lousygenes is offline Junior Member

The lost cycle - learn from my mistakes

I've already posted this in the PCT section, but if you're like me, you rarely go there.
    My stats: 6'1, 215lbs, mid-40s. I've done roids for about three years; a total of around six cycles. My first couple of cycles were sust/primobolan depot that I got over in Turkey. My last few cycles have been test prop/fina with deca thrown in when the shoulders kill me (I find deca's great for my joints).

This last cycle was a plain vanilla 12 week test prop/fina cycle, with the occasional addition of deca (us oldtimers get creaky joints). The cycle went great; I was benching 275 (keep in mind that 4 yrs ago, I was benching 150), I was looking pretty buffed out (ok, I could stand to lose a little bit of fat), and felt that this was going to be my last cycle.

I decided to use strictly nolva for my PCT due to an article that I read touting the virtues of nolva over clomid for PCT, along with experiencing some vision problems in a previous cycle from clomid.
    A full month passed and my natural test production was still shut down. Finally, I switched to a clomid/nolva/l-dex PCT, as recommended by Pheedno, LuvMyRoids, and SeanW (Thanks guys). It's been three more weeks and my natural test production is finally recovering. Whew!

So if you know anyone who killed their natural test production from a cycle, get them to use Pheedno's PCT. Pheedno's PCT I know that it says 30 days, but I am going to run this for another 20 minimum (I'm at 25 now). If 30 days doesn't work for you, just keep at it.

Now why did I title this The Lost Cycle? Think about what having no test in your system for six weeks does to your body. I've lost all of the strength that I gained last cycle plus some and I look like the Pillsbury dough boy from the extra two inches that I've put on my waist.
    During the time that my test was shut down, I became lethargic and only went to the gym approximately 3 days a week (I usually do 6/wk). I ate everything in sight. I developed a craving for chocolates; I blame it on the estrogen. I was slightly depressed (not terribly, only slightly).
    My body is now worse off than when I started my last cycle. I will wait three more months before starting another cycle, and I will be very careful about my PCT.

Anyway, that's my story. I hope that some will learn from my stupidity.

XxElitexX is offline Senior Member
    hmmm, interesting, clomid is some nasty stuff, but worth it for sure.

needle is offline Senior Member
    sounds interesting!!!good info!!!

RUballs0514 is offline Associate Member
    its a tough story, but its good to hear something like that to open our eyes to the importance of PCT and such. sorry to hear of your loss

lousygenes is offline Junior Member
    Here's a link to the original article that convinced me to switch to nolva exclusively for PCT: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/par25.htm

Quote Originally Posted by RUballs0514
    its a tough story, but its good to hear something like that to open our eyes to the importance of PCT and such. sorry to hear of your loss
    Thanks, I'm not happy with the loss, but it's just a cycle. I was more worried about being able to sport wood. My wife's been great through the whole ordeal, and willy's coming back to life. ... I'm just a dirty old man at heart.

Thread Information