bradd5150 is offline Associate Member

time off from lifting

this may be better suited in the workout section but here goes: i've been training 5 days a week without time off, for the better part of two years. off and on for years before that. im gonna do my first cycle in the next month and i've been having some joint pains. nothing major just soreness. would it be advisable to take a week off before starting my cycle? maybe help heal whatever is aching me first? thanks bros.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Not sure how old you are but I am in my mid thirties and I take a break where I lift light or not at all for about a month just to let myself recover from strains and pains. Not sure if its good to stop right before a cycle. For instance, I have been doing minimal weight lifting for a couple of months due to work and grad school. Now I am turing up the heat full pace for atleast 4 weeks before starting anything.

bump for more comments.

Moosepellet is offline Member
    Were is the soreness at? To answer your question though, yea you should take a week or two off. It shouldn't affect you that much as long as your in pretty good shape, good luck with your cycle.

Dozerd is offline Junior Member
    A week off helps alot. Rest up a little for your cycle then hit it hard. Run some deca in your next cycle it will lube up the joints.

thanks bros. im 34 and the pain is mostly in my left elbow. especially after doing triceps. ive taken glucosamine/chrondroiten (sp?) for a few months but didn't seem to help. a couple tylenol and the pain is gone just wondering if the increased strength would make things worse.

timeismoney is offline Associate Member
    Get some ice on the elbow about 2 - 3 times a day for 10-15 min. Should help with the inflammation and the pain. Goodluck.

Also, stay away from any pressing movements for a while and anything that puts a lot of pressure on the elbow joint when your arms are overhead. (Skullcrushers, overhead cable ext, etc...)

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    What kinds of gear do you plan on running.. what does your cycle look like?

test c 400mg/week for 10-12 weeks. jumpstart with M1T/4derm weeks 1-4. nolva/clomid pct.

peump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by timeismoney
    Get some ice on the elbow about 2 - 3 times a day for 10-15 min. Should help with the inflammation and the pain. Goodluck.
    heat not cold

zuke is offline Member
    do you jerk with your left or right?

Quote Originally Posted by peump
    heat not cold

Sorry bro, but for an inflammed joint heat would not be beneficial for him. (Unless he was heating it before he competed in a sporting event or lifted) But at this stage it would only encourage the inflammation to continue. I have been in school for 7 1/2 years for PT and heat isn't encouraged for something like this. (This goes for joints in general when inflammation is concerned)

jerk with right so no problems there

Thread Information