thebrakes is offline Associate Member

seeking a better understanding of DHT and 5-AR

i have an 8-week cut coming up that will include MOHN (very similar effect to anavar but slightly more androgenic , for anyone who doesnt follow the previously legal stuff), low-dose T3, forskolin, avena sativa, letro and winstrol , among other things. (no test) i am considering the DHT properties of winny and MDHT (mestanolone) as i am seriously considering using it in this cycle (obviously not along with winny; 4 weeks of each)...specifically the impact to hair loss as i believe i am prone (not 100% on that but i suspect it)

here's the issue: litertaure i've read suggests that the 5-AR reduction of test at the scalp (resulting in DHT) is the cause of hair loss. in a normal (read: not juicing) male, the only place a man gets DHT is from test...but in a guy who might be putting exogenous DHT into his body (via winny, proviron , 3-alpha, M5 or MDHT), there will be an excess of serum DHT that has come to be via a method OTHER than 5-AR. now, if the literature is correct, these exogenous sources should have no effect on hairloss, but decades of winny use suggests otherwise (hair loss is common while on it) so i'm a little confused. which of the following applies?

1) the studies that show 5-AR as the lone culprit in hair loss dont tell the whole story, as they were studying men whose serum DHT is produced ONLY via 5-AR (ie. if DHT arrives via other means, it still does the same thing at the scalp)

or

2) the studies are correct, suggesting the hair loss experienced with winny (or other DHT derivative) has more to do with the test that is almost used in conjunction with it (i hear fewer stories of hair loss when winny is used without test) and its subsequent reduction at the scalp.

thoughts? i plan to take finasteride throughout this cycle (already on it - can't beat that *** sale price from last weekend) but i am wondering if it will have an impact if "case 1" from above is accurate. i'm also on minoxidil and will be using azelaic acid and nizoral when the cycle starts.

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    i dont knwo what your sources are your talking about, but your body will see DHT as DHT reguardless of where it came from

you need to have test in your cycle

bump for an educated answer.

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    www.google.com and do a search for dht

Quote Originally Posted by gsxxr
    www.google.com and do a search for dht
    gee thanks. if you dont know the answer, don't reply. looks like you didnt even bother to read the question, or else you'd see that it's a problem of ambiguous information obtained from such sources.

certainly somebody has wondered this in the past and found an answer.

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    The drugs you are referring to are DHT derived steroids , and some retain some of the properties of the parent hormone, thus some hair loss can occur. You see DHT itself can cause the hair loss but also highly androgenic hormones like trenbolone with DO NOT require 5-ar interaction to cause hair loss.

On a side note you would get more help but you seem to have a poor attitude.

Logan13 is offline Banned

yes big k.l.g

"On a side note you would get more help but you seem to have a poor attitude"--- CORRECT big k.i.g.

Thread Information