in the appropriate forum for critique...

ironpumpindoc is offline Junior Member
    i don't see any pics, and i would like to see your diet. I am currently 220 and I think my diet should run about 2800 cals/day so I would like to see what you are eating. I am not really sure what you should do though. Try PM swole

newbrew is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    are you doing your cardio in the morning on an empty stomach?

post up your diet in the appropriate forum for critique...
    I dont know enough about it to say you are wrong, but I have heard quite a bit of people state that its a common mistake to make to assume you 'burn fat' on an empty stomach and that its actually better to have at least a little in your stomach while working out and/or doing cardio.

Ive always wondered why working out on an empty stomach would make a difference. The calories you are 'burning' are what is stored, not whats in your stomach, right?

ironpumpindoc is offline Junior Member
    now i see the pics, you do look leaner in the second . . . check you bf% like they said

Quote Originally Posted by newbrew
    The calories you are 'burning' are what is stored, not whats in your stomach, right?
    Right... if there is food in your digestive track then you're burning that before fat burning starts... and essentially skipping a meal, which is bad for muscle maintenance.

my diet is this, to a T;

breakfast 7:00 am- 7 egg whites, 1 whole egg
    1 bowl of oatmeal

mid morning 10:15 am -1 boneless skinless chicken breast, 2 tbls. flax oil.

lunch - 12:45pm- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, 1 serving brown rice

mid afternoon- 3:30p- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast OR 2 cans tuna, 2 spoonfulls natty peanut butter

pre workout- 5:30p - either a can of tuna OR another chicken breast, 1 serving of otmeal OR brown rice

PWO meal- shake w/ 50-60 grams whey, 70-80 grams dextrose

PPWO meal- another chicken breast or can of tuna, 40-50 grams of carbs in the form of oats, either another 2 tbls. flax oil or another scoop or two of natty peanut butter OR a small handful of plain almonds.

This is how I will cheat: Sun morning- IHOPP for breakfast(pancakes and eggs and bacon)

Wed afternoon- usually 3 or 4 slices of pizza, these are my only cheat meals throughout the entire week.

Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    my diet is this, to a T;

breakfast 7:00 am- 7 egg whites, 1 whole egg
    1 bowl of oatmeal

mid morning 10:15 am -1 boneless skinless chicken breast, 2 tbls. flax oil.

lunch - 12:45pm- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, 1 serving brown rice

mid afternoon- 3:30p- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast OR 2 cans tuna, 2 spoonfulls natty peanut butter

pre workout- 5:30p - either a can of tuna OR another chicken breast, 1 serving of otmeal OR brown rice

PWO meal- shake w/ 50-60 grams whey, 70-80 grams dextrose

PPWO meal- another chicken breast or can of tuna, 40-50 grams of carbs in the form of oats, either another 2 tbls. flax oil or another scoop or two of natty peanut butter OR a small handful of plain almonds.

This is how I will cheat: Sun morning- IHOPP for breakfast(pancakes and eggs and bacon)

Wed afternoon- usually 3 or 4 slices of pizza, these are my only cheat meals throughout the entire week.

You'd get better service in the diet forum. Also putting amounts of foods and totaling up protein/fat/carbs for each meal would be beneficial. IE "bowl of oatmeal" and tell us how big your chicken breasts are approximately.

What kind of oatmeal?

When are you doing cardio?

I hit my cardio after my workout, I've heard to do it in the morning but if I do it in the am then I will lose sleep and will probably only get like 6 hrs a night of rest. So its like a catch 22 you know?

I hit my cardio after my workout, I've heard to do it in the morning but if I do it in the am then I will lose sleep and will probably only get like 6 hrs a night of rest. So its like a catch 22 you know?
    Could always go to sleep an hour earlier and wake up an hour early...

whitehulk is offline Banned
    if your tying to loose bf then your eating to much with that diet. cut down and do cardio by itsef not after workout. thats just makes your muscles wait another 45 min to 1 hour to get that PWO meal in. thats way to much time to not be eating after your workout. i am typically a lil chubby all my life so with my own experience of am cardio for 35-45 min with nothing in your stomach and waiting another 30 min after to eat i have last that stubborn fat off my obliques.

Zennie is offline Junior Member
    But don't forget that the steroids you're taking will add some water retention, even with the prop. Even if you don't consider water retention, your amount of blood (RBCs) are more and thus you probably weigh at least a few lbs heavier than if you were off the juice. You seem to have everything done correctly, what you need now is patience. Don't look at yourself and weigh yourself everyday, because it isn't going to change overnight. It is obvious in the pic that even when ON gear, you still look a bit leaner...that means that you have lost quite some bodyfat.
    Actually I realized that you're using EQ as well and that should affect your blood volume as well. Think about the extra pumps and hardness you get, cos they weigh something too! I would say probably close to 5 lbs (water and increased RBCs), looking at your size......

I think you're on the right track. Don't be discouraged. By the way, I'd do 120mcg of clen max.....I won't take the risk to go above that. 200mcg seems a bit excessive.
    Last edited by Zennie; 03-02-2005 at 12:06 AM.

are you takin an AI like arimidex or femara?

brew035 is offline Associate Member
    Have you read the cutting sticky im sure that would help you out. I think the protein to dextrose ratio is 1:2 so yours should be 50-60 and 100-120. keep the protein cut the calories. If you cut to much of the protein you will start to loose muscle. Maybe just cut it back to exactly what you need.

