supplementsavvy is offline Junior Member

Testosterones or nandrolones for hair loss

Hey guys, maybe one of you guys can answer this for me, I've been trying to figure it out but can't.

I have a predisposition to hair loss and am taking Propecia for it. It works really well and I don't have any sides. I have only taken two short cycles before and am interested in getting back into it but I don't want to sacrifice my hair. Which steroid would be safer for a person with hair loss issues: an injectable testosterone taken with Avodart (probably cypionate as this is what's readily available to me) or a nandrolone (either deca or laurabolin ) taken by itself?

EastCoaster is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by supplementsavvy
    Hey guys, maybe one of you guys can answer this for me, I've been trying to figure it out but can't.

I have a predisposition to hair loss and am taking Propecia for it. It works really well and I don't have any sides. I have only taken two short cycles before and am interested in getting back into it but I don't want to sacrifice my hair. Which steroid would be safer for a person with hair loss issues: an injectable testosterone taken with Avodart (probably cypionate as this is what's readily available to me) or a nandrolone (either deca or laurabolin) taken by itself?

If I were to choose between the two in regard to my hairline, i'd run the deca . Test E is HORRIBLE in the hairline.

Thanks for the advice. I think I'll just have to run deca for a few weeks just as a trial to see what happens to my hair. If it's all good then I'll know that my body can handle nandrolones.

I buddy of mine loves his test btu has the same problem as me. He uses a crazy hair loss stack but it works

-Avodart 2.5 mg/day
    -Rogaine
    -Revivogen
    -Nizoral 2%
    -Topical spiro
    -Azleic acid
    -Vit A spray (before rogaine)
    -A shampoo which encourages circulation
    -A micronutrient shampoo
    -Emu oil

Needless to say he doesn't lose any hair while on cycle anymore!

***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    dont run deca and propecia! u ll lose ur hair. if u want to cycle than use test, finasterid fights the 5ar conversiopn to dht so that might work.

Thanks guys. They have a few new topical remedies out that look very promising. They have a topical Avodart with a liposomal delivery, I think this would really help with MPB. There are a few other topical DHT inhibitors in the works, can't wait till the miracle drugs hit the market. Rogaine and Finasteride are good, but not as effective as I had hoped.

Duke of Earl is offline Senior Member
    deca aloe sucks anyhow - I'd go test + avodart

filter123 is offline Junior Member
    what about test E with deca for a person pre-disposed to hair loss?

what would you suggest they stack with that to help fight the baldness????

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    Testosterone and a 5-AR blocker is best. You can avoid the effect of test on your prostate and scalp w/o affecting the benefits.

Inhibition of 5{alpha}-reductase blocks prostate effects of testosterone without blocking anabolic effects.

Borst SE, Lee JH, Conover CF.

VA Medical Center, GRECC-182, 1601 SW Archer Rd., Gainesville, FL 32608-1197. [email protected]).

We studied the effect of the 5alpha-reductase inhibitor MK-434 on responses to testosterone (T) in orchiectomized (ORX) male Brown Norway (BN) rats aged 13 mo. At 4 wk after ORX or sham surgery, a second surgery was performed to implant pellets delivering 1 mg T/day or placebo pellets. During the second 4 wk of the study, rats received injections of MK-434 (0.75 mg/day) or vehicle injections. Treatment with T elevated serum T to 75% above that for sham animals (P = 0.002) and did not affect serum dihydrotestosterone (DHT) or serum estradiol. T treatment also caused an elevation of prostate T and a marked elevation of prostate DHT. During the second half of the study, ORX rats lost an average of 18.86 +/- 4.62 g body wt. T completely prevented weight loss, and the effect was not inhibited by MK-434 (P < 0.001). ORX produced a nonsignificant trend toward a small (5%) decrease in the mass of the gastrocnemius muscle (P = 0.0819). This trend was also reversed by T, and the effect of T was not blocked by MK-434. T caused a significant 16% decrease in subcutaneous fat that was not blocked by MK-434 (P < 0.05). Finally, T caused a 65% decrease in urine excretion of deoxypyridinoline, a marker of bone resorption, and again the effect was not blocked by MK-434 (P < 0.0001). In contrast, T caused a greater than fivefold increase in prostate mass, and the effect was almost completely blocked by MK-434 (P < 0.0001). This study demonstrates that 5alpha-reductase inhibitors may block the undesirable effects of T on the prostate, without blocking the desirable anabolic effects of T on muscle, bone, and fat.

filter123 is offline Junior Member
    can you give some examples of 5-ar's ?

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    Finasteride and durasteride are 5-AR blockers and are the best options with the later being the most effetive.

There are two enzymes responsible for the conv of test to DHT. Propecia targets one of these enzymes, type 1. Unfortunately, it's mainly the type 2 enzyme that's most active in the scalp. Avodart targets both type 1 and 2 enzymes, so it's much more effective for hairloss. If you have a predisposition to hair loss, I don't think Propecia would cut it while on-cycle, use Avodart.

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by big k.l.g
    Testosterone and a 5-AR blocker is best. You can avoid the effect of test on your prostate and scalp w/o affecting the benefits.

Inhibition of 5{alpha}-reductase blocks prostate effects of testosterone without blocking anabolic effects.

Borst SE, Lee JH, Conover CF.

VA Medical Center, GRECC-182, 1601 SW Archer Rd., Gainesville, FL 32608-1197. [email protected]).

We studied the effect of the 5alpha-reductase inhibitor MK-434 on responses to testosterone (T) in orchiectomized (ORX) male Brown Norway (BN) rats aged 13 mo. At 4 wk after ORX or sham surgery, a second surgery was performed to implant pellets delivering 1 mg T/day or placebo pellets. During the second 4 wk of the study, rats received injections of MK-434 (0.75 mg/day) or vehicle injections. Treatment with T elevated serum T to 75% above that for sham animals (P = 0.002) and did not affect serum dihydrotestosterone (DHT) or serum estradiol. T treatment also caused an elevation of prostate T and a marked elevation of prostate DHT. During the second half of the study, ORX rats lost an average of 18.86 +/- 4.62 g body wt. T completely prevented weight loss, and the effect was not inhibited by MK-434 (P < 0.001). ORX produced a nonsignificant trend toward a small (5%) decrease in the mass of the gastrocnemius muscle (P = 0.0819). This trend was also reversed by T, and the effect of T was not blocked by MK-434. T caused a significant 16% decrease in subcutaneous fat that was not blocked by MK-434 (P < 0.05). Finally, T caused a 65% decrease in urine excretion of deoxypyridinoline, a marker of bone resorption, and again the effect was not blocked by MK-434 (P < 0.0001). In contrast, T caused a greater than fivefold increase in prostate mass, and the effect was almost completely blocked by MK-434 (P < 0.0001). This study demonstrates that 5alpha-reductase inhibitors may block the undesirable effects of T on the prostate, without blocking the desirable anabolic effects of T on muscle, bone, and fat.
    nice post

Thread Information