jg42058p is offline Member

Low dose cytomel cycling

Hey, at what dose does cytomel typically become catabolic?

I was thinking of throwing in some cytomel to my cutting stack and was wondering what dose I should start out at.

I dont want/plan to take it at a high dosage because of how catabolic it can be

Would 25mcg/day be enough to help stimulate fat loss but not enough to stimulate catabolism?

bump

Indymuscleguy is offline Senior Member
    Interesting question. My thyroid went haywire in March of '07. I am on 175mcg of Synthroid or T-4 and 15mcg of Cytomel or T-3. My endocrinologist said...do NOT take more than 15mcg of T-3 or you will overdose.

Now, I understand that 33% of your T-4 converts to T-3. If I do the math and keep in mind, I do not have a functioning thyroid, I am getting ~73.33 of T-3 daily from the combined prescribed drugs.

With that being said...and NOT HAVING A FUNCTIONING THYROID, I would like to know the answer to your question AND if I am even close to overdosing??

T-3 can have an anorexia effect.

For me(50mcg) the lowest effective dose range still causes a catabolic effect. Even when running it with pretty high dosages of anabolics. Ie 75mg tren ed, 50mg win ed, 20mg Halo ed, 250mg prop wk. during cutting. Thats the exact dosages of gear I was taking when running 50mcg of cytomel ed and was still catabolic. I didn't care about the catabolic effect because I was the most shredded I had ever been, which is really not shredded by most standards. Normally I can be nearly 6'3 290lbs during a bulking cycle and at the end of that cutting cycle I was 6'3 260lbs at 10% bf

Quote Originally Posted by youngNhungry View Post
    For me(50mcg) the lowest effective dose range still causes a catabolic effect. Even when running it with pretty high dosages of anabolics. Ie 75mg tren ed, 50mg win ed, 20mg Halo ed, 250mg prop wk. during cutting. Thats the exact dosages of gear I was taking when running 50mcg of cytomel ed and was still catabolic. I didn't care about the catabolic effect because I was the most shredded I had ever been, which is really not shredded by most standards. Normally I can be nearly 6'3 290lbs during a bulking cycle and at the end of that cutting cycle I was 6'3 260lbs at 10% bf
    that was very informative, thanks. Maybe I'll try a 25mcg dosage

jstraw428 is offline Anabolic Member
    Your body naturally produces about 25-35mcg of t3.....so taking only 25mcg will just stop natty thyroid function, and not do much for fat loss....also, everyones body reacts differently....I have found that 75mcg is a good dose for me, but anything higher, i start to look flat, and feel a bit lethargic during workouts....

Taking 25mcg t3 wont do shit....

Quote Originally Posted by jstraw428 View Post
    Your body naturally produces about 25-35mcg of t3.....so taking only 25mcg will just stop natty thyroid function, and not do much for fat loss....also, everyones body reacts differently....I have found that 75mcg is a good dose for me, but anything higher, i start to look flat, and feel a bit lethargic during workouts....

Taking 25mcg t3 wont do shit....

So...read my posting...am I close to overdosing as my endocrinologist says or is he just hiding under the radar knowing I cycle...

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    I ran 25mcg T-3 during my last 2 competition prep cycles just 3 weeks before the contest dates. I didn't want to run T-3 because it tends to flatten me out, but I wanted to tighten up just a little bit more. Even at 25mcg ED it was enough to get my metabolism kicking and increase weight loss. I had to add carbs after the first week on to slow my weight loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Indymuscleguy View Post
    So...read my posting...am I close to overdosing as my endocrinologist says or is he just hiding under the radar knowing I cycle...
    ^^Bump for more comments regarding THIS question^^

And..oh..sorry. I think I hijacked this thread. My apologies!

^^bump^^

jstraw428 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cgb6810 View Post
    I ran 25mcg T-3 during my last 2 competition prep cycles just 3 weeks before the contest dates. I didn't want to run T-3 because it tends to flatten me out, but I wanted to tighten up just a little bit more. Even at 25mcg ED it was enough to get my metabolism kicking and increase weight loss. I had to add carbs after the first week on to slow my weight loss.

Well i hate to burst your bubble, but only taking t3 for 3 weeks is not enough time to shut down natty thyroid function(esp at that dose)...so you were actually adding 25mcg to you already present t3...so it was more like 50mcg in your body...

Thread Information