But you need to do your cardio in the morning. Because as soon as you drink your PWO it stops fat loss to start recovery. Try a search on cardio in the AM. You will find out why people do it.

I dont know to me your diet looks like a bulking diet not a cutting diet.JMO

Whitey is offline Anabolic Member
    Bro, you do look a little leaner there in the second pic. It could have something to do with the lighting and/or angle, but I see a big difference in the chest, and you also look leaner in the stomach, although the upper abs look about the same in both. My guess is you are holding a little bit of water and any fat loss you've had has been offset by muscle growth. I would not worry about weight at all, though - I'd rather be 230 and ripped than 200 and ripped. If you can put on lean mass while trimming down, do it. I think you chose the right combination of AAS to do that as well. IOW, I think there's no chance the gear is keeping the fat on you.

With your adherence to your diet, which looks pretty good by the way, I would think you would really be dropping bf. Especially with the clen and cardio... How long have you been on this regimine?

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey
    Bro, you do look a little leaner there in the second pic. It could have something to do with the lighting and/or angle, but I see a big difference in the chest, and you also look leaner in the stomach, although the upper abs look about the same in both. My guess is you are holding a little bit of water and any fat loss you've had has been offset by muscle growth. I would not worry about weight at all, though - I'd rather be 230 and ripped than 200 and ripped. If you can put on lean mass while trimming down, do it. I think you chose the right combination of AAS to do that as well. IOW, I think there's no chance the gear is keeping the fat on you.

With your adherence to your diet, which looks pretty good by the way, I would think you would really be dropping bf. Especially with the clen and cardio... How long have you been on this regimine?
    I've been on the gear now for 4 1/2 weeks but only been on the clen 1 week, been on the diet for a total of 10 weeks right now, I let myself get pretty big and bloated over the winter which I wont do again because it's just makes the diet phase that much harder on you. For myself, the super low carb stuff just doesnt work, it makes it so I cant even have a decent workout or keep much muscle. I've tried that route before, didnt work well for me. I'd like to start doing more am cardio, but I just dont think it works miracles like people make it out to sound. I mean, it's easy to say"get up earlier, get to sleep earlier" but when you are still trying to have at least half a life outside the gym and you work a full time job your cutting into your sleep any way you want to look at it. However, as the show this spring narrows in I think I am going to start doubling the sessions and having an am one as well, probably 5-6 weeks out I will. Thanks for all the comments and suggestions, I'll keep you all posted with pics to show the progress.

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    I was in your shoes 100% exactly. I wasnt moving any weight on the scale but body fat was converting to lean mass. Dont sweat what the scale says. also, just cause you are doing 45min of cardio doesnt mean anything. make sure the intensity is there. I used the elliptical to lose 53lbs when i was on only winny though. Its the easiest to keep your heart rate up on that for me atleast it was. also, when i was on winny only i tried clen and lost nothing. i switched back to the eca stack and started dropping weight again.

seanw is offline Banned
    my bad, pics
    Jesus I wish I looked that "Bad"

timeismoney is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Mike
    I was in your shoes 100% exactly. I wasnt moving any weight on the scale but body fat was converting to lean mass. Dont sweat what the scale says. also, just cause you are doing 45min of cardio doesnt mean anything. make sure the intensity is there. I used the elliptical to lose 53lbs when i was on only winny though. Its the easiest to keep your heart rate up on that for me atleast it was. also, when i was on winny only i tried clen and lost nothing. i switched back to the eca stack and started dropping weight again.

I agree with what you said about intensity. Supplements and aas are prolly not the problem at all if you are taking proper precautions, nor is it the answer. Try simple things like picking up the intensity throughout your workouts, areobic and anerobic. Shorten the time you take between lifts or maybe add an extra cardio session in every week and slowly work up. It takes time as you know, keep up the good work and enjoy your gains week by week.

Sorry to point it out FAT MIKE but I have seen it a few times. Fat does not and cannot convert to muscle. However it does appear that way sometimes. While you are loosing fat your body doesn't necisarily have to be putting on muscle mass to keep your weight the same. Muscle or mitochondrial density is the first thing that is effected by training and while you lose the fat, your muscle is getting more dense and keeping the weight the same in some cases. Sorry to point it out, just thought it should be.

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by timeismoney

Sorry to point it out FAT MIKE but I have seen it a few times. Fat does not and cannot convert to muscle. However it does appear that way sometimes. While you are loosing fat your body doesn't necisarily have to be putting on muscle mass to keep your weight the same. Muscle or mitochondrial density is the first thing that is effected by training and while you lose the fat, your muscle is getting more dense and keeping the weight the same in some cases. Sorry to point it out, just thought it should be.

oops I misworded it thanks. I didnt mean convert ,but you can add muscle while dropping fat. I have done it. in 6 weeks I lost 9% body fat and put on 10lbs lean muscle. that was with doing cardio 45-1hr 5 days a week even after working out.

Thread Information