Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member

Injectable sustained release anti estrogen

Anyone ever heard or used? First example I was just turned on to was Fastlodex??? Come on scientist, researchers, and pre-knowledgable members.(hooker, big k.l.g, buff87, and way more than I am listing - you say... I absorb)
    Last edited by Mesomorphyl; 03-03-2005 at 01:05 PM.

This thread is what has my interest perked... Read past injection info and look at the compound itself.
    Video - Administrating the injection

bump^

Here is something...
    Many breast cancers have estrogen receptors (ER), and the growth of these tumors can be stimulated by estrogen. Fulvestrant is an estrogen receptor antagonist that binds to the estrogen receptor in a competitive manner with affinity comparable to that of estradiol. Fulvestrant downregulates the ER protein in human breast cancer cells. In a clinical study in postmenopausal women with primary breast cancer treated with single doses of FASLODEX 15-22 days prior to surgery, there was evidence of increasing down regulation of ER with increasing dose. This was associated with a dose-related decrease in the expression of the progesterone receptor, an estrogen-regulated protein. These effects on the ER pathway were also associated with a decrease in Ki67 labeling index, a marker of cell proliferation. In vitro studies demonstrated that fulvestrant is a reversible inhibitor of the growth of tamoxifen -resistant, as well as estrogen-sensitive human breast cancer (MCF-7) cell lines. In in vivo tumor studies, fulvestrant delayed the establishment of tumors from xenografts of human breast cancer MCF-7 cells in nude mice. Fulvestrant inhibited the growth of established MCF-7 xenografts and of tamoxifen-resistant breast tumor xenografts. Fulvestrant resistant breast tumor xenografts may also be cross-resistant to tamoxifen. Fulvestrant showed no agonist-type effects in in vivo uterotropic assays in immature or ovariectomized mice and rats. In in vivo studies in immature rats and ovariectomized monkeys, fulvestrant blocked the uterotrophic action of estradiol. In postmenopausal women, the absence of changes in plasma concentrations of FSH and LH in response to fulvestrant treatment (250 mg monthly) suggests no peripheral steroidal effects.
    Clinical Studies
    Description
    Mechanism of Action FASLODEX (fulvestrant) Injection for intramuscular administration is an estrogen receptor antagonist without known agonist effects. The chemical name is 7-alpha-[9-(4,4,5,5,5-penta fluoropentylsulphinyl) nonyl]estra-1,3,5-(10)- triene-3,17-beta-diol. is C32H47F5O3S Fulvestrant is a white powder with a molecular weight of 606.77. The solution for injection is a clear, colorless to yellow, viscous liquid. Each injection contains as inactive ingredients: Alcohol, USP, Benzyl Alcohol, NF, and Benzyl Benzoate, USP, as co-solvents, and Castor Oil, USP as a co-solvent and release rate modifier. FASLODEX is supplied in sterile single patient pre-filled syringes containing 50-mg/mL fulvestrant either as a single 5 mL or two concurrent 2.5 mL injections to deliver the required monthly dose. FASLODEX is administered as an intramuscular injection of 250 mg once monthly.

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    I heard it runs over 500 us per ml.

Quote Originally Posted by big k.l.g
    I heard it runs over 500 us per ml.
    D@MN! never mind... was just a thought.

Thanks big k.l.g

I wrote a short profile on it a year ago, bro:

http://www.bodybuilding4life.com/for...ead.php?t=4832

Thread Information